Andy Carroll....Local Hero! O̶r̶ ̶J̶u̶d̶a̶s̶?

Christmas Tree

Carroll  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Your Name Here
When he plays against us, will he get a hero's welcome or be treated like Judas, by the masses.

AC is a young professional footballer who did what any sane human being would have done in his position, so he’ll probably get booed by our increasingly narcissistic away support.

Not got an opinion on the matter of your own, CT?

No-one knows who exactly forced our hand with his transfer. I can't see how he's betrayed us. It's not like he's gone to Sunderland.

The question was how you feel he will be treated by the masses.

My own opinion is Im unsure.

When he plays against us, will he get a hero's welcome or be treated like Judas, by the masses.

AC is a young professional footballer who did what any sane human being would have done in his position, so he’ll probably get booed by our increasingly narcissistic away support.

I like Andy Carroll. He played fantastic football for us, helped us up the league and ended up bringing us an astronomical amount of money. No one could possibly say that he hasn't done an incredible amount for Newcastle.

But I don't see why you have to be insane to say 'no, 20,000 a week will be enough for me. I don't need more money, if it means leaving Newcastle.'

I like Andy Carroll. He played fantastic football for us, helped us up the league and ended up bringing us an astronomical amount of money. No one could possibly say that he hasn't done an incredible amount for Newcastle.

But I don't see why you have to be insane to say 'no, 20,000 a week will be enough for me. I don't need more money, if it means leaving Newcastle.'

So do you leave your wife for a younger fitter model?

TBH, I have no problem with footballers moving on, but when your a local lad, raised through the ranks and pledge your arse to the cause, 2 months earlier.......I think you must be a bit of twat to up sticks on the last day of the transfer window.

And yes I appreciate the club might have wanted the money, but he or his agent, could have easily said no thanks and that would have been that.

That depends entirely on how he acts , if he scores against us.

I reckon if he's getting a bad reception, then he'll act like a tit when he scores.

depends if he becomes a fake badge kisser or if he doesn't celebrate if/when he scores in my opnion. Will still get shit from a lot of the crowd though I suspect.

Narcissism is the personality trait of egotism, vanity, conceit, or simple selfishness. Applied to a social group, it is sometimes used to denote elitism or an indifference to the plight of others.

:lol:

Carroll will get booed because thats what your average football supporter does, rightly or wrongly. To me thats down to us being a bit fickle, not having a sort of collective borderline personality disorder ;)

Mind "your support is fuckin shit" and "empty seats" are fuckin irritating :D

I didn't know we were talking about him getting booed. Of course he'll get booed. Who cares?

I thought we were talking about whether he was a Judas.

And my opinion is no he isn't. He's done a lot for Newcastle United, including earn us a cool 35 million.

But I also take exception to the idea that only an insane person would have been satisfied with 20,000 a week, even if more was on offer, elsewhere.

I didn't know we were talking about him getting booed. Of course he'll get booed. Who cares?

And my opinion is no he isn't. He's done a lot for Newcastle United, including earn us a cool 35 million.

But I also take exception to the idea that only an insane person would have been satisfied with 20,000 a week, even if more was on offer, elsewhere.

I predict a.....

downs%20ninja%20turtle.jpg

....Mong fight in this thread

And my opinion is no he isn't. He's done a lot for Newcastle United, including earn us making Mikey a cool 35 million.

FYP

"the masses" = brainwashed small minded fuckers who stupidly expect a top footballer to play for a club going nowhere.

You sound like a throwback to 1986,87,88......wait, thats exactly what it is.

Guest Your Name Here

Narcissism is the personality trait of egotism, vanity, conceit, or simple selfishness. Applied to a social group, it is sometimes used to denote elitism or an indifference to the plight of others.

Carroll will get booed because thats what your average football supporter does, rightly or wrongly. To me thats down to us being a bit fickle, not having a sort of collective borderline personality disorder :D

Mind "your support is fuckin shit" and "empty seats" are fuckin irritating <_<

I didn’t realise this was an English exam. ;) I was going to use the word chavtastic but it wouldn’t be fair on the majority of away supporters who do the club proud.

Football supporters have changed a lot since Sky got involved and there’s a tendency amongst some supporters to behave in the self obsessed and simplistically hysterical fashion Sky does. It’s like their relationship with the game has been shaped by the media’s lunacy. In some ways the away support has been affected less and has stuck to the ‘I’m here to support the team’ philosophy, but at the same time it also seems to attract a larger proportion of the ‘look at me in my day-glo leotard Mr Cameraman’ types who I suspect are more likely to see Carroll as a Judas. I can’t see the more pragmatic element of our support cheering him onto the pitch, which will leave the airwaves free for the booers to have their say.

All I care about is how he reacts if he scores, if he plays.