Andy Carroll....Local Hero! O̶r̶ ̶J̶u̶d̶a̶s̶?

Christmas Tree

Carroll  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BTW, it took 80 years for someone to finally come along and succeed in developing that old cowshed of a stadium

Problem was that until the end of the 70s, the capacity was adequate so there was no reason to expand or even to redevelop apsrt from for prestige. By the time the work needed to be done, the credit was available to do so - something that would have been a problem in the past.

Of course the redevelopment of the east stand and planned Leazes was very small-minded but again those men had no wealth.

the council ie the lease, had stopped the club from developing the ground on many occasions, one of which was Sir Robert McAlpine offering to develop it in return for seat on the board, which was rejected by the board. It took the owners of the early 90's to show the determination and desire to move the club forward to overcome the problems of the lease etc, money wasn't the major reason, it was because they just sat on their laurels and weren't ambitious enough to overcome the obstacles.

We also lost the chance of hosting the 1966 World Cup because of the cowshed of a stadium, Roker Park and Ayresome Park staged the games for the area, they both had superior stadiums to NUFC.

Edited by LeazesMag

the point is not about "Ashley" spending big to challenge ManCity and Chelsea, the point is he is running us down to the levels of Bolton, Blackburn etc so we aren't even attempting to challenge clubs like Liverpool and Spurs ? Which you and others, on here and on skunkers, are meekly accepting, this is decline.

Now you are going to tell me I've been making that up too, are you ?

Man Utd - no chance

Man City - no chance

Arsenal - no chance

Chelsea - no chance

Liverpool - as I've said used generated funds to buy new players and as the Livepool fan said will probably spend a fair bit in the summer. they are a long way ahead of us.

Spurs - used transfer profits over the last 4 years to build a squad which is a lot better than us

The latter two is a level I'd like to aim for and I accept your argument that there's nothing wrong with that but they are streets ahead of us - that's simple realism without millions being spent which is what I keep saying.

So where does that leave us? - you keep mentioning Blackburn but I'd say its more Villa, Everton, the Mackems and "functional" teams like Stoke. That is the next tier and thinking that we can compete above that is unrealistic - again as I keep saying "accepting" that Ashley won't invest.

The funny thing is if a new owner did come in and try and do the same turnover expansion as the previous regime using revenue and loans only, you're probably talking a maximum spend of £50m - do you think that would give us a better squad than Spurs or Liverpool?

you've just said how Spurs and Liverpool are aiming higher than we are, now. I like how you concede inferiority to Arsenal, where exactly do you think they will go when Wenger goes and if they don't make a similar calibre appointment ?

Nothing is permanent, that is a fundamental you and others appear to fail to grasp. We have one of the biggest clubs and fanbases in the country, there is simply no excuse for any owner not attempting to capitalise on it.

They are aiming higher because obviously they have better owners - what I'm saying is that they have funded most of their recent squad building by either transfer profits or debt in Liverpools case which has then been written off. At the end of the day they still have lot better squads than us which is why its unrealistic to expect competition in the immediate future.

Arsenal will have to be judged when the new owner shows his hand - they may have a lot of money to spend to go with a much better academy than us at the moment.

If you want to predict how things will be in 5 or 10 years time then good luck - obviously we agree we should be going all out but I think its going to be difficult given the present situation. As I've said before I've never been able to figure Ashley out and to a large extent I don't think he know what he wants either. We are of course the victims of that but I don't see the point of railing against it until things become clearer.

We didn't have debt by buying players NJS. Our debt was down to a leveraged buy out and the two owners putting the buying of the club on to the club itself a year after they'd 'bought' it. Player transfers showed a net profit for their last two and a half years ownership.

Prior to the Yanks all profit from annual turnover (usually around 10 to 15 million) and player sales were put back in to the club. David Moores made a complete hash of selling the club, and his merchandising of it during his time was shit, but neither he nor the directors ever took a penny out of it in dividends or anything. That's how it always was before him too. I thought that's how all clubs had to work. DM invested 12 million to buy the majority of shares in '92 and sold them for 80 million 15 years later, that was the way it always worked wasn't it? The owners made a profit only when they sold their shares on? I remember the uproar when Martin Edwards made himself Chief exec so that he could draw a wage because the FA had said one board member could be paid.

