Owen - If only the fans knew the facts!

KeithJ

8 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

A winning formula, clearly

Aye I made the mistake of saying something negative about him on twitter a month or so back, and fuck me, my mentions were insane. Lots of high t replies. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Aye I made the mistake of saying something negative about him on twitter a month or so back, and fuck me, my mentions were insane. Lots of high t replies. 

I bet I know what your low-t flight or flight reaction was :)

• 8 months later...
4 hours ago, ewerk said:

Thick as whale spunk.

Does he think the same should have been done when he done his knee playing for England? Just let play crack on while he lay there, I mean who knew? Just get up and run it off you never know could have just been a bump to the knee. What a total fucking waste of time Michael Owen is. Btw speaking as if he was this nails player, he was soft as fucking clarts - not that concussion protocols are anything about “being nails” but it’s an opinion I’d be expecting from a Lee Carsley. 

Edited by Howay

21 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Surprised Talkshite havn't snapped him up.  He's perfect for their bollocks.

There'd be carnage on the motorway. White vans just bouncing over the central reservation and into oncoming traffic as old sleeping pill voice went on another "witty" rant about softies with concussions. 

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, ewerk said:

Thick as whale spunk.

It's completely insensitive given Sutton lost his Dad to dementia. Fucking appalling really. Football continues to do fuck all about it save for a few token gestures - he's right, anyone suffering concussion should have an immediate and (if necessary) temporary replacement whilst the player is properly assessed. Shouldn't even be an option - should be mandated. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Craig said:

It's completely insensitive given Sutton lost his Dad to dementia. Fucking appalling really. Football continues to do fuck all about it save for a few token gestures - he's right, anyone suffering concussion should have an immediate and (if necessary) temporary replacement whilst the player is properly assessed. Shouldn't even be an option - should be mandated. 

If you are hit hard enough in the head to need an assessment you shouldn't be allowed back on the pitch anyway. If they make it a "free" substitution fair enough

• Like 2

I don't think it'll be long before rolling subs becomes a thing of the professional game. It exists and is employed well in youth football and removes one more excuse for why a player carries on playing after a concussion.

3 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Do players still have to miss a certain number of games if they’ve suffered concussion? 

Koch didn't play yesterday but not sure if that was due to protocol or medical team doing their job correctly. 

Concussion and especially repeated concussion is incredibly serious. There's all sorts of sports science backing this up at this point that opposing it is simply, as Dave said, playing devil's advocate for the sake of creating artificial controversy by being a WUM-y little tart.

There's so many reports in the news over here in recent years of rugby players who have dementia in their late 40s/early 50s. And besides dementia, concussion is linked with all sorts of mental health issues. To state the bleeding obvious, the sports science on the dangers of head knocks and concussion is pretty well established at this point. To oppose players having the proper medical attention on the basis of some pathetic notion that 'it's only a bump on the head' is really beyond dumb. It's completely irresponsible. I can accept that these dying media forms have been forced in some respect to resort to utter sensationalism to graft out a market, but geez have at least an iota of class when it comes to the health and future health of your former fellow professionals.

Owen really is an odious cunt. It's remarkable that someone so boring passes for a colour-commentator or whatever the term is for the plodders who drone on for 60 minutes before every match without any sense of discernible knowledge about anything at all. Wasn't there some interview when he was a young England player where he was filmed sat on the end of his bed staring blankly at the wall and over the top of this dire footage is him saying, 'I don't have any hobbies and I've only watched two movies in me life?' Says it all.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

In RL if you fail a head assessment you're out for a min of 11 days. 

One of tje rhino's players tonight took a right hit. The game was stopped for almost 10 minutes. 

Nothing a pint of your teammates' piss won't fix. 

• Haha 3