Joey Barton

Whitey

interesting read that link. thanks.

I didn’t know Dalglish was into the agent business.

yeh, adds a different slant to the Carroll transfer with those mysterious agent shenanigans.

Not that there is much evidence around what happened with Carroll and his / Liverpool's agents but interestingly Pardew did complain about agents during January (14th), which is probably forgotten.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ted/9361982.stm

you know what it is i wish liverpool would fuck off nicking our players they have enough players the greedy scouse pricks. if ashley sells him il fucking kill him

As noted I don't see Barton going to Liverpool. Everton would be an option for him but I don't think they would match his current wages. hopefully the club can get him signed up soon for another couple of years.

I think it's canny daft to think that he wouldn't go to Liverpool if given the chance. He'd be away in a shot imo.

Let's hope it's all agent cobblers anyway, cos it's not easy finding midfielders of his quality for the sort of bargain basement money we're interested in paying.

• 8 years later...
19 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

probably take him as manager ahead of hughes. would be funny to see him try and lamp opposing managers at least

I’d take him ahead of Bruce 

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol:

Hughes, Bruce, Pardew, Moyes, Pulis or Allardyce?  

I doubt we were looking elsewhere. Where does he sit in the canon of dinosaur PL managers?

You missed Maclaren. We've nearly had the fucking lot

:lol: We even had the prior fucking generations dinosaur Joe Kinnear. 

Bruce is definitely among the bottom of that lot, I think I saw a stat somewhere that he has the worst or 2nd worst record of PL managers with 200+ games.

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: We even had the prior fucking generations dinosaur Joe Kinnear. 

Bruce is definitely among the bottom of that lot, I think I saw a stat somewhere that he has the worst or 2nd worst record of PL managers with 200+ games.

Only Captain Lager himself, Bryan Robson has a worse record apparently

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...

Joey Barton’s wife Georgia also had her say, leaving many fans baffled. She wrote: “Whilst I wouldn’t normally comment on private matters, before the rumour mill goes into overdrive I’d like to make it clear there is absolutely no accusation by myself or anyone else that Joe has been violent or physical towards me. We consider this a private matter and will be making no further comment.”

• 2 years later...
On 30/10/2023 at 00:47, ohhh_yeah said:

Sacked.   :lol:

Mowbray is in trouble. I'd love to see the fewm if he got that gig only to sink them back to league one :lol:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...