What Ashley did FOR Hughton

Irrelevant Nick KP

Our relegation season (2008-09)

KEEGAN 3matches /4points // 1.33 points per match[/u]

KINNEAR 18 matches /20points / 1.11 points per match

SHEARER 8matches / 5points / 0.63points per match

HUGHTON 9matches / 5points / 0.56 points per match

So Hughton actually had the poorest record per match, although some would give him the away match at WBA (I wouldn't, as Kinnear was only taken ill just before the match).

My conclusion is this:

Hughton only had 9 matches, he was almost as good as Shearer, and he is still an excellent manager. But for all Ashley may have done wrong sacking him, Ashley showed loyalty to Hughton when he gave him another chance after the relegation season. Ashley's loyalty gave Hughton the chance to show himself as the excellent manager which I think he is. So Ashley shouldn't perhaps be seen as the pantomime villain of Hughton's life.

So Hughton actually had the poorest record per match, although some would give him the away match at WBA (I wouldn't, as Kinnear was only taken ill just before the match).

My conclusion is this:

Hughton only had 9 matches, he was almost as good as Shearer, and he is still an excellent manager. But for all Ashley may have done wrong sacking him, Ashley showed loyalty to Hughton when he gave him another chance after the relegation season. Ashley's loyalty gave Hughton the chance to show himself as the excellent manager which I think he is. So Ashley shouldn't perhaps be seen as the pantomime villain of Hughton's life.

He didnt 'show loyalty' to Hughton or 'give him another chance'. He simply left Hughton in charge to hold the fort while he was trying to sell the club, which is why he didnt appoint a manager. In the mean time Hughton started doing well and I suspect Ashley then had a re-think and realised he didnt need to sell as a return to the Premiership and Sky money looked a strong possiblity early on. He struck lucky that the temporary man in charge until he found a buyer actually turned out to be a good manager, nothing to do with judgement or loyalty.

My conclusion is this:

:)

Are you some kind of retard nick?

My conclusion is this:

He didnt 'show loyalty' to Hughton or 'give him another chance'. He simply left Hughton in charge to hold the fort while he was trying to sell the club, which is why he didnt appoint a manager. In the mean time Hughton started doing well and I suspect Ashley then had a re-think and realised he didnt need to sell as a return to the Premiership and Sky money looked a strong possiblity early on. He struck lucky that the temporary man in charge until he found a buyer actually turned out to be a good manager, nothing to do with judgement or loyalty.

Nail on the head.

My conclusion is this:

Nail on the head.

I agree it was nowt to do with loyalty or judgement, but it wasn't temporary while selling the club either. It was just the cheapest option. Shearer would have demanded much more. It's the same reason Hughton got sacked when we approached the end of his contract. The same reason Barton won't sign another contract, or Enrique. The same reason the escalators are turned off and sports direct are the only sponsor we have in the stadium. A cheap, tacky place, like his shops.