Owen - If only the fans knew the facts!

KeithJ

What a cunt, he should've retired in 2005 and saved us £38m in wages and transfer fees. The fact he thanks his family and in the same breath thanks his sponsors, tells you everything there is to know about the man.

Once his pace went he was finished at the highest level. Decent finisher but his pace made him the player he was in his early 20s. He's been ordinary since.

Funny watching him in denial about it the last few seasons.

I said in 2002 to anyone who would listen Bellamy was a better player than Owen with more longevity, I was right as well. Telling for an out and out goalscorer he never had a season where he scored 20 or more. Edited by McFaul

did he ever complete a full season with out a spell on the sidelines? sicknote that he was. definitely didn't for us. pound for pound (wages and fees), one of the worst signings nufc ever made.

He was superb when he first broke through. Like a little whippet, would have been a nightmare to mark. The Argentina goal, the FA cup final winner at Cardiff and the hattrick against the Krauts prob the highlights. Injuries exposed him as a one dimensional player though. He was never able to adapt his game like shearer was.

Probably because he rarely completed a full season with our a spell injured. His goal ratio at Liverpool is impressive - 118 goals in 216 games. And at Real Madrid he had the highest goals per minutes played ratio. He bagged 13 goals in a season where he was mainly reduced to sub appearances.

Shame he was a spent force by the time he rocked up in toon.

At Liverpool he was one of the best players in the world tbf. In his heyday he was easily better than Bellamy

better finisher definetly...better footballer?.....Bellamy always wanted the ball, Owen wanted chances on a plate. Fair enough with a briliant midfield behind you, not really going to happen under Souness and Roeder though.

What I could never get my head round with Owen was how much of a lethal finisher he was at Liverpool yet as the years went by his finishing seemed to massively deteriorate. I can understand his pace going due to his injuries but he lost a lot of his finishing ability too.

What a c*nt, he should've retired in 2005 and saved us £38m in wages and transfer fees. The fact he thanks his family and in the same breath thanks his sponsors, tells you everything there is to know about the man.

You mean he didn't retire in 2005? Certain gave up on football back then.

Good riddance to bad sh*t. No doubt the horse racing world will welcome him with open arms.

some of his finshes in that video show his class. outside of the boot little flicks. annoying number against us, the little shit. almost as much as he scored for us it feels like. the other striking thing from that video is his pace. scary. that was long gone by the time we got him.

:fuk:

fucking hell. his misses compilation has more highlights than his goal reel for us. no wonder he needed that bloody dossier to get another club after us.

i really don't think his finishing is all it's cracked up to be, like i said early, never broke 30 in all comps in a season, and never got 20 in the league

he was just about top 5 for scorers in his best seasons here, van horseface etc get the deserved credit, Owen over hyped because hes english and scored a few key goals at internatonal level

Nah not at all. I hate the little scrote as much as you do but there's no denying when he was at his peak at Liverpool his finishing was quality. You're just letting your bitterness get in the way there. Especially with regards to the mentioning the England thing, as I certainly couldn't give a fuck about the England national team and I don't really remember him scoring that many key goals for England. Apart from France '98 he was pretty poor for England in tournaments.

What I could never get my head round with Owen was how much of a lethal finisher he was at Liverpool yet as the years went by his finishing seemed to massively deteriorate. I can understand his pace going due to his injuries but he lost a lot of his finishing ability too.

Bit like Torres...