Should Freddie or Mike run the Toon?

Irrelevant Nick KP

Freddie Shepherd or Mike Ashley  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Shearer was sent off against Villa and suspended for one match, therefore Gullit failed to reinstate Shearer in the side for the derby match, rather than dropping him. If you want to play word games.

Rubbish. Shearer was on the bench against Sunderland (on Freddie's insistance). He even came on, you fool.

Gullit was angrier than I've ever heard him, after the sending off of Shearer. He was clearly trying to get on the right side of Shearer. He'd obviously learned that Shearer had loads of power (all thanks to Freddie). Under Mike Ashley, no one has that kind of influence, thank goodness.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shearer was sent off against Villa and suspended for one match, therefore Gullit failed to reinstate Shearer in the side for the derby match, rather than dropping him. If you want to play word games.

Rubbish. Shearer was on the bench against Sunderland (on Freddie's insistance). He even came on, you fool.

Gullit was angrier than I've ever heard him, after the sending off of Shearer. He was clearly trying to get on the right side of Shearer. He'd obviously learned that Shearer had loads of power (all thanks to Freddie). Under Mike Ashley, no one has that kind of influence, thank goodness.

Not even the manager :rip:

reported

...there is nothing, NOTHING like actually winning..

I agree with that, but just below that is trying to win.

Nick-K-P-Crisps do you think Mike Ashley is trying to win anything, ever? Generally in football this means getting some of the best players, and these cost money.

Your noble fiscal ideas may be laudable financially and ethically, but you would be condemning our team to maybe winning the odd relegation battle or lower division title. This is why your views are unwelcome, because deep down most of us, despite the decades of misery and being shat on, hope and want us to compete to win. You seem to think we should be happy with good finances and cheap players, this is not what football is about, is it? Freddie et al are the only people in our lifetimes who put us up there where we all, except seemingly you, want to be.

Having a pop at an ex chairman for signing some of the world's top players when we sit under this shower of shit beggars belief, can you see that, at all?

Edited by trophyshy

Not even the manager :rip:

;):icon_lol:;);)

trophyshy, I know I'm the only person who thinks this way, but...

I want to respect the club I support, and I cannot respect someone unless they do something clever. Winning trophies by spending more money than everyone else, isn't clever.

I want to outperform expenditures.

That's my opinion, other people can have their's. Just try not to be deafened by the cheers from Man U fans in your workplace, when they next win the league - did I say cheers? I meant politce, can't-be-arsed-shrugs.

Nick I understand your views, but to my mind it makes you NOT a Newcastle United supporter. And in any case if that is the type of team you want to support fuck knows why you picked Newcastle, hardly the most respectable club out there?

Why do you pretend to support our club? Or rather, what made you choose to follow this particular business model?

Edited by trophyshy

Nick I understand your views, but to my mind it makes you NOT a Newcastle United supporter. And in any case if that is the type of team you want to support fuck knows why you picked Newcastle, hardly the most respectable club out there?

Why do you pretend to support our club?

I started supporting them when I was 10, and I started supporting them because I was born in Newcastle. I didn't even know that money was so important.

A few years ago, I'd had my fill with listening to fans demand that chairmen spend spend spend.

I'd also noticed that Man U fans and Chelsea fans quickly grew immune to feelings of pleasure, after a few years of winning loads of leagues (the CL became their one real source of pleasure). I also noticed how happy Fulham fans and Burnley fans were when they did much better than expected.

That's when it dawned on me, what success really means. And it has nothing to do with buying trophies.

If you don't want to regard me as a Toon fan, then that's fine.

The fact that I was totally gutted, and still am, about losing out on that 9th place at the end of last season, is my reassurance that I'm a true fan - and that's more important than what other people think.

Basically, I'm too busy hoping we do well, to worry about my own standing among Toon fans.

I started supporting them when I was 10, and I started supporting them because I was born in Newcastle. I didn't even know that money was so important.

A few years ago, I'd had my fill with listening to fans demand that chairmen spend spend spend.

I'd also noticed that Man U fans and Chelsea fans quickly grew immune to feelings of pleasure, after a few years of winning loads of leagues (the CL became their one real source of pleasure). I also noticed how happy Fulham fans and Burnley fans were when they did much better than expected.

That's when it dawned on me, what success really means. And it has nothing to do with buying trophies.

The fact that I was totally gutted, and still am, about losing out on that 9th place at the end of last season, is my reassurance that I'm a true fan - and that's more important than what other people think.

Basically, I'm too busy hoping we do well, to worry about my own standing among Toon fans.

And, may I ask what year you were 10 years old, Nick?

It's absurd to suggest football matches that gave you great pleasure (not the cup finals but getting there) and the games in Milan, Rotterdam etc., etc. were meaningless because we never won anything.

I've never suggested that.

Read properly what people write.

My point is that no matter what the club achieves is not impressive if it's based on getting the club into debt.

Plus, Bellamy, one of the most important players in Bobby's team was sold against his will, simply to please Shearer.

Freddie was a disaster.

Ok, Ill type slowly so you understand.

Based in what you have been going on about I come to a couple of conclusions :

You've never been to a NUFC game

You've never watched them week in week out

You've never REALLY got swept up in what it is to support NUFC

You couldnt have watched Shearer each week to see what he contributed to the team on top of goals.

Shearer, the Premierships leading all time goal scorer and NUFC's leading goal scorer. You dont think we should have bothered.

Fucking hell, tell me this. Just what do YOU think our objective in football is?

Fucking hell, tell me this. Just what do YOU think our objective in football is?

Healthy bank balance, lets not go squandering it on players and the like, simply leave the money in there to collect interest. If it was upto Nick theyd play the game with accountants not players. 11 pen pushers to a team, first to consolidate the outgoings wins the match.

Thrilling stuff :rip:

Healthy bank balance, lets not go squandering it on players and the like, simply leave the money in there to collect interest. If it was upto Nick theyd play the game with accountants not players. 11 pen pushers to a team, first to consolidate the outgoings wins the match.

Thrilling stuff :rip:

TOON TOON!

Black and white balance sheet

TOON TOON!

Thrilling stuff ;)

TOON TOON!

TOON TOON!

:rip:

I want to be a Magpie Ranger

I want to be a Magpie Ranger

Only live for sex and danger

Only live for sex and danger

incomings go left go left

go left go left