Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

I'm a massive fan, he was sound as a pound with me but to blame Pardew is basically just thick as fuck. You have to be stupid to blame Pardew because everyone in France who followed the soap operas at Lyon and Marseille would laugh at you for saying so. His character faults are still discussed more than his technical skills. Mention him in conversation and people don't comment on how good a player he is, they talk about him being an arsehole. Most commentators in France were also saying his form at Newcastle (in the brief period it was good) was the best of his career. Blaming Pardew for not sustaining this when this is exactly what happened everywhere else is beyond churlish, it's stupid.

Confirmation bias has a larger coefficient when the sign is negative (sic). :lol: Sorry :(

You can paint me as a fanboy or only interested in flair if you like, but we both know that's not true. I'm just stating that Pardew has fucked off the most exciing talent I've seen at the club in ages, because he's a shit manager. You're saying it's entirely Ben Arfa's fault and we should get shot of him. Bonkers.

This is bullshit btw, I don't think it's entirely the player's fault, but there are genuinely people on here that think it's entirely the manager's which, as just explained by Chez, is moronic.

I don't think anyone is saying Ben Arfa is blameless but he has shown he has talent that can be nurtured. Pardew has not.

It seems that the treatment of the player lies with the manager. By all accounts the board still see a good player there and recognise he's a fan favourite but Pardew seems to have unlimited credit with those fuckwits.

Honestl though, if it came down to a choice between either Pardew or Ben Arfa leaving, you'd have to be mug to choose the manager over a player that can win matches.

I don't think anyone is saying Ben Arfa is blameless but he has shown he has talent that can be nurtured. Pardew has not.

It seems that the treatment of the player lies with the manager. By all accounts the board still see a good player there and recognise he's a fan favourite but Pardew seems to have unlimited credit with those fuckwits.

Honestl though, if it came down to a choice between either Pardew or Ben Arfa leaving, you'd have to be mug to choose the manager over a player that can win matches.

I'm ambivalent about both of them.

It seems to be rather fashionable to bash Pardew at every opportunity. He was touted for England, so he's clearly not anywhere near as bad as people make out.

Keep in mind he's regularly had key players sold.

At no point has Ben Arfa said he plans to knuckle down and earn his spot back. All I hear from his agent is how harsh the club is and that he'll see out his final year.

It seems to be rather fashionable to bash Pardew at every opportunity. He was touted for England, so he's clearly not anywhere near as bad as people make out.

At no point has Ben Arfa said he plans to knuckle down and earn his spot back. All I hear from his agent is how harsh the club is and that he'll see out his final year.

He gets bashed/ridiculed because he talks shit on a regular basis, he arse-licks his boss, he accepts his lot and goes back for second helpings and generally makes it very easy to mock him and that's without bringing the football side into it. He's the first manager in almost a century to lost three derbies in a row (and lose two of them spectacularly), he's the master of the heavy defeat including our heaviest home defeat since the twenties and is complicit in our early cup exits to inferior opposition. Taking the piss out of him isn't 'fashionable' mate, it should be fucking compulsory.

He gets bashed/ridiculed because he talks shit on a regular basis, he arse-licks his boss, he accepts his lot and goes back for second helpings and generally makes it very easy to mock him and that's without bringing the football side into it. He's the first manager in almost a century to lost three derbies in a row (and lose two of them spectacularly), he's the master of the heavy defeat including our heaviest home defeat since the twenties and is complicit in our early cup exits to inferior opposition. Taking the piss out of him isn't 'fashionable' mate, it should be fucking compulsory.

I agree completely. The issue of HBA being unprofessional and ruining his career here is separate from the issue of Pardew being a fucking dud. He is absolutely rubbish. He was mentioned in connection with England (not sure anyone ever "touted" him) simply because he was English and we were doing well, at a time when the FA clearly were after an English manager. If his name was Alain Pardieu or Alanno Pardicchio, not even the most cock-eyed pundit would've breathed his name.

He is a crap manager, end of. He should still be in the third division right now, where he would be if he hadn't been plucked from obscurity by his drinking buddies and parachuted into a job that he's not up for. Fair do's to him for taking the job, he always knew it was beyond him but who could turn it down? But he should've been put out of his (and our) misery long ago, and we will achieve nothing with him as manager, no matter what improvements we make to the playing staff.

I agree completely. The issue of HBA being unprofessional and ruining his career here is separate from the issue of Pardew being a fucking dud. He is absolutely rubbish. He was mentioned in connection with England (not sure anyone ever "touted" him) simply because he was English and we were doing well, at a time when the FA clearly were after an English manager. If his name was Alain Pardieu or Alanno Pardicchio, not even the most cock-eyed pundit would've breathed his name.

He is a crap manager, end of. He should still be in the third division right now, where he would be if he hadn't been plucked from obscurity by his drinking buddies and parachuted into a job that he's not up for. Fair do's to him for taking the job, he always knew it was beyond him but who could turn it down? But he should've been put out of his (and our) misery long ago, and we will achieve nothing with him as manager, no matter what improvements we make to the playing staff.

I don't get this. We've finished 5th with Pardew as manager. That doesn't mean he's a good manager, just that the players are the biggest factor by far. If we made significant improvements to the playing staff, the team and results would improve significantly. I think the amount of impact a manager has over the results of a team is generally always exaggerated.

Edited by Bictor

:up:

Regardless of whose fault it is, when a player is consigned to train with the kids its usually terminal. I dont think we'll see him play for us again, and even if Pardew gets sacked I expect the new man will be instructed to keep it that way.

1063153.gif

Pardew will be desperate to get Ben Arfa moved on before the transfer window shuts, otherwise he'll be hanging round like Banquo's ghost with the fans chanting his name every time we're not winning after 30 minutes.

:lol: I'd love to believe you were on the wind-up. In general I mean. I fear not though.

uT0rLhP.png

Yet he still tells us all how he dedicates wins to Mike and how thankful we should be that he is our owner or we'd be another Portsmouth or Leeds.

He regularly gets his best players sold from underneath his feet without any immediate replacements. Every team would struggle if that happened.

I still think he has limited ability but is perfect for Ashley.

He also regularly touts his best players out in public too.

Plus how often as that actually happened? Carroll and Cabaye perhaps?

Not sure about Cabaye either, he'd been flaunting him in the market for days before his sale. They might have signed a replacement too if they hadn't given up on the season altogether.

Put it this way - I think the club haven't backed him properly at times - probably most of the time but that doesn't mean he isn't responsible for his own under performance. Particularly the second half of last season where everybody was on holiday.

Any manager who uses the excuse of selling Cabaye / not signing a replacement as an excuse for not turning up in the derby (and the subsequent downturn in performances) and who also dedicates wins to the bloke responsible for that is going to get stick from the fans.