Andy Carroll....Local Hero! O̶r̶ ̶J̶u̶d̶a̶s̶?

Christmas Tree

Carroll  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

so who are these "wealthier clubs", Man City and Chelsea ? You accept we are inferior to the likes of Liverpool and Spurs, and should sell them our best players like the 2nd rate clubs again ?

I've tried to explain why Liverpool and Spurs are streets ahead of us but then again apart from 7 or 8 years they always have been.

rubbish.

If you talking about the recent history, are you referring to 12-13 years of the Halls and Shepherd era ? If so, why do you "hate" them ?

These people who base their "opinions" on how much they do or don't "like" somebody, are a fucking hoot.

We finished above Liverpool once in the 10 years Shepherd was chairman and three times with Hall - 4 times overall in 13 years - they must have been quaking - is that factual enough for you?

Your view that because of those 4 years we are somehow rivals to the most successful club in English history who've won about 3 times as many trophies is laughable.

However since 2007 we've failed to even finish above Everton.

The discussion wasnt about whether people like Ashley, it was the club being talked down. We are not the laughing stock that we were and the club has dragged itself back to a respectable level with its self esteem restored imo. Our "press" on the whole is very good these days.

I wouldnt dream of challenging the fact that Ashley is still hated by the majority. :icon_lol:

Id suggest having a conversation with any of the local journos, Bird, Caulkin, Starforth. All will tell you what a joke this football club is.

The discussion wasnt about whether people like Ashley, it was the club being talked down. We are not the laughing stock that we were and the club has dragged itself back to a respectable level with its self esteem restored imo. Our "press" on the whole is very good these days.

I wouldnt dream of challenging the fact that Ashley is still hated by the majority. :icon_lol:

Id suggest having a conversation with any of the local journos, Bird, Caulkin, Starforth. All will tell you what a joke this football club is.

Could also have a chat with the fake sheik for balance.

There's some short memories on here.

I dont agree at all. Certainly post Keegan, Kinnear and relegation, but since the championship, promotion and this first season back, you would be hard pushed to dig up the deluded laughing stock Geordies stories.

I dont agree at all. Certainly post Keegan, Kinnear and relegation, but since the championship, promotion and this first season back, you would be hard pushed to dig up the deluded laughing stock Geordies stories.

playing in the championship/2nd division is less of a laughing stock than playing in europe regularly is it :blush:

so who are these "wealthier clubs", Man City and Chelsea ? You accept we are inferior to the likes of Liverpool and Spurs, and should sell them our best players like the 2nd rate clubs again ?

I've tried to explain why Liverpool and Spurs are streets ahead of us but then again apart from 7 or 8 years they always have been.

rubbish.

If you talking about the recent history, are you referring to 12-13 years of the Halls and Shepherd era ? If so, why do you "hate" them ?

These people who base their "opinions" on how much they do or don't "like" somebody, are a fucking hoot.

We finished above Liverpool once in the 10 years Shepherd was chairman and three times with Hall - 4 times overall in 13 years - they must have been quaking - is that factual enough for you?

Your view that because of those 4 years we are somehow rivals to the most successful club in English history who've won about 3 times as many trophies is laughable.

he gets his information from skunkers :icon_lol:

So many holes in his "opinion" [not facts] its untrue, but I can't be arsed.

Wonder what he will be saying on Sep 1st ie "where is the money coming from". "where has the money gone" will be more appropriate.

Wonder what he will be saying on Sep 1st ie "where is the money coming from". "where has the money gone" will be more appropriate.

I get my information from freely available internet sources - I know you never read other people links because you think that somehow makes you some kind of intellectual or something but the internet is full of facts.

Again you assume I support Ashley - that isn't what this is about - its about your opinion that the worst thing about selling Carroll was that it was to a club you think are our rivals - my opinion is that they are not.

That "fact" is a reflection of the current regime but its also a reflection of football history and their place in world football.

Do you honestly think we are as big a club as Liverpool?

A club who've won more trophies than us, have a more recent period of success, and have an all-time average crowd within a couple of hundred of ours - do you think we should automatically finish above them as well?

Edited by NJS

I get my information from freely available internet sources - I know you never read other people links because you think that somehow makes you some kind of intellectual or something but the internet is full of facts.

Again you assume I support Ashley - that isn't what this is about - its about your opinion that the worst thing about selling Carroll was that it was to a club you think are our rivals - my opinion is that they are not.

That "fact" is a reflection of the current regime but its also a reflection of football history and their place in world football.

Do you honestly think we are as big a club as Liverpool?

of course, how do you think Liverpool built up their global appeal ? Don't you think its to our credit we managed to finish above such a massive club, much bigger than us, 4 times during the reign of the Halls and Shepherd ?

