Andy Carroll....Local Hero! O̶r̶ ̶J̶u̶d̶a̶s̶?

Christmas Tree

Carroll  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is it fuck you useless mackem cunt. Absolutely no chance any genuine Newcastle fan would describe Keegan and SBR as failures.

Boldon mug.

while respecting the views of others, before they get their knickers in a twist [fao Renton, Gloomy, NJS etc or anybody else who is allowing personalities to get between themselves and obvious logic] that is as straightforward, and spot on as you will find. Why fuck about ? Tell it like it is.

Keegan, particularly, is a genuine NUFC hero and will stand the test of time, long after Mike Ashley will go down in history as nothing but a bad smell and those who are even attempting to make excuses for him dragging the club downwards like he is doing will also be shown up to be the tossers that they are, although they will probably disappear and come back under different usernames.

Edited by LeazesMag

Is it fuck you useless mackem cunt. Absolutely no chance any genuine Newcastle fan would describe Keegan and SBR as failures.

Boldon mug.

while respecting the views of others, before they get their knickers in a twist [fao Renton, Gloomy, NJS etc or anybody else who is allowing personalities to get between themselves and obvious logic] that is as straightforward, and spot on as you will find. Why fuck about ? Tell it like it is.

Aligning an ad hominem argument with logical argument. It doesn't get any better than this.

Boldon mug.

Well that was a well thought out argument and post :(

Boldon mug.

Keegan, particularly, is a genuine NUFC hero and will stand the test of time, long after Mike Ashley will go down in history as nothing but a bad smell and those who are even attempting to make excuses for him dragging the club downwards like he is doing will also be shown up to be the tossers that they are, although they will probably disappear and come back under different usernames.

It's about prespective - given our history since the 50s then both were huge sucesses and will be seen as such by all Newcastle fans but the lad was making the point that from an outside perspective they weren't successful. It may grate when Man Utd or Liverpool fans take the piss out of Keegan/Shearer/NUFC for the lack of trophies but from their pov they are within their rights to do so - as I said the view that we went shit or bust, threatened them for a while then fucked off is perfectly valid for them. Of course if its Mackems or any other fuckers like Villa trying to tke the piss then they should be shot.

Guest alex

Boldon mug.

Spot on though.

Boldon mug.

Spot on though.

Not at all, I refer you to NJS' post above

Guest alex

Boldon mug.

Spot on though.

All about opinions tbh.

Boldon mug.

It's about prespective - given our history since the 50s then both were huge sucesses and will be seen as such by all Newcastle fans but the lad was making the point that from an outside perspective they weren't successful. It may grate when Man Utd or Liverpool fans take the piss out of Keegan/Shearer/NUFC for the lack of trophies but from their pov they are within their rights to do so - as I said the view that we went shit or bust, threatened them for a while then fucked off is perfectly valid for them. Of course if its Mackems or any other fuckers like Villa trying to tke the piss then they should be shot.

and what do they think now ? We don't threaten them anymore ? In actual fact, most of the fans of other clubs I have met, all said during the times of Shearer/Keegan etc that NUFC are a club that should always be at that sort of level.

Don't suppose you will accept that though, and harp on about Ashley being good for the club again despite taking it into decline.

Boldon mug.

Spot on though.

All about opinions tbh.

and spot on. Sometimes a few words suffice.

All about opinions tbh.

And Toontastic wouldn't be bored to death if you actually stuck to that philosophy.

are you saying that you have nothing to say ?

All about opinions tbh.

And Toontastic wouldn't be bored to death if you actually stuck to that philosophy.

are you saying that you have nothing to say ?

Read the thread.

Boldon mug.

and what do they think now ? We don't threaten them anymore ? In actual fact, most of the fans of other clubs I have met, all said during the times of Shearer/Keegan etc that NUFC are a club that should always be at that sort of level.

Don't suppose you will accept that though, and harp on about Ashley being good for the club again despite taking it into decline.

I'd imagine that Man U fans are quite realistic and realise their only realistic rivals are Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and probably Liverpool.

