Owen - If only the fans knew the facts!

KeithJ

Shepherd said: “When he started getting injuries there was a lot of noise then, that we had made a bad mistake.

“Hindsight is a great tool. Certainly with Owen it didn’t work out as it should have. Injuries are injuries and this can happens.

“Would I do it again? The answer is no. But, as I say, that’s with hindsight.”

Yeah, I was there too, ran from the half way line at kick off iirc.

I despise the little twat like.

I was there when he scored what sounds like a similar goal for lfc...part of a first half hatrick, left Dabizas looking like a twat, again...

• 6 months later...

How does anyone get to that age and have only seen 8 films ffs :lol: it's not like he's got his head in books all day either, wtf does he do on a night?

Watches clips of himself from his playing days for Liverpool and England, admires his sitting technique on Real Madrid's bench, fast forwards his NUFC spell and pretends he played a significant part in Man U's success.

So what makes a good day now?

Matchday’s still the highlight of the week. There’s still a buzz when you get to the stadium, and then just before the game, when you’re about to go to work.

That’s amazing. What do you listen to in the car on the way there?I don’t listen to anything. I don’t know why, but the car’s always been my own quiet space. When the kids are in the car they always want a song on, but I’m just happy with my thoughts.

What’s the last film you saw? It’s very boring, but I don’t watch films. I think I’ve seen about five in my life. I just can’t get into them. I do try – someone will say, ‘Watch this film, it’s great,’ and I’ll try but after half an hour, 40 minutes I can’t take it any longer.

So what were those five? They must have been absolutely terrible. Rocky, Jurassic Park, Cool Runnings, Ghost. Um, I can’t remember any more. [small Talk drums fingers on table encouragingly] Er … and Heat. I’ve seen Heat. I can’t think of any more.

But they’re all ancient! Someone might have made the perfect film in the last 20 years! Maybe. All the films I’ve seen were when I went training with clubs, when I was about 12 and my dad wanted me to visit Arsenal or [Manchester] United or whoever wanted to sign me at the time. A lot of the time you’d go and there would be 20 trialists, all staying together the night before, and instead of sitting all night in the hotel they’d take you to the cinema. And I’d go, ‘Oh no.’

Who would play you in a film of your life? What, an actor? I don’t know any actors.

I suppose you’ve got to pick one from those five films. It’s got to be Sylvester Stallone, because Patrick Swayze and John Candy are out. Tom Cruise is a good-looking fella, he’ll do.

So you don’t listen to music. You don’t watch films. What do you do with your spare time? I’ve not got a spare minute in the day. I have a management company, we look after quite a few young football players. Obviously there are my TV commitments. And then I’ve got sponsors, and then I’ve got a horse racing business, and then I’ve got a physiotherapy business, and then I’ve got four kids. I try to sit down to watch live sport and after that I don’t have time for anything else.

Imagine spending a weekend with him, stuck in a caravan somewhere..... :suicide:

Edited by Andrew

One thing that sticks out in my mind about him is something manc-mag said when Owen was here. It was along the lines of the contempt Owen had for the club and the fans was underlined by his making absolutely no effort to say anything nice about either despite his being very media savvy. Which is why I think Owen's quite a nasty little cunt as well as being boring as fuck.

On top of being a boring shit I hate him for another reason; Jack Whitehall thinks Michael Owen is a shit commentator, which means I agree with Jack Whitehall...

2gwb5th.jpg

A lot of the time you’d go and there would be 20 trialists, all staying together the night before, and instead of sitting all night in the hotel they’d take you to the cinema. And I’d go, ‘Oh no.’

Imagine spending a weekend with him, stuck in a caravan somewhere..... :suicide:

:lol: That bit just completely sums him up for me, this is a 14-16 year old lad on his way to being a football player on a trial and he wants everyone to just sit in their rooms and stare at the walls rather than do anything else. Scarily boring human being, the life of a Premiership player man and he would just prefer to sit in the house and watch football highlights. Playing alongside party animals like Fowler in all, they must have thought he was a right wank.

Makes sense that him and fellow bore Shearer are such good mates though. "Fancy coming round and watching come dine with me Alan?" "Nah Michael I've got to re-grout my bathroom tiles" "Sounds a right laugh can I come along and watch? I'll bring the fruit juice for the sugar rush" "belta"

Bz67suwIMAASHQE.png

This one is just incredible. I know I sound like a huckle, but in times gone by you've seen tears rolling down my cheeks watching some shows. Bubbled like a wrongun the first time I saw the Schindlers List show. Same when the big fella died in The Green Mile when he had been good as gold, but was murdered by the prison. Films can grip you even if you're thick as fuck, they're sometimes inspiring, and while most Danny Dyer films are faakin shit, Michael Owen's comments about shows is fucking weird but understandable in such a boring cunts existence.

I know I sound like a huckle, but in times gone by you've seen tears rolling down my cheeks watching some shows. Bubbled like a wrongun the first time I saw the Schindlers List show. Same when the big fella died in The Green Mile when he had been good as gold, but was murdered by the prison.

I didn't. Poof.