Andy Carroll....Local Hero! O̶r̶ ̶J̶u̶d̶a̶s̶?

Christmas Tree

Carroll  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When he plays against us, will he get a hero's welcome or be treated like Judas, by the masses.

AC is a young professional footballer who did what any sane human being would have done in his position, so he’ll probably get booed by our increasingly narcissistic away support.

I like Andy Carroll. He played fantastic football for us, helped us up the league and ended up bringing us an astronomical amount of money. No one could possibly say that he hasn't done an incredible amount for Newcastle.

But I don't see why you have to be insane to say 'no, 20,000 a week will be enough for me. I don't need more money, if it means leaving Newcastle.'

jonesy.gif

When he plays against us, will he get a hero's welcome or be treated like Judas, by the masses.

AC is a young professional footballer who did what any sane human being would have done in his position, so he’ll probably get booed by our increasingly narcissistic away support.

Narcissism is the personality trait of egotism, vanity, conceit, or simple selfishness. Applied to a social group, it is sometimes used to denote elitism or an indifference to the plight of others.

:lol:

Carroll will get booed because thats what your average football supporter does, rightly or wrongly. To me thats down to us being a bit fickle, not having a sort of collective borderline personality disorder ;)

I'm not sure about that, I think it will be a result of the, in this case, "average NUFC football supporter" being brainwashed, stupid, and accepting the lower standards that are now being implemented at the football club.

Supporters of other supposedly big clubs ie Liverpool, Spurs etc wouldn't stand for 2nd rate players and 2nd rate expectations, like Spurs when they had Alan Sugar running their club "as a business" [while they were nowhere near us]so why should we ? Do NUFC fans, generally, have an inferiority complex ? We matched and got above these teams before, so why are they meekly accepting that we are inferior to the top clubs again ?

No player wants to spend his career at a club that is going nowhere. It's actually a big plus to the player, not the other way round or showing a "lack of loyalty".

Edited by LeazesMag

"the masses" = brainwashed small minded fuckers who stupidly expect a top footballer to play for a club going nowhere.

You sound like a throwback to 1986,87,88......wait, thats exactly what it is.

bloody hell, a post from you i actually agree with

"the masses" = brainwashed small minded fuckers who stupidly expect a top footballer to play for a club going nowhere.

who are you ?

I take it by that comment you are one of those tosspots who blame Shepherd when it rains outside ?

If not, what do you mean ?

who are you ?

I take it by that comment you are one of those tosspots who blame Shepherd when it rains outside ?

He's just another one who wishes you didn't have to mention Freddy Fucking Shepherd in every thread.

who are you ?

He's just another one who wishes you didn't have to mention Freddy Fucking Shepherd in every thread.

I don't, and in this case its a logical assumption. See the arsehole who mentioned him and Dietmar Hamman too, when I didn't.

Edited by LeazesMag

I don't, and in this case its a logical assumption. See the arsehole who mentioned him and Dietmar Hamman too, when I didn't.

You rarely post on skunkers now because your relentless pro Shepherd/anti Ashley posts were so boring that everyone on there put you on ignore.

Are you trying to achieve the same here?

Is anyone else sick to the back teeth of fucking Andy Carroll chat?

I was gutted we lost him but that was fucking months ago, every time you read a news story linking us with a player you can guarantee that there will be a line along the lines of "Newcastle, have a large transfer kitty because of the sale of Andy Carroll"

He's not blameless in what happened if you ask me but that aside I couldn't give a fuck about him now, It's about time other NUFC fans followed suit! He's gone, forget about it and move on ffs.

You rarely post on skunkers now because your relentless pro Shepherd/anti Ashley posts were so boring that everyone on there put you on ignore.

I never posted much on skunkers to start with. The relentless crap spouted on about "trophy signings" [hope you are happy with the quality of our current strikers instead] and how embarrassing it was to be one of the top clubs in the country, and how anybody but Fred would do better, bored the fuck out of me. I hope all the pricks who wanted all of that are happy.

And I didn't mention Shepherd when you mentioned Hamman. I made a comment about Liverpool buying our best players and giving us their shite in exchange ? Do you not agree with that ? Did I mention Shepherd, it was nothing to do with Shepherd you halfwit. If you associate buying good players with the Halls and Shepherd and buying 2nd rate players with Mike Ashley, then its your assumption, so what are you arguing about ? Why don't you do a bit of research into why Hamman was sold, in case you're so stupid and clueless you don't know ? Then when you have done that, examine your comment that Shepherd sold him when he never owned the club. Then when you have done that, look at the league positions we achieved and the champions League qualifications achieved after Hamman was sold before asking such a fucking stupid question..

Sadly, there are plenty of arseholes like you still around, on all the message boards including skunkers, and in real life.

Make a sensible and correct statement if you want to debate anything with me, or don't bother.

Edited by LeazesMag

I never posted much on skunkers to start with. The relentless crap spouted on about "trophy signings" [hope you are happy with the quality of our current strikers instead] and how embarrassing it was to be one of the top clubs in the country, and how anybody but Fred would do better, bored the fuck out of me. I hope all the pricks who wanted all of that are happy.

