Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

Lack of professionalism could mean lots of things. Maybe he doesn't take training seriously enough. Maybe he doesn't follow tactical instructions.

With the weight thing, if he's already been warned about his professionalism/fitness, then it's going to be a bigger deal than if it was an isolated incident. Like being 30 minutes late for work after being repeatedly warned about your timekeeping versus a model employee having an off-day.

And it's all very well saying you have to make exceptions for particular talents, but it hardly inspires the rest of the team to work as hard as possible if you see someone be allowed more leeway than others. Sometimes you have to set an example to keep everyone else working hard.

Having said that none of us have actually any idea what goes on behind the scenes so it's all just speculation, and I think most of us can agree that we wish he'd be in the team.

except for CT, he likes to be different.

And it's all very well saying you have to make exceptions for particular talents, but it hardly inspires the rest of the team to work as hard as possible if you see someone be allowed more leeway than others. Sometimes you have to set an example to keep everyone else working hard.

Except when that one person makes the difference more often than not. Beresford famously complained about having to work twice as hard because of Ginola until he realised just how good he was.

Obviously, there's no perfect method but what do you reckon worked better: Robson's pandering to egos or Souness' my way or the high way?

Put it this way, if Pardew cannot manage to get the best performances from Ben Arfa or Marveaux; both slight, creative, mercurial footballers... how's he going to manage Cabella; a slight, creative, mercurial footballer? Should we cut our losses with Cabella too?

What about Ferreyra, a striker known to have issues with confidence? I mean Pardew hasn't exactly returned Cisse to his early form and he's clearly a striker who is reliant on confidence.

I just think Ben Arfa is one of those players that you have to put the extra effort into, to get the best out of. He's worth it.

Well we can all hope that Cabella isn't as much of a cunt as Ben Arfa for a start.

I didn't realise Pardew was picking up the blame for Marveaux not being good enough though, that's a new one on me.

I didn't realise Pardew was picking up the blame for Marveaux not being good enough though, that's a new one on me.

Aye - bizarrely a lot of people seem to have Marveaux down as being some kind of world beater who 'The King' magically turned into an awful footballer.

Despite the fact he was largely gash and injured. We couldn't give him away.

Well we can all hope that Cabella isn't as much of a cunt as Ben Arfa for a start.

So you don't know the backstory to all of this but you know HBA is a cunt? :lol:

So you don't know the backstory to all of this but you know HBA is a cunt? :lol:

His teammates don't like him, his current and previous managers don't like him, and the likes of Benzema have come out and said that he should have been a great but for his personality. We don't know the backstory to his weight orders but we can safely conclude that he's a bit of a cunt. ;)

His teammates don't like him, his current and previous managers don't like him, and the likes of Benzema have come out and said that he should have been a great but for his personality. We don't know the backstory to his weight orders but we can safely conclude that he's a bit of a cunt. ;)

How do you know his teammates don't like him? For all you know Steven Taylor doesn't like him and everybody thinks he's the pups nuts. Benzema doesn't like him? Probably not, but then plenty of that Clairefontaine group got on with Ben Arfa so might it not be that Benzema is a cunt?

Also, given Pardew slept with one of his player's wives, takes the piss out of the fans on almost a daily basis with his cringeworthy and empty platitudes, headbutts a player midgame, calls a respected manager an "Old Cunt", I'm going to go ahead and think that perhaps Pardew is a cunt.

You're assuming Ben Arfa could be, we've seen evidence proving that Pardew definitely is a bellwhiff

Are people seriously forgetting the baggage he came with? Or the amount of time he's been given at Newcastle?

Neither of those things preclude Pardew being a cunt.

How do you know his teammates don't like him? For all you know Steven Taylor doesn't like him and everybody thinks he's the pups nuts. Benzema doesn't like him? Probably not, but then plenty of that Clairefontaine group got on with Ben Arfa so might it not be that Benzema is a cunt?

Also, given Pardew slept with one of his player's wives, takes the piss out of the fans on almost a daily basis with his cringeworthy and empty platitudes, headbutts a player midgame, calls a respected manager an "Old Cunt", I'm going to go ahead and think that perhaps Pardew is a cunt.

You're assuming Ben Arfa could be, we've seen evidence proving that Pardew definitely is a bellwhiff

You're like a little lass with a puppy whenever we get any sort of flair player in the team. He needs the Old Yeller treatment and you need to go to your bedroom and cry it all out.

Are people seriously forgetting the baggage he came with? Or the amount of time he's been given at Newcastle?

Neither of those things preclude Pardew being a cunt.

we want to get rid of pardew before we decide to get rid of ben arfa. he could well end up being mint again for a better manager.

You're like a little lass with a puppy whenever we get any sort of flair player in the team. He needs the Old Yeller treatment and you need to go to your bedroom and cry it all out.

:lol: behave yourself man, you do this everytime we get any player that has flair. You want shot of them as soon as possible to make space for grafters. No wonder you backed Souness. ;)

Look I agree that Ben Arfa needs to work harder, but you're insane if you think Pardew is anything less than the driving force in this. He can't manage creative players. You want him to be both Ginola AND Acuna? well unfortunately those players are so rare and sought after that Newcastle United frankly aren't going to get them. He's stropping because he wants to play with the ball on the deck, he wants to commit players, he wants to attack. Pardew wants a player that launches the ball into the box from deep, he wants a player that gets within 25 yards and takes a pot shot.

I want football that's exciting to watch, you want ... I dunno, something else? I can see why you've fallen out of love with the sport, if the only version you can tolerate is the kind played by tedious "grafters" I'd not be bothered by the sport either.

You can paint me as a fanboy or only interested in flair if you like, but we both know that's not true. I'm just stating that Pardew has fucked off the most exciing talent I've seen at the club in ages, because he's a shit manager. You're saying it's entirely Ben Arfa's fault and we should get shot of him. Bonkers.