Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

eh enrique left just after liverpool had got to the semifinals of the europa league (knocked out by the winners) and we were flogging people and liverpool were investing.

At that time they did look more ambitious or more likely to have a go

They wernt "champions league or Title challenging" though.

Very poorly. long night last night after taking her in, waiting for a call. Picked her up very early this morning & dropped her at the regular vets so she's hospitalised now & on a lot of medication, looked a little bit better after relaxant drug. Heartbreaking for such a young dog to go through this. If she doesn't have any quality of life after treatment she'll have to be put to sleep.I've never really been upset about a dog before.

I'm sure you all had similar discussions over Enrique.

Footballers follow the money.

If Liverpool are the ones offering silly bucks then that's where him or most others will go.

Not a chance he will go to Liverpool. Ben Arfa isn't all about the money either. He has ambitions of going to the very top so he would not leave us for a sideways step to Liverpool.

Very poorly. long night last night after taking her in, waiting for a call. Picked her up very early this morning & dropped her at the regular vets so she's hospitalised now & on a lot of medication, looked a little bit better after relaxant drug. Heartbreaking for such a young dog to go through this. If she doesn't have any quality of life after treatment she'll have to be put to sleep.I've never really been upset about a dog before.

They quickly take a big place in your heart.

Hope she pulls through.

Sorry to hear that. What's wrong with her?

Not a chance he will go to Liverpool. Ben Arfa isn't all about the money either. He has ambitions of going to the very top so he would not leave us for a sideways step to Liverpool.

Thing is he came here to kick start his career. While he is exceptional on his day, I wonder if he has been consistent enough to interest any of the top four?

At some point he may have to weigh up his next move with what he would like and what's on the table.

Can't wait to see him on the right with Gouffron on the left although it sounds as though he's going to warm the bench against Swansea.

Hope she's OK Tom, love dogs me !!!

Ben Arfa talking to the Times.

"It's really special to be back. I think we can turn this into a better season than it might have seemed.

"I'd love to win titles, silverware. To give everything I can so that at the end of my career I can look back and have no regrets. Why not here? It's a beautiful club.

"There's everything here to succeed; a great stadium and infrastructure, brilliant fans, good players. Everything is in place."

"I feel a great sense of pride to see all the French players arriving," he said. "They are great signings. We've recruited very well."

Ben Arfa is keen to repay manager Pardew for the faith shown in him, adding: "We have a good relationship.

"He's given me a lot of responsibility, but he's done it gradually, so he's learnt exactly where I play best. And he now has confidence in me, which has really helped my game. I want to repay him for that."

Ben Arfa talking to the Times.

"It's really special to be back. I think we can turn this into a better season than it might have seemed.

"I'd love to win titles, silverware. To give everything I can so that at the end of my career I can look back and have no regrets. Why not here? It's a beautiful club.

"There's everything here to succeed; a great stadium and infrastructure, brilliant fans, good players. Everything is in place."

"I feel a great sense of pride to see all the French players arriving," he said. "They are great signings. We've recruited very well."

Ben Arfa is keen to repay manager Pardew for the faith shown in him, adding: "We have a good relationship.

"He's given me a lot of responsibility, but he's done it gradually, so he's learnt exactly where I play best. And he now has confidence in me, which has really helped my game. I want to repay him for that."

Nice. It'll be like a new signing.

Amazing the difference in answers when they're talking to French and English papers....or perhaps the difference in questions.

I think this is the first interview since all the new signings coming in. Could be he changed his tune having seen the renewed ambitions of the club and the recent performances.

He's had a nightmare with injuries, hopefully that is all behind him and he can get a solid run of form towards the end of the season.

Two of them were resultant from out and out assaults.