I do agree we did threaten them and a lot of them enjoyed that threat as far as it went as despite the hatred they do have a lot of "decent" football fans who recognise what NUFC are all about and thought we deserved to be at that level.

Now they realise what I keep trying to say to you - unless Ashley or someone else decides to spend big then we won't threaten them again - I've never disputed that and I'm sure among your posts youu realise that as well. The best we can hope far is to be at the top of the next "tier" but what you can't accept is that the other clubs at that level are "shit" ones.

Your usual accusation about me supporting Ashley is of course wrong but then I expect nothing else.

Boldon mug.

I'd imagine that Man U fans are quite realistic and realise their only realistic rivals are Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and probably Liverpool.

I do agree we did threaten them and a lot of them enjoyed that threat as far as it went as despite the hatred they do have a lot of "decent" football fans who recognise what NUFC are all about and thought we deserved to be at that level.

Now they realise what I keep trying to say to you - unless Ashley or someone else decides to spend big then we won't threaten them again - I've never disputed that and I'm sure among your posts youu realise that as well. The best we can hope far is to be at the top of the next "tier" but what you can't accept is that the other clubs at that level are "shit" ones.

Your usual accusation about me supporting Ashley is of course wrong but then I expect nothing else.

the point is not about "Ashley" spending big to challenge ManCity and Chelsea, the point is he is running us down to the levels of Bolton, Blackburn etc so we aren't even attempting to challenge clubs like Liverpool and Spurs ? Which you and others, on here and on skunkers, are meekly accepting, this is decline.

Now you are going to tell me I've been making that up too, are you ?

the point is not about "Ashley" spending big to challenge ManCity and Chelsea, the point is he is running us down to the levels of Bolton, Blackburn etc so we aren't even attempting to challenge clubs like Liverpool and Spurs ? Which you and others, on here and on skunkers, are meekly accepting, this is decline.

I soooo want to reply to that.

But I won't :(;)

Man Utd - no chance

Man City - no chance

Arsenal - no chance

Chelsea - no chance

Liverpool - as I've said used generated funds to buy new players and as the Livepool fan said will probably spend a fair bit in the summer. they are a long way ahead of us.

Spurs - used transfer profits over the last 4 years to build a squad which is a lot better than us

The latter two is a level I'd like to aim for and I accept your argument that there's nothing wrong with that but they are streets ahead of us - that's simple realism without millions being spent which is what I keep saying.

So where does that leave us? - you keep mentioning Blackburn but I'd say its more Villa, Everton, the Mackems and "functional" teams like Stoke. That is the next tier and thinking that we can compete above that is unrealistic - again as I keep saying "accepting" that Ashley won't invest.

The funny thing is if a new owner did come in and try and do the same turnover expansion as the previous regime using revenue and loans only, you're probably talking a maximum spend of £50m - do you think that would give us a better squad than Spurs or Liverpool?

Man Utd - no chance

Man City - no chance

Arsenal - no chance

Chelsea - no chance

Liverpool - as I've said used generated funds to buy new players and as the Livepool fan said will probably spend a fair bit in the summer. they are a long way ahead of us.

Spurs - used transfer profits over the last 4 years to build a squad which is a lot better than us

The latter two is a level I'd like to aim for and I accept your argument that there's nothing wrong with that but they are streets ahead of us - that's simple realism without millions being spent which is what I keep saying.

So where does that leave us? - you keep mentioning Blackburn but I'd say its more Villa, Everton, the Mackems and "functional" teams like Stoke. That is the next tier and thinking that we can compete above that is unrealistic - again as I keep saying "accepting" that Ashley won't invest.

The funny thing is if a new owner did come in and try and do the same turnover expansion as the previous regime using revenue and loans only, you're probably talking a maximum spend of £50m - do you think that would give us a better squad than Spurs or Liverpool?

you've just said how Spurs and Liverpool are aiming higher than we are, now. I like how you concede inferiority to Arsenal, where exactly do you think they will go when Wenger goes and if they don't make a similar calibre appointment ?