Our new owners paid 300 million for the club to RBS because that's who the debt of buying the club was owed to. If they hope to make money from it surely the best way is to build it up, win things, and then sell it on at a profit 6 or 7 years down the line.

the point is not about "Ashley" spending big to challenge ManCity and Chelsea, the point is he is running us down to the levels of Bolton, Blackburn etc so we aren't even attempting to challenge clubs like Liverpool and Spurs ? Which you and others, on here and on skunkers, are meekly accepting, this is decline.

Now you are going to tell me I've been making that up too, are you ?

Man Utd - no chance

Man City - no chance

Arsenal - no chance

Chelsea - no chance

Liverpool - as I've said used generated funds to buy new players and as the Livepool fan said will probably spend a fair bit in the summer. they are a long way ahead of us.

Spurs - used transfer profits over the last 4 years to build a squad which is a lot better than us

The latter two is a level I'd like to aim for and I accept your argument that there's nothing wrong with that but they are streets ahead of us - that's simple realism without millions being spent which is what I keep saying.

So where does that leave us? - you keep mentioning Blackburn but I'd say its more Villa, Everton, the Mackems and "functional" teams like Stoke. That is the next tier and thinking that we can compete above that is unrealistic - again as I keep saying "accepting" that Ashley won't invest.

The funny thing is if a new owner did come in and try and do the same turnover expansion as the previous regime using revenue and loans only, you're probably talking a maximum spend of £50m - do you think that would give us a better squad than Spurs or Liverpool?

you've just said how Spurs and Liverpool are aiming higher than we are, now. I like how you concede inferiority to Arsenal, where exactly do you think they will go when Wenger goes and if they don't make a similar calibre appointment ?

Nothing is permanent, that is a fundamental you and others appear to fail to grasp. We have one of the biggest clubs and fanbases in the country, there is simply no excuse for any owner not attempting to capitalise on it.

They are aiming higher because obviously they have better owners - what I'm saying is that they have funded most of their recent squad building by either transfer profits or debt in Liverpools case which has then been written off. At the end of the day they still have lot better squads than us which is why its unrealistic to expect competition in the immediate future.

Arsenal will have to be judged when the new owner shows his hand - they may have a lot of money to spend to go with a much better academy than us at the moment.

If you want to predict how things will be in 5 or 10 years time then good luck - obviously we agree we should be going all out but I think its going to be difficult given the present situation. As I've said before I've never been able to figure Ashley out and to a large extent I don't think he know what he wants either. We are of course the victims of that but I don't see the point of railing against it until things become clearer.

We didn't have debt by buying players NJS. Our debt was down to a leveraged buy out and the two owners putting the buying of the club on to the club itself a year after they'd 'bought' it. Player transfers showed a net profit for their last two and a half years ownership.

Prior to the Yanks all profit from annual turnover (usually around 10 to 15 million) and player sales were put back in to the club. David Moores made a complete hash of selling the club, and his merchandising of it during his time was shit, but neither he nor the directors ever took a penny out of it in dividends or anything. That's how it always was before him too. I thought that's how all clubs had to work. DM invested 12 million to buy the majority of shares in '92 and sold them for 80 million 15 years later, that was the way it always worked wasn't it? The owners made a profit only when they sold their shares on? I remember the uproar when Martin Edwards made himself Chief exec so that he could draw a wage because the FA had said one board member could be paid.

Our new owners paid 300 million for the club to RBS because that's who the debt of buying the club was owed to. If they hope to make money from it surely the best way is to build it up, win things, and then sell it on at a profit 6 or 7 years down the line.

Be interesting to see what your lot do in the summer, whether they do what's been done before, spend what the pot generates itself, or if JH flashes some of his own money. I suspect the former.

Not sure myself either. Think they might put a few bob extra in, beside sales, because players nowadays are bought on the drip and with no big interest payments to be made, future profits should be quite healthy, despite no CL.

I know that - I was just suggesting that now that that debt is gone (however it was done) it leaves you in a stronger position to invest more in players - either from profits or from credit/investment.

If Ashley had really written off his loans to us as his lickspittel has suggested in the past then that would have put us ina similar position. Unfortunately recently he has gone back more to quoting his full investment suggesting he wants that back before he does anything else.

As you suggest the simple idea that the best way to get that money back via on the pitch improvement has been lost.

I know that - I was just suggesting that now that that debt is gone (however it was done) it leaves you in a stronger position to invest more in players - either from profits or from credit/investment.