And I didn't mention Shepherd when you mentioned Hamman. I made a comment about Liverpool buying our best players and giving us their shite in exchange ? Do you not agree with that ? Did I mention Shepherd, it was nothing to do with Shepherd you halfwit. Why don't you do a bit of research into why Hamman was sold, in case you're so stupid and clueless you don't know ? Then when you have done that, examine your comment that Shepherd sold him when he never owned the club. Then when you have done that, look at the league positions we achieved and the champions League qualifications achieved after Hamman was sold before asking such a fucking stupid question..

Sadly, there are plenty of arseholes like you still around, on all the message boards including skunkers, and in real life.

Make a sensible and correct statement if you want to debate anything with me, or don't bother.

Hamman was sold because he took the huff with Gullit - though of course according to you we shouldn't have sold him to a so called rival when there isn't a player on the planet who wouldn't see Liverpool as a step up from Newcastle at any time in the past, now or in the future..

So why does Shepherd still refer to all the decisions like appointing managers and signing Owen etc in the first person?

He was responsible for day to day decisions and even if he did get Hall junior involved that's no "excuse".

Why don't you answer a question from Skunkers - why do you refer to Liverpool as a team we shouldn't be below when we only finished above them once in ten years when Shepherd was chairman?

And I didn't mention Shepherd when you mentioned Hamman. I made a comment about Liverpool buying our best players and giving us their shite in exchange ? Do you not agree with that ? Did I mention Shepherd, it was nothing to do with Shepherd you halfwit. Why don't you do a bit of research into why Hamman was sold, in case you're so stupid and clueless you don't know ? Then when you have done that, examine your comment that Shepherd sold him when he never owned the club. Then when you have done that, look at the league positions we achieved and the champions League qualifications achieved after Hamman was sold before asking such a fucking stupid question..

Hamman was sold because he took the huff with Gullit - though of course according to you we shouldn't have sold him to a so called rival when there isn't a player on the planet who wouldn't see Liverpool as a step up from Newcastle at any time in the past, now or in the future..

So why does Shepherd still refer to all the decisions like appointing managers and signing Owen etc in the first person?

He was responsible for day to day decisions and even if he did get Hall junior involved that's no "excuse".

Why don't you answer a question from Skunkers - why do you refer to Liverpool as a team we shouldn't be below when we only finished above them once in ten years when Shepherd was chairman?

Hamman was sold because he took the huff with Gullit. Correct. I hope the halfwit is reading this, what the fuck does that have to do with Shepherd or the Halls and Shepherd ? Shearer and Rob Lee would also have left if Gullit had stayed, what is the point of saying things like this other than being a prick who blames Shepherd when it rains. Incredible.

I don't know why Shepherd says what he says, ask him you idiot. He said in the talksport radio interview the other day

that the board and the PLC made decisions but accepted that as chairman he carries them out and is the spokesman, which is how it works. Are you so stupid you don't understand this ? The Halls and Shepherd backed their managers, all of them. I am still waiting for Mike Ashley to do the same and equal them, are you, or have I blinked and missed it.

Nobody on skunkers answers my questions correctly either, because they have their heads up their arse. I said over 3 years ago that Mike Ashley was taking this club backwards into a selling club and lowering standards to where we would never match the league positions and european qualifications of before, or bring the calibre of player to the club that also came before, as the two things go together. I've disagreed with loads of people and on skunkers particularly with some posters who have even stopped going to games now the attraction has gone that the Halls and Shepherd brought to the club, such is their hypocrisy and stupidity. So, after 4 years since Mike Ashley bought the club, after 4 years of his "plan", who is right and where is this club going ?

He's neither, just a young lad who seized an excellent opportunity, good luck to him.

exactly, but we should have been able to keep him here.

C'mon, 35 million, even your beau said it was the right thing to do!

He's neither, just a young lad who seized an excellent opportunity, good luck to him.

Hamman was sold because he took the huff with Gullit. Correct. I hope the halfwit is reading this, what the fuck does that have to do with Shepherd or the Halls and Shepherd ? Shearer and Rob Lee would also have left if Gullit had stayed, what is the point of saying things like this other than being a prick who blames Shepherd when it rains. Incredible.

Your view of Carroll's transfer was that we shouldn't have sold him to Liverpool because you see them as a team we should be competing against - surely the same applied to the sale of Hamman?

I don't know why Shepherd says what he says, ask him you idiot. He said in the talksport radio interview the other day

that the board and the PLC made decisions but accepted that as chairman he carries them out and is the spokesman, which is how it works. Are you so stupid you don't understand this ? The Halls and Shepherd backed their managers, all of them. I am still waiting for Mike Ashley to do the same and equal them, are you, or have I blinked and missed it.

The board/PLC thing is a load of shit - its obvious all major decisions such as managers and transfers were taken by Shepherd with reference to Douglas Hall - if you think Shepherd was contacting non-entities who only exist because for accounting reasons before sacking/appointing managers or deciding on who to sell players than you're even blinder than I thought.

