Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

He's at Hull because Steve Bruce convinced him to move there. Steve Bruce will have looked at his side and spotted it is crying out for some flair, hence Ben Arfa, Tom Ince and Gaston Ramirez, He's signed three players who are not renowned for their defensive work. He'll no doubt have a similar centre to last year; Huddlestone and Livermore providing steel in the centre, allowing the flair players license to attack.

Β 

Tell you what, I'd rather watch Bruce's Hull than Pardew's Newcastle.

Β 

Oh, and while Ben Arfa is there now, it's unlikely he'll be there next season. Wouldn't be surprised to see him playing European football on the continent. We won't be.

Spot on Fish.

It's funny how they're trying to pin the Ben Arfa thing on Colo to ease the pressure on Pardew, yet what was the influential Coloccini's input when the club were dealing with Jonas?

While you might be right about them trying to shift the blame it's not really the same thing, i.e. the captain telling the manager, owner or whoever that player HBA is a disgrace and should be binned is likely to get a more sympathetic hearing than trying to get his mate a new contract / 1 year extension or whatever. As far as the owner is concerned, certainly.

While you might be right about them trying to shift the blame it's not really the same thing, i.e. the captain telling the manager, owner or whoever that player HBA is a disgrace and should be binned is likely to get a more sympathetic hearing than trying to get his mate a new contract / 1 year extension or whatever. As far as the owner is concerned, certainly.

His mate's under contract though and not even allowed to train with the group. Hardly showing Colo up as someone with massive influence enough to decide the fate of HBA

His mate's under contract though and not even allowed to train with the group. Hardly showing Colo up as someone with massive influence enough to decide the fate of HBA

Even if he did have enough sway you could argue that he could have wanted Ben Arfa out of the picture but was also able to accept that his mate wasn't good enough for the first team anymore. The two positions aren't contradictory.

Edited by Alex

Even if he did have enough sway you could argue that he could have wanted Ben Arfa out of the picture but was also able to accept that his mate wasn't good enough for the first team anymore. The two positions aren't contradictory.

But it's not about him being dropped it's about him being outcast and training alone in Argentina!

But it's not about him being dropped it's about him being outcast and training alone in Argentina!

Fair enough, I don't think it's a particularly classy move by the club by any means and I doubt Colo thinks so either but I think the point still stands, since it's more about (I think) him not being good enough any more. I suppose we don't know what happened behind closed doors and the captain could've made noises about it and we haven't found out. I think your point about Colo being given the blame for HBA is probably a legitimate one, in that I have little doubt the story has come from an official club source and been fed to Ryder.