If Ashley had really written off his loans to us as his lickspittel has suggested in the past then that would have put us ina similar position. Unfortunately recently he has gone back more to quoting his full investment suggesting he wants that back before he does anything else.

As you suggest the simple idea that the best way to get that money back via on the pitch improvement has been lost.

did you really believe that ?

We are more in debt than when he bought the club man, we just owe him the money, this has been pointed out numerous times by many people.

The club is in decline.

did you really believe that ?

We are more in debt than when he bought the club man, we just owe him the money, this has been pointed out numerous times by many people.

The club is in decline.

The price that was mooted last summer suggested there was a point where he had "forgotten" about the 110m at least - I think once he realised we could quite easily go back up he changed his mind and decided to play a longer game at least for now.

Fuck me I haven't posted on here for a long time but I don't need to post because Leazes Mag says more or less everything I want to say. And I would say most of my friends agree with him as well.

Newcastle United should be one of the biggest clubs in Europe, our support is potentially second only to Man U in England - in fact it was bigger than Man U after World War 2 - its about time we had owners again who try and realise that massive potential

We should be aiming for the top - not a top 10 finish - we have the stadium and the support - we need an owner with the ambition to realise our massive potential - how some people still try and defend Ashley beggars belief

Fuck me I haven't posted on here for a long time but I don't need to post because Leazes Mag says more or less everything I want to say. And I would say most of my friends agree with him as well.

Newcastle United should be one of the biggest clubs in Europe, our support is potentially second only to Man U in England - in fact it was bigger than Man U after World War 2 - its about time we had owners again who try and realise that massive potential

We should be aiming for the top - not a top 10 finish - we have the stadium and the support - we need an owner with the ambition to realise our massive potential - how some people still try and defend Ashley beggars belief

So where'd the money come from to make this assault on the top 4 (or top 2 according to you). I'd love to know.

I can't abide Ashley personally, but I do appreciate his moolah.

So where'd the money come from to make this assault on the top 4 (or top 2 according to you). I'd love to know.

I can't abide Ashley personally, but I do appreciate his moolah.

I'm sick of these threads. Yous talk about the same pish, day after day, regurgitating the same shite. A lot of what people say is right, but if this was a prison, I reckon 5 would be murdered with 6 month because people would just got sick of the monotony of the same arguments and the same people saying the same thing.

This thread is supposed to be about Andy Carroll for fuck sake.

Anyway the bit I've highlighted. Leazes has explained his position 100 times, and I agree with him, and Brummiemag raises the same quite correct points. You see Shepherd, regardless what you think of him our turnover was £97m in 2003, the 8th best in world football. If we'd continued on that level our turnover would be £150m EASILY now, the club would've continued to grow and could've QUITE FUCKIN EASILY become part of the Champions League closed shop which with Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool existed for 5 years largely speaking. Liverpool took our place, or the place that should've been ours. So it's no good saying, how do you find the money, where do you get the money. The club has been so fucked up since 2004, and even worse from 2007, that we fucked it up. Shepherd had the foresight, self esteem, ambition and belief, to talk Newcastle up as being one of the best clubs in Europe. In many ways we were. A classic example is our sponsorship with NTL was worth more to the club 10 years ago, than our deal with Northern Rock is now, that's not even adding the inflation factor and expanse of global marketing. Shepherd was negotiating a deal with Mansion House in his last season that would've saw us pocket £6m a year, he NEVER devalued Newcastle United, he made sure we were a blue chip club in most respects, and he knew our worth.

These wanks in charge now, are running us like a cheap and grotty out of town cheap clothes shop. We're worth little because we don't have anyone promoting the values of the club. We're leaderless and directionless. The actual turnover isn't the problem, at a club with a fanbase of maybe 100,000 people who would be willing and able to watch a successful Newcastle United, the turnover is never the problem. If it is run right, promoted right, and fuckin valued by the most important people of all (whether we like it or not) the owners and leaders of the club, the turnover follows. It's ludicrous that we can go from a position of having a turnover £30m more than Tottenham to £25m less than them in 8 years, but that is how fucked up the club is and like I say it stems from the mission statement, and the message these fuckin flids put out which is "yeah we're a grotty pishy corner shop operation, but as long as we get our money back we don't give a fuck". It's laughable, even down to the pathetic shirts we wear, do you think FFS would've let the club turn out looking like a bunch of fuckin absolute bamps. We look like Notts County man. I remember when FFS gave us all a free scarf, he had 40000 made, he took one look at them and said fuck that they're not getting that trash, and he did things properly in that regard. The esteem of the club is the key thing, the owners treat us like we're not much more than commodity which doesn't need nurturing because they have 45000 daft cunts like me who will go regardless what happens. Pathetic cunts like you get told face to face, you're a WUM with no comprehension of the value of what the club in effect should be worth.

