Owen - If only the fans knew the facts!

KeithJ

I did immediately think ‘Allan Simonsen’ but Charlton finished 17th in division two that year when I checked. But, aye, that was the best thing about Liverpool winning the CL that time 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Bob Moncur reckons Shearer told him that Owen refused to come on as sub in his final match for us v Villa. I’ve heard it from a few different people and it completely lines up with his way of thinking, ie protect his signing on fee for his next free transfer at all costs 

That same story has been mentioned too many times and is almost certainly true........it just makes Owen look an even bigger twat and money grabbing little shit

2 minutes ago, Rosco said:

That same story has been mentioned too many times and is almost certainly true........it just makes Owen look an even bigger twat and money grabbing little shit

Shearer was his mate as well. Up until that point anyway. With friends like that…

• Like 2

Remember when City & United were both going for the title 2011/12 and it went to last game of the season Utd were champions with 1 minute to go and little Michael who wasn't involved sneaked off to put his strip on to join in the celebrations.......cue City scoring in last minute to win title

Edited by Rosco
  • Haha 2
  • Jaysus... 1

Quick google for RAWK's opinion on Owen

Its obviously not evidence of why he didnt do well in RM as such, but I think it just about sums the c*nt up. There;s only 1 thing that matters to Owen and thats Michael Owen. Compare how Nando for example has settled into life in Liverpool. He left his beloved Atleti to win more (obviously not in the way Owen did but....) and when he came here he fell in love with the club and immersed himself in all it stands for (e.g. watching all videos of past teams etc). If Owen had any real sense of loyalty to anything other than himself he would have done the same in RM. I dont even think he has that loyalty to England. That love affair is (like everything else) all about HIM and glory for HIM.

Agree with those who say about Macca he did leave in a "better" way to Owen but I think he too lost any chance to be a legend with that.....
In fact
Michael Owen (redandwhitekop.com)
Edited by The Fish

Some Liverpool fans of a certain age hate Keegan too for having the temerity to leave them for Hamburg in 1977. Just because their opinion of Owen coincides with ours I wouldn’t take too much notice of them tbh. Players only have one shot at a career, fans shouldn’t be very high on their lists of considerations. Players stop being fans as soon as they sign their first professional contract…having said all that, Owen is indeed in a league of his own when it comes to being utterly self obsessed…

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Some Liverpool fans of a certain age hate Keegan too for having the temerity to leave them for Hamburg in 1977. Just because their opinion of Owen coincides with ours I wouldn’t take too much notice of them tbh. Players only have one shot at a career, fans shouldn’t be very high on their lists of considerations. Players stop being fans as soon as they sign their first professional contract…having said all that, Owen is indeed in a league of his own when it comes to being utterly self obsessed…

Like Holden says, it's less about him loving us, or Man Utd, or Stoke, it's how low he's regarded by all of the clubs he's played for. 

You'd have expected Liverpool fans, at least, to think well of him. Young local(ish) lad, broke through, won the Ballon D'Or, scored loads, speaks loudly and often about his love for the club. But they think he's a cunt and all.

To be honest, I can't think of another example of a player who is so widely disliked by the fans of the clubs he's represented. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Btw, where the fuck is he? A waiting room? 

What a whopper. 

He says at the start of the video. He’s at the airport waiting to fly out to Qatar for the World Cup. Just time to make a quick £2k advertising a poxy mobile game and another £30 sucking off a pensioner in the disabled toilet.  

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, trophyshy said:

He says at the start of the video. He’s at the airport waiting to fly out to Qatar for the World Cup. Just time to make a quick £2k advertising a poxy mobile game and another £30 sucking off a pensioner in the disabled toilet.  

:sick:

On 12/12/2022 at 08:55, Gemmill said:

He's got no shame mind. The money he must still have and he'll do something like this. What a fucking loser. 

That and the boring little cunt probably loves it

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

I don't believe that a man so dull, he's only watched a handful of films in his life, will be a huge fan of a mobile phone game. 

He’s on a plane, studiously ignoring the film being played, can’t count his money in the air, no access to his “trophy room/wank bank” so he needs something to stop him from spiralling in to an unsalvageable state of extreme dullness. 

• Haha 2