Owen - If only the fans knew the facts!

KeithJ

"Knew I would get booed as that's what a lot of fans do but if they knew the facts then they may have a different opinion."

£202,531 per game

£533,333 per goal

Michael's right, I didn't know the facts, got my sums wrong...

Transfer Fee £16m

Wages £120,000 per week

Wages £24.96m Total

Insurance return £10m

Total outlay £30.96m

£1,032,000 per goal

you should also take into account the £10million in compensation received from the fa and the fact that we never actually paid £16-£17million for him as part of the fee was offset against money still owed by real madrid from the woodgate deal.

I did include that 10 million...and the woodgate money was ours, not sure why it doesn't count as a cost.

only if you're a fucking autist who likes to post meaningless numbers and can't read between the lines.

those numbers are relevant to the two major injuries he suffered, without which he would have been a good signing, and speak nothing of the reasons why the bloke is actually a prick.

No, I definitely said more about the Owen deal than you did. Autistic or not.

So little Michael Owen was a bit put out that he got a heap of scorn poured down at him from the stands when he came on as a sub and seems a bit surprised? Apart from never wanting to be here, apart from being injured a lot, apart from only being bothered about Ingurland, apart from missing a load of glaring sitters which might have kept us up in the run in, apart from stating it was a 'shame Newcastle got relegated' a few weeks after the event, apart from getting his agent to put out a lovely glossy brochure for clubs to read about how good he is as we were awaiting our new fixture list to see when we'd go to Doncaster, Scunthorpe etc, apart from being the worst Captain I've ever seen at my club, (take a look at Kevin Nolan to see how a Captain should really go on), apart from being pound for pound the worst ever signing in our history, (and given the competition, that's no mean feat!) Apart from being a cold fish who just didn't 'get' NUFC or gel with the support.............Then yes, I'm a bit surprised as well.

I'd love it, really love it, (to coin a phrase), if SAF told him he wasn't fit to be at MUFC even on a play-as-you-play deal and watch him squirm as no big club would touch him. I'd love to see him end up at Stoke listening to Tony Pulis give team talks with his baseball cap on.

J league written all over him.

only if you're a fucking autist who likes to post meaningless numbers and can't read between the lines.

those numbers are relevant to the two major injuries he suffered, without which he would have been a good signing, and speak nothing of the reasons why the bloke is actually a prick.

the fact that you believe that is why you remain so clueless about pretty much everything

Guest Your Name Here
So little Michael Owen was a bit put out that he got a heap of scorn poured down at him from the stands when he came on as a sub and seems a bit surprised? Apart from never wanting to be here, apart from being injured a lot, apart from only being bothered about Ingurland, apart from missing a load of glaring sitters which might have kept us up in the run in, apart from stating it was a 'shame Newcastle got relegated' a few weeks after the event, apart from getting his agent to put out a lovely glossy brochure for clubs to read about how good he is as we were awaiting our new fixture list to see when we'd go to Doncaster, Scunthorpe etc, apart from being the worst Captain I've ever seen at my club, (take a look at Kevin Nolan to see how a Captain should really go on), apart from being pound for pound the worst ever signing in our history, (and given the competition, that's no mean feat!) Apart from being a cold fish who just didn't 'get' NUFC or gel with the support.............Then yes, I'm a bit surprised as well.

I'd love it, really love it, (to coin a phrase), if SAF told him he wasn't fit to be at MUFC even on a play-as-you-play deal and watch him squirm as no big club would touch him. I'd love to see him end up at Stoke listening to Tony Pulis give team talks with his baseball cap on.

From the day he was unveiled at SJP it was clear he was only here for the money, which would have been fine if he delivered the goods. But he didn’t deliver the goods and was obviously more interested in playing for England than he was about earning his money at SJP. He spent four years taking the piss and deserved what he got last night.

Next up Sol Campbell.

the fact that you believe that is why you remain so clueless about pretty much everything

... random :)

The reason the fans are on his back is because he gave every appearance of not giving a shit and in particular when we got relegated. He clearly thought he was too good for us and according to Freddy put nothing into the community away from the pitch either.

If he's being unfairly dealt to he should come out and tell us what these "facts" are.

He should also realise it's not all ex-players who get booed. Ones who leave under the right circumstances - which includes not producing a glossy brochure when your team's just got relegated - generally get cheered. I remember being at a match v Spurs where Sir Les got a hero's welcome, can't remember which one now as it was ages ago.

Surely "if they knew the facts" is exactly the problem. Even as captain he did not engage with the supporters.

Talking about the J League, no chance. However, the A League would suit him - come and join the old men (including "God") at the mighty Glory :)

Surely "if they knew the facts" is exactly the problem. Even as captain he did not engage with the supporters.

Talking about the J League, no chance. However, the A League would suit him - come and join the old men (including "God") at the mighty Glory :)

The A league's a pretty poor league imo. I can't watch it for more than 10 mins at a time.

The A league's a pretty poor league imo. I can't watch it for more than 10 mins at a time.

That's my point ;)

That's my point :icon_lol:

Yes I guessed that ;) Mind you, unless Perth has a decent horse racing scene, he'd only be interested in the Victory anyway ;)

He should also realise it's not all ex-players who get booed. Ones who leave under the right circumstances - which includes not producing a glossy brochure when your team's just got relegated - generally get cheered. I remember being at a match v Spurs where Sir Les got a hero's welcome, can't remember which one now as it was ages ago.

He scored against us for Leicester(?) and it got cheered.

Oh dear

For me it all started after he got the England injury and was interviewed by ITN (I think).

Not once did he mention us, not once did he question what it would do to the club that employed him and paid his wages. he merely bleated on about England this, England that.

Almost every other player of every other club put in the same circumstance would have at the very least, finished the interview off with the words "I'll just be giving it my all now to get fit and get back on the pitch for {insert name of club here}"

What we actually got was "oh woe is me", "how hard done by I am", "England career ruined" and "my horse is running in the 4.30 at Kempton, look at him isnt he a beauty?"

It wasn't so much the apparent lack of effort when he came back at the end of the relegation season but hid complete lack of giving a shit afterwards that fucked me off. I don't know whether he wasn't fit, simply didn't give a fuck, or all those injuries had finally caught up with him and his game had just gone to shit (performances since joining Man Utd seem to point to the latter) but the whole brochure incident and complete silence when we went down do point to someone who couldn't care less.

What I'm trying to say is, he's fair game for stick, the knacker.

Oh dear

you wouldn't say it to my face

Oh dear

you wouldn't say it to my face

No, I'd just tell you what a cunt you are :)

owens a idiot what did he expect to get for his reception a friggin cheer god is he thick or what when a player moves from one lcub to another they always get boooed

Assuming Man Utd go on to win the league and Owen doesn't get another game, does anyone know if he'll be entitled to a medal?

As it stands right now I think he's had 8 appearances out of the required 10 for a medal, but I believe there is special dispensation for players who have been out long term because of injuries?

Would be wonderful if the little scrote didn't get one.