Anyway the bit I've highlighted. Leazes has explained his position 100 times, and I agree with him, and Brummiemag raises the same quite correct points. You see Shepherd, regardless what you think of him our turnover was £97m in 2003, the 8th best in world football. If we'd continued on that level our turnover would be £150m EASILY now, the club would've continued to grow and could've QUITE FUCKIN EASILY become part of the Champions League closed shop which with Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool existed for 5 years largely speaking

Sorry Stevie but that's shite - the only way to increase turnover that much would have been by success on the pitch and ground expansion - how likely was that in 2007?

Anyway the bit I've highlighted. Leazes has explained his position 100 times, and I agree with him, and Brummiemag raises the same quite correct points. You see Shepherd, regardless what you think of him our turnover was £97m in 2003, the 8th best in world football. If we'd continued on that level our turnover would be £150m EASILY now, the club would've continued to grow and could've QUITE FUCKIN EASILY become part of the Champions League closed shop which with Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool existed for 5 years largely speaking

Sorry Stevie but that's shite - the only way to increase turnover that much would have been by success on the pitch and ground expansion - how likely was that in 2007?

give it a rest man, we aren't talking about fucking 2007, we are talking about the bigger picture ie the aims, strategies and direction of the club.

give it a rest man, we aren't talking about fucking 2007, we are talking about the bigger picture ie the aims, strategies and direction of the club.

Look I enjoyed the good times as much as you but if you can't see it was all going into a decline from 2006 onwards to the extent that the Halls were actively looking for a way out then you're blind.

I'm no financial expert but your stock "maximizing revenues" phrase and Stevie's assertion above have to be called out - if you can explain how a business which was going backwards and was seeing its competitors get more investment could somehow double its turnover then fair enough - replies like "Shepherd was a good bloke - he would have done it somehow" are crap.

We still had a degree of self esteem in 2007. Our turnover with the additional masses of Sky money since then, it would be £120m+ that is a fact, we're ran like a corner shop, and it'll still be £90m for this season. 07/08 season ticket sell out and we didn't need 6500 cheap family tickets to do it, because the fans still believed we were going somewhere, and at least had a strategy and a target of a minimum of European football every year.

Well done for missing my whole point entirely anyway. Lets put it like this, if the Queen and Prince Phillip turned out in Camden Market on Sunday wearing a hoody and a pair of hi tec trainers, and they were photographed in all the papers. The whole world would think what are these bamps playing at, and we thought they were regal. Well that's what Ashley has systematically done to this club, we have nothing no core, we have no self esteem, no one talking us up with any degree of sincerity we're a fuckin disaster, it's a miracle we have more than 30,000 wanting to go.

Edited by McFaul

Look I enjoyed the good times as much as you but if you can't see it was all going into a decline from 2006 onwards to the extent that the Halls were actively looking for a way out then you're blind.

I'm no financial expert but your stock "maximizing revenues" phrase and Stevie's assertion above have to be called out - if you can explain how a business which was going backwards and was seeing its competitors get more investment could somehow double its turnover then fair enough - replies like "Shepherd was a good bloke - he would have done it somehow" are crap.

it was also "going into a decline in 1999" but it wasn't because the aims and intentions of the club were the same as before........a blip on the pitch for a year or two while you re-group IS NOT a decline when the aims and intentions and targets and revenues are unchanged and you intend to push on again asap.

The phrase "shepherd was a cunt therefore he was a shit owner" is even bigger crap, especially when he was never the owner in the first place.

Edited by LeazesMag

Its a shame these things cant be discussed without the rampant hysteria like Stevies post above.

"No Core, No Self Esteem, Fucking disaster".......Give over ffs

The only talking down these days seems mainly on the forums by those caught in the past.

Fuck me we've been through since shit since Ashley took over but Shepherd, Brothels, Newcastle lasses dogs, We were quite a laughing stock then as well.

We've hit the bottom and are currently on the up again.

So much shite gets posted from one extreme to the other but NJS constantly hits the level headed "as it is" ground for me.