Nothing is permanent, that is a fundamental you and others appear to fail to grasp. We have one of the biggest clubs and fanbases in the country, there is simply no excuse for any owner not attempting to capitalise on it.

Man Utd - no chance

Man City - no chance

Arsenal - no chance

Chelsea - no chance

you've just said how Spurs and Liverpool are aiming higher than we are, now. I like how you concede inferiority to Arsenal, where exactly do you think they will go when Wenger goes and if they don't make a similar calibre appointment ?

Nothing is permanent, that is a fundamental you and others appear to fail to grasp. We have one of the biggest clubs and fanbases in the country, there is simply no excuse for any owner not attempting to capitalise on it.

They are aiming higher because obviously they have better owners - what I'm saying is that they have funded most of their recent squad building by either transfer profits or debt in Liverpools case which has then been written off. At the end of the day they still have lot better squads than us which is why its unrealistic to expect competition in the immediate future.

Arsenal will have to be judged when the new owner shows his hand - they may have a lot of money to spend to go with a much better academy than us at the moment.

If you want to predict how things will be in 5 or 10 years time then good luck - obviously we agree we should be going all out but I think its going to be difficult given the present situation. As I've said before I've never been able to figure Ashley out and to a large extent I don't think he know what he wants either. We are of course the victims of that but I don't see the point of railing against it until things become clearer.

Man Utd - no chance

Man City - no chance

Arsenal - no chance

Chelsea - no chance

They are aiming higher because obviously they have better owners -

you got there in the end. And - we aimed higher with previous owners, and similar heights as Liverpool etc because ?

you got there in the end. And - we aimed higher with previous owners, and similar heights as Liverpool etc because ?

The owners took advantage of good timing within football and a good manager.

I remember KK saying when we got promoted and he told Hall he was aiming to win the league, Hall didn't believe him as they'd never envisaged that - it was KK who drove the initial ambition. I actually agree with whoever it was who said going PLC and John Hall taking a back seat is what really ended the momentum - after that it was all money we didn't have being spent and increasing desperation which is why its Shepherd I criticise more than John Hall.

Their model wouldn't work now as they never injected capital themselves - that's what I keep trying to argue is why its no good holding their ways up as relevant for the situation now - in the current times we unfortunately need Ashley's pockets as is true for almost all the clubs in the country.

I remember KK saying when we got promoted and he told Hall he was aiming to win the league, Hall didn't believe him as they'd never envisaged that - it was KK who drove the initial ambition. I actually agree with whoever it was who said going PLC and John Hall taking a back seat is what really ended the momentum - after that it was all money we didn't have being spent and increasing desperation which is why its Shepherd I criticise more than John Hall.

Their model wouldn't work now as they never injected capital themselves - that's what I keep trying to argue is why its no good holding their ways up as relevant for the situation now - in the current times we unfortunately need Ashley's pockets as is true for almost all the clubs in the country.

it doesn't matter man, they weren't "lucky" to get Bobby Robson etc, he was a good appointment and Keegan was an inspired appointment, Dalglish and Gullit despite not doing so well as hoped were at the time, top appointments, you can only beat your competitors at the time.

We need owners who set these standards all the time, give credit where its due FFS.

We don't need Ashleys pockets to set our aims higher than the likes of Bolton, Blackburn and attempt to compete with clubs like Spurs and Liverpool

Edited by LeazesMag

We need owners who set these standards all the time, give credit where its due FFS.

I agree - unfortunately they sold to someone who didn't.

We don't need Ashleys pockets to set our aims higher than the likes of Bolton, Blackburn and attempt to compete with clubs like Spurs and Liverpool

We need Ashley's pockets to stop going bust sadly.

it doesn't matter man, they weren't "lucky" to get Bobby Robson etc, he was a good appointment and Keegan was an inspired appointment, Dalglish and Gullit despite not doing so well as hoped were at the time, top appointments, you can only beat your competitors at the time.

Out of work, available and he called them I seem to recall

Guest alex

The Robson appointment was a no-brainer for the board but he was only interested in the job because of the stature of the club at the time (the lowly league position notwithstanding).