Andy Carroll....Local Hero! O̶r̶ ̶J̶u̶d̶a̶s̶?

Christmas Tree

Carroll  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

punch above our weight ? Give over. That says everything about you, and the wankers on skunkers that say the same, which you are repeating.

That is the WHOLE problem with you and the others. You have an inferiority complex and accept lower standards and expectations than you should.

In fact, you are so mixed up, if anything, all those champions league and european qualifications should make you more appreciative of the people who delivered it, as you think it is "punching above our weight".

Teams with higher all time averages than NUFC: Man Utd, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Teams who have won more trophies than NUFC: Man Utd, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and Villa

Do you think 5 or 6 years of Sky based turnover figures when some clubs who would get bigger crowds if they weren't limited by their grounds somehow overwrites 130 years of Football history?

What basis do you have for thinking we should be competing with those clubs? Some opinion that Liverpool's crowds are shite when they drop so somehow that makes us bigger?

The ironic thing is you spout off about Sky era fans but its you who embodies the cliched Geordie who thinks we're a big club who win things.

Under Shepherd we did nearly get relegated, did finish 13th a couple of times and 11th a couple of times - we followed what was a microcosm for the clubs whole history - overall failure with brief moments of glory - its the delusion that you think we now have the "right" to expect success as the norm that is truly laughable.

The seeds of the decline we see now were sown by the Halls and Shepherd - the fact that you can't see that economic times were changing and have changed when the men involved did themselves and got out before the real shit hit the fan just shows you up for their sap.

oh dear, you are attacking your club just like the know-nowt morons on skunkers now....

Under Shepherd, we DID NOT get relegated. Understand ? You can fantasize as much as you like in your desperation to find any old stick to beat him [and the Halls] with, but at the end of the day, we DID NOT get relegated, we DID NOT go into administration. We DID however, get promoted, transform a club sinking to the 3rd division into one of the biggest in the country, achieve the best league performance in over half a century, catapult the club from a selling club into 14th in the worlds rich list, completely transform the stadium from a half full cow shed with a capacity of 30,000 into one of the biggest in the country with the 3rd largest capacity.

Come back when you start talking facts and not things you want to make up that suit you.

You won't find anywhere saying I think we have a "right" to win anything, but you will definitely find plenty of posts by me saying that as supporters we have a right to expect the club to attempt it, but thats because I believe we are one of the biggest clubs in the country, not also rans as you do. Shame on those who think we are no bigger than the likes of Bolton. As I said, if anything, you should appreciate the Halls and Shepherd more than you do as you think they had us "performing above our level". Fucking hell, what an admission. No wonder you are happy that we sell our best players.

I hope nobody is going to blame me for this thread, I really hope you see sense and stop latching onto the rubbish you read on that other site.

Edited by LeazesMag

Punch above our weight? Are you some sort of Fucking Mug or what. Finishing in the Top 6 showed that we were not punching above our weight , Jesus. Whilst I will admit that FFS was a bit of a twat dont be so dense as to try to belittle what we actually achieved when he was in charge.

The only way we will get into Europe with FCB in charge will be if another war breaks out.

laughable isn't it.

In reply to your edit, you've stated we can't compete with Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City - the realistic level now is the 6/7/8 division - if that's Everton, Bolton and maybe SAFC then yes, that's our level now.

Again how can we change that in a way that doesn't involve fantasy?

So no answer as to why you think we should be competing on a consistent basis with the clubs I named?

No answer as to why the Halls cut and ran?

what the fuck are you babbling about. Your posts are filled with irrational hatred and no common sense, they are almost as nonsensical as the idealistic political rubbish you spout.

What has the Halls selling the club got to do with Mike Ashley dragging it downwards from "punching above its weight"? That became Mike Ashleys direction and his problem from the moment he bought it, and surely that means you should be more appreciative of the Halls ?

Oh, of course, you resent anybody making money don't you.

In reply to your edit, you've stated we can't compete with Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City - the realistic level now is the 6/7/8 division - if that's Everton, Bolton and maybe SAFC then yes, that's our level now.

I've tried. I'll leave this to someone else, your hatred really burns you.

So no answer as to why you think we should be competing on a consistent basis with the clubs I named?

what the fuck are you babbling about. Your posts are filled with irrational hatred and no common sense, they are almost as nonsensical as the idealistic political rubbish you spout.

What has the Halls selling the club got to do with Mike Ashley dragging it downwards from "punching above its weight"? That became Mike Ashleys direction and his problem from the moment he bought it, and surely that means you should be more appreciative of the Halls ?

Ashley thought he was buying a viable business - the debt meant he wasn't which is what they knew and why they wanted to sell. I'm pretty sure Ashley's intention was to make a success of the purchase but he's now had to spend probably all the money he was willing to to get to here. That money has been increased by his own incompetence but to suggest he set out 4 years ago to run the club down is fucking even too stupid for you.

Again you're happy for them to make that money at severe cost to the club we all support - says it all.

No doubt some meaningless babble about "increasing revenues" you picked up from elsewhere that you can't explain because you don't understand it.

No doubt some meaningless babble about "increasing revenues" you picked up from elsewhere that you can't explain because you don't understand it.

don't you understand what increased revenues and being 14th in the rich list means ?

It's pointless this, you are brainwashed by Mike and Dekka just like those tits on skunkers.