We still had a degree of self esteem in 2007. Our turnover with the additional masses of Sky money since then, it would be £120m+ that is a fact, we're ran like a corner shop, and it'll still be £90m for this season. 07/08 season ticket sell out and we didn't need 6500 cheap family tickets to do it, because the fans still believed we were going somewhere, and at least had a strategy and a target of a minimum of European football every year.

Well done for missing my whole point entirely anyway. Lets put it like this, if the Queen and Prince Phillip turned out in Camden Market on Sunday wearing a hoody and a pair of hi tec trainers, and they were photographed in all the papers. The whole world would think what are these bamps playing at, and we thought they were regal. Well that's what Ashley has systematically done to this club, we have nothing no core, we have no self esteem, no one talking us up with any degree of sincerity we're a fuckin disaster, it's a miracle we have more than 30,000 wanting to go.

They always miss the point Stevie, they insist "Shepherd was a cunt therefore he was a shit owner" bollocks. I'm fucked off with these people talking down the club, and accepting these declined standards under Ashley, NUFC competing at the levels of Bolton and Blackburn, and becoming a selling club again ?

The one thing I thought and hoped would forever remain from what the last regime did, despite any ups and downs which we all have to accept are part of football, is the demands and realisations of the club and never again would people accept such lows as before. It fuckin, absolutely beggars belief, that only 4 years since the club was sold to this man, they have swallowed such shite hook, line and sinker, that we are no better than these clubs, have no chance of ever qualifying for the Champions league and are content to lose our best players to clubs like Liverpool and Spurs again and replace them with cheaper, inferior goods.

They always miss the point Stevie, they insist "Shepherd was a cunt therefore he was a shit owner" bollocks. I'm fucked off with these people talking down the club, and accepting these declined standards under Ashley, NUFC competing at the levels of Bolton and Blackburn, and becoming a selling club again ?

The one thing I thought and hoped would forever remain from what the last regime did, despite any ups and downs which we all have to accept are part of football, is the demands and realisations of the club and never again would people accept such lows as before. It fuckin, absolutely beggars belief, that only 4 years since the club was sold to this man, they have swallowed such shite hook, line and sinker, that we are no better than these clubs, have no chance of ever qualifying for the Champions league and are content to lose our best players to clubs like Liverpool and Spurs again and replace them with cheaper, inferior goods.

The bit in bold isn't the case at all. They've simply aligned their expectations with where we realistically are in comparison to other wealthier clubs. It's also a hypocritical statement, seeing as you accepted low standards when the club was one of the top spending clubs around, believing that only "qualifying for europe" was acceptable for a club capable of breaking the world transfer record.

Its a shame these things cant be discussed without the rampant hysteria like Stevies post above.

The only talking down these days seems mainly on the forums by those caught in the past.

Fuck me we've been through since shit since Ashley took over but Shepherd, Brothels, Newcastle lasses dogs, We were quite a laughing stock then as well.

So much shite gets posted from one extreme to the other but NJS constantly hits the level headed "as it is" ground for me.

We're worthless man, like I say it's even down to the fucking strips. If you had half a clue you would realise our infrastructure is a fucking disgrace. You know the first thing Hall did, he built a team of successful businessmen around him, when he became chairman of the club. He had FFS, Douglas Hall, plenty others, and most importantly he appointed Freddie Fletcher who was probably second behind Keegan in being the reason the clubs turnover increased from £4m in 1991 to £59m in 1998. He marketed the club. It's a lot more complicated than, "ah Mike's doing his best, he's gradually growing the club", off the pitch we're like a fucking corner shop. Even the tacky Sports Direct sign on the roof, makes us look like poor chumps, because that's what we are. We need people like FFS and Fletcher to market the club and develop it properly off the pitch. It's a disaster off the pitch. Fletcher made Rangers the richest club in Europe at one point, he came to the toon and made us 5th richest in Europe within seven years. We have fuck all marketing or fuck all PR, we should be exploiting markets abroad, because the fanbase is there. We have a fanclub in places you've never even dreamed of like Singapore with 2,000 members. We have nothing off the pitch we're devalued, and talking about FFS and brothels is more or less like saying "I don't have a clue", because it's irrelevant. We need a team of Fletcher's and proper people who are going to promote the club. It's dying in that regard, pisses me off when tools can't see it. Nearly everyone I know committed friends, people at the match, agree with and uphold everything I say, other than one or two. The only ones I see a degree of support for this disgusting regime are on the internet. Say nee more.