Do you not think we were building up more global appeal when we ourselves qualified for the Champions League and europe regularly and bought the "trophy players" etc that help this aim ? Of course, I realise small minded tossers, such as those on skunkers and other places [who enjoyed every minute of those times and didn't warn anybody of any impending financial disaster], then despised these sort of players when they decided the chairman was a "cunt" and because he was such a "cunt", anybody would be better ?

Why do you think we are no bigger and better than the likes of Blackburn and Bolton ?

A club who've won more trophies than us, have a more recent period of success, and have an all-time average crowd within a couple of hundred of ours - do you think we should automatically finish above them as well?

brainwashed. NUFC, the new Exeter City, because Dekka says so :icon_lol:

Everton - how many times did this "superior club" finish above us between 1993 and 2007 ?

To be fair the small group who bait him (and the worst is no longer with us) are easily in the same ball park.

He no doubt loves it, any excuse to wheel out the same old lines.

aye, next season is gonna be just greeeeaaaat

To be fair the small group who bait him (and the worst is no longer with us) are easily in the same ball park.

Why do you bother supporting Newcastle any more? You admitted after our great come back against Arsenal that you had seen it all before (despite it never having been done before) so it didn't excite you.

All you do is moan about how shit we are and how shit we will be in future (despite us having a pretty good season), if you are going to constantly live in those few years where were in the champions league then you will be bitterly disappointed for many years to come (and this started before Ashley came in btw, the billionaire owners at City haven't helped this either).

If following Newcastle is such an obvious chore why do you bother? It just seems like self harm to you. You are unable to accept where we are now (see "lower expectations") so you refuse to accept any joy that may come about because it doesn't match to what we were doing for a spell under the old board.

Seriously is there any point? I know I would struggle to keep interest in something that never, ever gives me any positive moments.

Putting all the usual shite to one side, what performance on the field next season would convince you we were heading in the right direction. Simple question.

rubbish.

Not sure that comparing us against any other club is relevant at all, as then you have to contend with two variables (how good they are, how good we are) in your analysis. Which makes it bollocks basically. I realise you were responding to the Liverpool example but then again Liverpool have in general been a bench mark of football excellence whereas Everton simply aren't. Of course Everton have appointed and kept a better manager than we ever did under Hall and Shepherd with only two exceptions.

This thread was supposed to be about Andy Carroll and our reception to him. Despite the fact that Shepherd stated he would have sold him, and despite the fact Lambias has said we are wrong to 'abuse' him, it's gone down the familiar route most threads do on this board. There's really only one person responsible for that. Of course, there's always the option of General Chat board, but for some reason about half the threads there end up being about immigration or muslims for some strange reason.

Of course we should. As a business we should be at least 30% bigger than them as we have been for the best part of 20 years. More trophies what a pathetic statement, four more trophies, so fuckin what? It's staggering our all time average gate is higher than their's given the fact we've spent 20 years of our history in Division Two and they haven't even been down for 60 years. The fact is we are a bigger club in finance and fanbase in 2011 by far I'd say, so just to clarify, your argument is pathetic. More trophies. They've won one trophy in the last 24 years, one more than us, but so fuckin what. Let me ask you a question every season why are Newcastle on TV generally 5-10 games more than them? No wonder Leazes gets annoyed with posts like that.

Why do you bother supporting Newcastle any more? You admitted after our great come back against Arsenal that you had seen it all before (despite it never having been done before) so it didn't excite you.

All you do is moan about how shit we are and how shit we will be in future (despite us having a pretty good season), if you are going to constantly live in those few years where were in the champions league then you will be bitterly disappointed for many years to come (and this started before Ashley came in btw, the billionaire owners at City haven't helped this either).

If following Newcastle is such an obvious chore why do you bother? It just seems like self harm to you. You are unable to accept where we are now (see "lower expectations") so you refuse to accept any joy that may come about because it doesn't match to what we were doing for a spell under the old board.

Seriously is there any point? I know I would struggle to keep interest in something that never, ever gives me any positive moments.

My feelings exactly. It seems to Leazes if you still enjoy going to the match that somehow makes you a supporter of Ashley. If you boo Andy Carroll then also you are implicitly supporting Ashley (despite Shepherd's comments saying he would have done the same).

I've enjoyed this season more than any other since the Robson days. We've had some fantastic matches and results, and we really haven't played that bad much (especially when compared to the Souness and Roeder era). I don't like our chairman but somehow I still enjoy the product. If I become as disillusioned as Leazes, I'll simply jack it in though. There's so many other things you can do in your spare time and with the season ticket money.

Of course we should. As a business we should be at least 30% bigger than them as we have been for the best part of 20 years. More trophies what a pathetic statement, four more trophies, so fuckin what? It's staggering our all time average gate is higher than their's given the fact we've spent 20 years of our history in Division Two and they haven't even been down for 60 years. The fact is we are a bigger club in finance and fanbase in 2011 by far I'd say, so just to clarify, your argument is pathetic. More trophies. They've won one trophy in the last 24 years, one more than us, but so fuckin what. Let me ask you a question every season why are Newcastle on TV generally 5-10 games more than them? No wonder Leazes gets annoyed with posts like that.

I actually think we are a bigger club than Everton all things considered. What I was trying to say was that from an objective point of view, there's no "good" reason to think we should be automatically finish above them.

Their team of the 80s was more successful than our team of the 90s and it's "only" 24 years since they won the league compared with our 67 - you can see why a neutral would think it was "deluded" to think we should finish above them by rights.

We feature more on TV for several reasons - Everyone know Everton are shit to watch and Sky know we are a bigger draw audience wise which is part of why I do think we are bigger. Having said that we do feature a lot with the hope that we will provide car crash TV.

Daft arse.

Negative fuckers like you, who don't realise where the club ought to be, no wonder you spend more time on NO than here.

Mike Ashley loves supporters like you, accepting what he is doing to it, if you went to games like.

The irony is, and I'm sure you just won't get this at all - is that you say why should I bother, when you bored the arse of people like me complaining about how shite the club was and the owners were when we were playing in europe and signing top footballers, now you are backing the actions of a man who has put the club into decline and transformed it into a selling club again. You just could not make this up. Its those like you who booed a team that came 5th, it defies belief that such an attitude, and such hypocrisy can prevail. Absolutely astounding.

If you can't enjoy and appreciate a team buying top players and playing in europe, [and aspiring - and succeeding - to finish above such clubs who are massively superior to us like Liverpool and Everton :icon_lol: , what can you enjoy ? Clearly a team who see survival as the aim and sells its best players to clubs like mentioned in this very paragraph.

Edited by LeazesMag

My feelings exactly. It seems to Leazes if you still enjoy going to the match that somehow makes you a supporter of Ashley. If you boo Andy Carroll then also you are implicitly supporting Ashley (despite Shepherd's comments saying he would have done the same).

I've enjoyed this season more than any other since the Robson days. We've had some fantastic matches and results, and we really haven't played that bad much (especially when compared to the Souness and Roeder era). I don't like our chairman but somehow I still enjoy the product. If I become as disillusioned as Leazes, I'll simply jack it in though. There's so many other things you can do in your spare time and with the season ticket money.

comments to gejon equally apply to you.

Daft arse.

Negative fuckers like you, who don't realise where the club ought to be, no wonder you spend more time on NO than here.

Mike Ashley loves supporters like you, accepting what he is doing to it, if you went to games like.

Brilliant :icon_lol:

What have you done to stick it to Ashley btw?

Every game this season I've really looked forward to going to, years since I could say that. Look at this, cracking little stat this.

Home Goals

Man Utd 43

Newcastle 38

Chelsea 37

Liverpool 37

Bolton 34

Arsenal 32

Sunderland 24

rubbish.

Not sure that comparing us against any other club is relevant at all, as then you have to contend with two variables (how good they are, how good we are) in your analysis. Which makes it bollocks basically. I realise you were responding to the Liverpool example but then again Liverpool have in general been a bench mark of football excellence whereas Everton simply aren't. Of course Everton have appointed and kept a better manager than we ever did under Hall and Shepherd with only two exceptions.

This thread was supposed to be about Andy Carroll and our reception to him. Despite the fact that Shepherd stated he would have sold him, and despite the fact Lambias has said we are wrong to 'abuse' him, it's gone down the familiar route most threads do on this board. There's really only one person responsible for that. Of course, there's always the option of General Chat board, but for some reason about half the threads there end up being about immigration or muslims for some strange reason.

I'm not responsible for anything, its part of the topic, you don't like the truth, despite saying you "respect others' opinions" ie facts. I think calling Carroll "Judas" makes us look like we accept inferiority, you don't. However, the content of this thread, including posts by yourself, indicate clearly that you DO accept inferiority.

Daft arse.

Brilliant :icon_lol:

What have you done to stick it to Ashley btw?

negative because you accept inferiority. Didn't think you would get it. Have you actually been to a game lately ?

comments to gejon equally apply to you.

Shepherd would have sold Carroll ffs. Nearly every buisness man would have. The mistake though was not anticipating the market and buying back up. As it stands though, we may still finish in a higher place then under Shepherd for may years of his tenure, and it's been a fuck of a lot more exciting than most these years too.

So are you going to answer why you still go to football matches when you clearly don't enjoy it or not then?