Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

:lol:

To be fair, Fish, I gave up debating something with you because of the strawman and hilarious misrepresentations of my point. I don't think you're doing it on purpose or anything, you're just not the most objective.

Edited by to dumb

If Pardew had been at west ham longer, I reckon Tevez wouldve ended up training with the kids and ostracized too. I think Pardews too egotistic to deal with players who stand up to him and his utilitarian brand of football. Tbh i'm not in hba's camp as he probably has a permanent pet lip but I do think Pardew shouldve got more out of him....we're desperate for some attacking verve and have been for a long time.

This is the biggest issue...The man has huge ego (God knows what that is based on). He sets up negative loops and lacks judgement and clarity and doesn't know how to step aside or look at things from a distance. He's always involved, always making comments to the media...Continually talking crap and spinning so he can stay relatively unscathed in any eventuality. It's clear as the stories change that he doesn't actually believe most of it and it is designed to shield Ashley and the amateurish doings of the club.

I somehow got the impression that he was excellent in games where he wasn't needed so much vs lower quality opposition and didn't turn up when really needed.

Paging HF.

I somehow got the impression that he was excellent in games where he wasn't needed so much vs lower quality opposition and didn't turn up when really needed.

Paging HF.

That's not just him tho is it? We have very low game control and posession in postitive areas against the good sides.

Yeah, I have to say I feel sorry for him trying to play real football when the most of the players are incapable and/or hiding.

In a decent side he'd probably do much better, and he maybe he looks bad because he has to try go it alone to achieve anything, and inevitably can't beat 5 men every time he gets the ball.

I agree tbh. In the big scheme of things he achieved very little for us bar a few nice goals. We've been utter shite in the past and have players from those periods who will be held in higher esteem than he will be, Quinn and Kelly spring to mind...

I can see a top club signing him on a free next season

this. i can see him putting himself in the shop window with a manager that puts his arm around him and lets him concentrate on creating instead of grafting, and ending up at at a better club than us. he'll have his pick tbf on a freebie if he does well this season. the key for him will be staying fit.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I agree tbh. In the big scheme of things he achieved very little for us bar a few nice goals. We've been utter shite in the past and have players from those periods who will be held in higher esteem than he will be, Quinn and Kelly spring to mind...

To be honest his open letter read to me as a simple "I didn't want to go, I enjoyed playing in front of the Newcastle fans, I'll always remember the time I spent there fondly". Hardly controversial, hardly necessary, but definitely not controversial imo.

'Arry piping up about it is rank hypocrisy.

Fair enough. When he was bottling challenges at home v the mackems last season he didnt seem to love us very much. Wouldn't properly criticise him for that v anyone else tbh, but we should expect proper comittment against them. He barely played after that tbh, which was Pardew cutting his nose off to spite his face, but the outpouring of man love for Ben arfa now hes gone has masked some pretty basic failings tbh.

Edited by PaddockLad

... You moving the goalposts Rummy, Ben Arfa plays with an individual mindset, this is fine because he scores and provides assists in so doing. The issue isn't with Ben Arfa, the issue is with Pardew's inability to utilise a system that gets the most from all of his players. He shoe horns a rangy midfielder out onto the wing, he pushes an instinctive striker out wide.

We've all been capable of looking at the squad we have and managed to push people around to get the right pegs in the right holes, but Pardew cannot. You might like big burly limited footballers playing boring football, but I like flair, I like individual moments of genius. I'd rather watch Beardsley than Barton. There's a place for hard-work and grit, it is not out wide on the grass of St James'.

I see. Then why is he at Hull now you clown? :lol:

The rest of the post after your gibberish about pegs and holes is irrelevent.

I see. Then why is he at Hull now you clown? :lol:

The rest of the post after your gibberish about pegs and holes is irrelevent.

He's at Hull because Steve Bruce convinced him to move there. Steve Bruce will have looked at his side and spotted it is crying out for some flair, hence Ben Arfa, Tom Ince and Gaston Ramirez, He's signed three players who are not renowned for their defensive work. He'll no doubt have a similar centre to last year; Huddlestone and Livermore providing steel in the centre, allowing the flair players license to attack.

Tell you what, I'd rather watch Bruce's Hull than Pardew's Newcastle.

Oh, and while Ben Arfa is there now, it's unlikely he'll be there next season. Wouldn't be surprised to see him playing European football on the continent. We won't be.