:(

Just saw this, you're taking the piss. I refuse to believe you're not. I won't bite.

We're worthless man, like I say it's even down to the fucking strips. If you had half a clue you would realise our infrastructure is a fucking disgrace. You know the first thing Hall did, he built a team of successful businessmen around him, when he became chairman of the club. He had FFS, Douglas Hall, plenty others, and most importantly he appointed Freddie Fletcher who was probably second behind Keegan in being the reason the clubs turnover increased from £4m in 1991 to £59m in 1998. He marketed the club. It's a lot more complicated than, "ah Mike's doing his best, he's gradually growing the club", off the pitch we're like a fucking corner shop. Even the tacky Sports Direct sign on the roof, makes us look like poor chumps, because that's what we are. We need people like FFS and Fletcher to market the club and develop it properly off the pitch. It's a disaster off the pitch. Fletcher made Rangers the richest club in Europe at one point, he came to the toon and made us 5th richest in Europe within seven years. We have fuck all marketing or fuck all PR, we should be exploiting markets abroad, because the fanbase is there. We have a fanclub in places you've never even dreamed of like Singapore with 2,000 members. We have nothing off the pitch we're devalued, and talking about FFS and brothels is more or less like saying "I don't have a clue", because it's irrelevant. We need a team of Fletcher's and proper people who are going to promote the club. It's dying in that regard, pisses me off when tools can't see it. Nearly everyone I know committed friends, people at the match, agree with and uphold everything I say, other than one or two. The only ones I see a degree of support for this disgusting regime are on the internet. Say nee more.

I agree with virtually all of that and said similar a few weeks ago, but implying it just disappeared overnight when Ashley arrived is what keeps these arguments rumbling on.

The rot was well and truly alive and kicking long before Ashley got here, fletcher and the great marketing / PR had gone, the Halls could see where we were headed and were desperate to get out and we were left with Freddy trying to keep all the plates in the air with desperate deals. Even Freddy could see that desperate times were upon us, hence Fat Sams appointment.

Anyone who thinks our future would have been rosy under Shepherd is mad. It had gone, simple.

The top four is now all about money and we are a mile away. While having a singapore fan club with 2000 members is very nice, its never going to generate money that will change anything. If they wanted a shirt Im sure it would be a knock off from the local market.

Without a sheik, there is only one hope of breaking the top four and that is finding young talent, making the most of it while we can and then cashing in on the odd star to repeat the process hopefully raising the overall standard of the squad as we go.

I never here any other sensible suggestions from any of the Leazes camp on here only bleating about we should be this and should be that.

If more people approached the subject like NJS, then these debates would die right down.

Just saw this, you're taking the piss. I refuse to believe you're not. I won't bite.

Not all. Not sure if Ive read anything at all from any main stream media talking us down. Since relegation I think our overall press and the goodwill towards us has increased a hell of a lot.

While nobody has a clue what Ashley will do next, the deadwood has virtually gone, stability is setting in, finances have been sorted and we seem to be putting in lots of preparation for the summer window.

Not all. Not sure if Ive read anything at all from any main stream media talking us down. Since relegation I think our overall press and the goodwill towards us has increased a hell of a lot.

While nobody has a clue what Ashley will do next, the deadwood has virtually gone, stability is setting in, finances have been sorted and we seem to be putting in lots of preparation for the summer window.

I'm not going to get high and mighty here, but I repeat the fans on the ground, in Newcastle, 99% are against Ashley, that's my issue with what you said. Not taking the piss, but even you have to be honest here, where you live is at beat a 30/70 area in their favour so the people you speak to are going to have slightly differing views than somewhere, where everyone is black and white.

I'm not going to get high and mighty here, but I repeat the fans on the ground, in Newcastle, 99% are against Ashley, that's my issue with what you said. Not taking the piss, but even you have to be honest here, where you live is at beat a 30/70 area in their favour so the people you speak to are going to have slightly differing views than somewhere, where everyone is black and white.

The discussion wasnt about whether people like Ashley, it was the club being talked down. We are not the laughing stock that we were and the club has dragged itself back to a respectable level with its self esteem restored imo. Our "press" on the whole is very good these days.

I wouldnt dream of challenging the fact that Ashley is still hated by the majority. ;)