Should Freddie or Mike run the Toon?

Irrelevant Nick KP

Freddie Shepherd or Mike Ashley  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long have these people been following football? Don't they remember how Ashley forced out our inspirational captain last week, withdrew a contract offer for our best player the week before, sold our top goalscorer and local number nine a few months before, sacked our popular manager a month before that, hired a club legend at an impossible time and hung him out to dry, forced another club legend out the door giving him no chance, doomed us to relegation with appalling mismanagement, trusted in the ideas of c*nts like Llambias and Dennis Wise. The list goes on. He's been a nightmare.

How long have these people been following football? Don't they remember how Ashley forced out our inspirational captain last week, withdrew a contract offer for our best player the week before, sold our top goalscorer and local number nine a few months before, sacked our popular manager a month before that, hired a club legend at an impossible time and hung him out to dry, forced another club legend out the door giving him no chance, doomed us to relegation with appalling mismanagement, trusted in the ideas of c*nts like Llambias and Dennis Wise. The list goes on. He's been a nightmare.

Forced out Nolan??? Don't talk nonsense. They couldn't agree terms, meaning Nolan wanted them to better West Ham's ridiclously high offer of 50,000 a week, and Newcastle said, sorry, forget it!

I can see why Mike is now not unpopular at all, when the Freddyites come out with bull like that.

Since when was refusing to pay someone 50,000 a week the same as forcing them out???

Forced out Nolan??? Don't talk nonsense. They couldn't agree terms, meaning Nolan wanted them to better West Ham's ridiclously high offer of 50,000 a week, and Newcastle said, sorry, forget it!

I can see why Mike is now not unpopular at all, when the Freddyites come out with bull like that.

Since when was refusing to pay someone 50,000 a week the same as forcing them out???

He wanted a longer contract, you Macam

I realise Freddy wasn't ideal, but I honestly cannot believe an accurate representation of Newcastle fans would prefer Mike Ashley...

Get with the times, Roger. At the moment, Mike is probably more popular than Freddie ever was.

aye, it was awful having sir bobby as manager and being the champions league, banana brain.

You going to address the other points, mate? Maybe even tell us what's been better under Ashley than under Shepherd?

neither owner is good but i do like the fact that ashley is spending wisely and not paying stupid prices and wages to keep our debts in control or even have no debts at all

• 1 month later...
Incidentally, has anyone apart from Mike Ashley's camp ever supported the claim that we were in such financial dire straits under Shepherd?

Yes.

Link?

or this bloke:

http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/

macbeth from Newcastle Online spouting the shit he always did. I told him hundreds of times too that it wasn't automatic that "anyone would do better than Fred".

The last few years have seen him predictably disappear with his head up his arse somewhere, possibly back in Dunfermline, where he spouts his shite from long distance.

Edited by LeazesMag

Anyone certainly COULD do better than Freddie. There is no doubt about that. Freddie was abysmal, and wasted loads of money on, among others, Michael Owen.

Thank goodness Freddie no longer has anything to do with Newcastle United. I still find it joyous to utter those words.

Anyone certainly COULD do better than Freddie. There is no doubt about that. Freddie was abysmal, and wasted loads of money on, among others, Michael Owen.

Thank goodness Freddie no longer has anything to do with Newcastle United. I still find it joyous to utter those words.

I tend to agree, the bit you've missed is that Freddy just wasn't and isn't rich enough to run the club.

I tend to agree, the bit you've missed is that Freddy just wasn't and isn't rich enough to run the club.

but an massively richer person now owns the club and after 4 years is nowhere near getting into europe yet ?

Keep them coming :rip: