Andy Carroll....Local Hero! O̶r̶ ̶J̶u̶d̶a̶s̶?

Christmas Tree

Carroll  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know the real history about his departed.

In Spain there was an interview with him one month  after leaving and he sais he didn't want to go Liverpool. "I didn't want to leave Newcastle at all, I'm destroyed. I was pushed by the leaders and I had no choice". He says he went to get a new contract extension and Llambias pushed to do a Transfer Request because the club wants the money.

Edited by Diego21

1 hour ago, Ugly Mackems said:

If he signs he'll score more than Rondons 10. No loss if it's pay as you play. 

Given you didn’t rate Benitez, your opinion carries a lot of weight 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Given our current situation, I suppose it kind of makes sense, no fee, modest wages for an experienced Premier League striker.

There's no way it should have happened though, if we'd kept Benitez the window would have looked very different imo.

6 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Say what you want about his fitness record or the fact both his exit and return are down to the horrendous problems caused by our current owner, but personally I love that and would love it if he can get back on the pitch and contribute.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

He's a right handful on his day no doubt. 

I've no doubt whatsoever that if he can get and stay fit he'll do well.  But that's a massive if with him, he's only managed over 20 league games in 3 or 4 seasons in his career.  But if Joelinton get's injured there's now at least a possibility we have another striker who's of premier league standard to cover.

If he can steer clear of injuries, and that's a BIG if,  he could prove to be a good squad player if not a starter, coming on if Joelie gets hurt. tires, or is not being effective.

Andy's a freebie, and  if he's on pay as you play, reduced wages, then he's a good bet.

Ashley is paying his wages so I couldn't give a fuck what he's getting paid. It's probably good it's incentivised so he can push for fitness. Certainly not had any luck with injury but we've had bigger wastes of money here. I'd have preferred a midfielder, Drinkwater on loan would have been ideal but if he gets fit then he might be a good addition 

3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Ashley is paying his wages so I couldn't give a fuck what he's getting paid. It's probably good it's incentivised so he can push for fitness. Certainly not had any luck with injury but we've had bigger wastes of money here. I'd have preferred a midfielder, Drinkwater on loan would have been ideal but if he gets fit then he might be a good addition 

Everyone seems to be focusing on his contract/wages when assessing risk. The fact that with the current crop of strikers that we might need him to produce is as risky as it gets.

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Everyone seems to be focusing on his contract/wages when assessing risk. The fact that with the current crop of strikers that we might need him to produce is as risky as it gets.

For someone who is aiming to project that they don't give a fuck you are far too overdramatic to be taken seriously. Ease off the drama mate, your act will gain more respect.

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

Say what you want about his fitness record or the fact both his exit and return are down to the horrendous problems caused by our current owner, but personally I love that and would love it if he can get back on the pitch and contribute.

It’s geet canny like. Am ganna dedicate me next ham n pease puddin stottie ter im the morn :razz: 

• Haha 1