Nobody on skunkers answers my questions correctly either, because they have their heads up their arse. I said over 3 years ago that Mike Ashley was taking this club backwards into a selling club and lowering standards to where we would never match the league positions and european qualifications of before, or bring the calibre of player to the club that also came before, as the two things go together. I've disagreed with loads of people and on skunkers particularly with some posters who have even stopped going to games now the attraction has gone that the Halls and Shepherd brought to the club, such is their hypocrisy and stupidity. So, after 4 years since Mike Ashley bought the club, after 4 years of his "plan", who is right and where is this club going ?

The club is going in exactly the same direction it was when Ashley bought it - even the Halls didn't believe your "re-grouping" nonsense and sold out to a scumbag as quickly as they could.

Any answer on the Liverpool position thing?

no. It is up to the manager. Keegan said he would have let him go, so if it were me, I'd have backed my manager. But the bigger picture is that he would also have been given ALL the money, I would not have deliberately left it too late to the end of the window, and I would not have created the sort of club in the first place where he saw his home town club as a stepping stone other than to the obvious great clubs such as Barcelona, Real Madrid, ManU etc. You can't put Liverpool in that bracket, we should be aspiring to get above teams like that, and Spurs.

I think we all know the manager will not be given anywhere near the money received for Carroll, he will paper over a few cracks of a thin squad with some 2nd rate players, which is pointless.

Your view of Carroll's transfer was that we shouldn't have sold him to Liverpool because you see them as a team we should be competing against - surely the same applied to the sale of Hamman?

The board/PLC thing is a load of shit - its obvious all major decisions such as managers and transfers were taken by Shepherd with reference to Douglas Hall - if you think Shepherd was contacting non-entities who only exist because for accounting reasons before sacking/appointing managers or deciding on who to sell players than you're even blinder than I thought.

The club is going in exactly the same direction it was when Ashley bought it - even the Halls didn't believe your "re-grouping" nonsense and sold out to a scumbag as quickly as they could.

any answer on the champions league and european qualifications thing ?

Easy - we used a great time for the club with a great pair of managers to punch above our weight for a few years.

That CANNOT happen in the present economic climate without Man City like money which isn't going to happen so unless he sells or wakes up and decides to spend his money we might be extremely lucky and scrape a 7th in the the next few years and make it - exactly as would have happened under Shepherds latter tenure.

Any clarification needed?

Easy - we used a great time for the club with a great pair of managers to punch above our weight for a few years.

That CANNOT happen in the present economic climate without Man City like money which isn't going to happen so unless he sells or wakes up and decides to spend his money we might be extremely lucky and scrape a 7th in the the next few years and make it - exactly as would have happened under Shepherds latter tenure.

Any clarification needed?

punch above our weight ? Give over. That says everything about you, and the wankers on skunkers that say the same, which you are repeating.

That is the WHOLE problem with you and the others. You have an inferiority complex and accept lower standards and expectations than you should.

In fact, you are so mixed up, if anything, all those champions league and european qualifications should make you more appreciative of the people who delivered it, as you think it is "punching above our weight".

What an absolute heap of drivel you all spout.

The fact is - you are only confirming how clueless you are and how your personality issues overrule any logical judgement, when you say we "scraped" 7th. The point is we WERE 7th, the same as we WERE NOT relegated and the same as we DID NOT go into administration, as much as you would like to fantasize we did. Only since the club was sold to your man, have we been relegated and the seeds of real decline have been sown ie the fall in revenues against our competitors in the rich list, the selling of our best players, and the acceptance of you all that this is in fact "our weight".

Punch above our weight? Are you some sort of Fucking Mug or what. Finishing in the Top 6 showed that we were not punching above our weight , Jesus. Whilst I will admit that FFS was a bit of a twat dont be so dense as to try to belittle what we actually achieved when he was in charge.

The only way we will get into Europe with FCB in charge will be if another war breaks out.

Edited by Ollie Burtons Grandad

punch above our weight ? Give over. That says everything about you, and the wankers on skunkers that say the same, which you are repeating.

That is the WHOLE problem with you and the others. You have an inferiority complex and accept lower standards and expectations than you should.

In fact, you are so mixed up, if anything, all those champions league and european qualifications should make you more appreciative of the people who delivered it, as you think it is "punching above our weight".

Teams with higher all time averages than NUFC: Man Utd, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Teams who have won more trophies than NUFC: Man Utd, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and Villa

Do you think 5 or 6 years of Sky based turnover figures when some clubs who would get bigger crowds if they weren't limited by their grounds somehow overwrites 130 years of Football history?

What basis do you have for thinking we should be competing with those clubs? Some opinion that Liverpool's crowds are shite when they drop so somehow that makes us bigger?

The ironic thing is you spout off about Sky era fans but its you who embodies the cliched Geordie who thinks we're a big club who win things.

Under Shepherd we did nearly get relegated, did finish 13th a couple of times and 11th a couple of times - we followed what was a microcosm for the clubs whole history - overall failure with brief moments of glory - its the delusion that you think we now have the "right" to expect success as the norm that is truly laughable.

The seeds of the decline we see now were sown by the Halls and Shepherd - the fact that you can't see that economic times were changing and have changed when the men involved did themselves and got out before the real shit hit the fan just shows you up for their sap.