Ashley thought he was buying a viable business - the debt meant he wasn't which is what they knew and why they wanted to sell. I'm pretty sure Ashley's intention was to make a success of the purchase but he's now had to spend probably all the money he was willing to to get to here. That money has been increased by his own incompetence but to suggest he set out 4 years ago to run the club down is fucking even too stupid for you.

Again you're happy for them to make that money at severe cost to the club we all support - says it all.

Well. You are happy being also rans and being the only club making a small profit on the back of selling our best players, as you truly think this is our "weight" good luck to you. Hope too many Liverpool supporters, along with countless others when we are relegated again don't laugh at you too much when you tell them they should be running their clubs like we do instead of playing in europe and trying to win trophies.

I'll leave this for someone else. This time.

don't you understand what increased revenues and being 14th in the rich list means ?

It's pointless this, you are brainwashed by Mike and Dekka just like those tits on skunkers.

If the turnover was 100m and you increased revenues 10% (a huge deal for a business that size) would 10m buy you an assault on 4th?

If you take the cost of an assault as a very conservative 100m how feasible would it be for a club to double its revenue?

Dis being 14th on a list mean we could spend 100m?

Well. You are happy being also rans and being the only club making a small profit on the back of selling our best players, as you truly think this is our "weight" good luck to you. Hope too many Liverpool supporters, along with countless others when we are relegated again don't laugh at you too much when you tell them they should be running their clubs like we do instead of playing in europe and trying to win trophies.

I'll leave this for someone else. This time.

I'm not happy about it - just realistic as I know there's nothing that can change it - certainly nothing you've suggested anyway.

He's just another one who wishes you didn't have to mention Freddy Fucking Shepherd in every thread.

Leazes Mag

I don't

"...and how anybody but Fred would do better...And I didn't mention Shepherd...Did I mention Shepherd...Shepherd you halfwit...Shepherd...Gullit...Shepherd...Shepherd was chairman?...Shepherd or the Halls and Shepherd ? Shearer......Shepherd says what he says...Mike Ashley...Mike Ashley ...Halls and Shepherd brought to the club...Mike Ashley bought the club".

Yeah you hardly ever mention him to be fair. I guess I overreacted. :lol:

He's just another one who wishes you didn't have to mention Freddy Fucking Shepherd in every thread.

Leazes Mag

I don't

"...and how anybody but Fred would do better...And I didn't mention Shepherd...Did I mention Shepherd...Shepherd you halfwit...Shepherd...Gullit...Shepherd...Shepherd was chairman?...Shepherd or the Halls and Shepherd ? Shearer......Shepherd says what he says...Mike Ashley...Mike Ashley ...Halls and Shepherd brought to the club...Mike Ashley bought the club".

you did. There are lots of them I don't start, a couple recently I have drawn attention to, to people like you who harp on about this, although I guess your "opinion" is pre-conceived anyway.

Fact is, if everybody conceded that they were in fact good directors and Mike Ashley will never ever match them while he has a hole in his arse, there would be no need for me to respond to anybody would there ?

Edited by LeazesMag

[

Fact is, if everybody conceded that they were in fact good directors and Mike Ashley will never ever match them while he has a hole in his arse, there would be no need for me to respond to anybody would there ?

You just can't leave it alone. Ever.

Regarding the Carroll transfer: Money is to blame; NUFC wanted the £35m and A.C. wanted the big weekly salary. Although it hurts like hell, I can't blame Carroll for going as I would have done the same (deep down in that position, I think we all would have). Pity LardAsh saw a huge chunk of change dangling in front of him - £35m? For Andy Carroll?? It's easy for us to say we would have rejected Liverpool's overtures, regardless of the size of offer, but then we're not playing with our money - or £260m+ of our money.

It's shit, I know it is and I really wish he had stayed. I really wish LardAsh had said fuck it, this (Carroll) is the future of NUFC and he's not going anywhere, but, as I said, it's not my mega millions I have tied up.

I have had a bit too much sun today, so I may think this post is a load of shite tomorrow :lol: If some of you already do think it's shite, that's fine, I don't take any offence being told it ;)

I could be right,

I could be wrong,

But I'm perfectly willing to swear,

When I kissed her on the lips that night,

A nightingale sang in Berkley Square.

[

You just can't leave it alone. Ever.

you mentioned Shepherd sunshine. Do you want me to answer you or not ?

Are you going to answer the questions posed by Windaz on skunkers LM, they're in every thread?

when he goes to games again, and sees for himself, I might. Until then I'm not really arsed what he says mate as he spouts crap and I've made my point over 3 years ago about Ashley. I'm sticking to my guns.

Are you going to answer the questions posed by Windaz on skunkers LM, they're in every thread?

when he goes to games again, and sees for himself, I might. Until then I'm not really arsed what he says mate as he spouts crap and I've made my point over 3 years ago about Ashley. I'm sticking to my guns.

Can we have a breakdown of the number of games you attended from say 1980 to 2010 (you can include the 70s if you like) so we can decide what weight to give your views.

Windaz lives in Ipswich - how many games did you go to when you were exiled?

Leazes Mag

I don't

you did. There are lots of them I don't start, a couple recently I have drawn attention to, to people like you who harp on about this, although I guess your "opinion" is pre-conceived anyway.

I'm pretty sure this is first time I have addressed you. Perhaps your ears are ringing from all the meds.

How can I have a 'pre-conceived' opinion. It's not like I signed up to this forum already knowing your a grumpy old windbag.

Can we have a breakdown of the number of games you attended from say 1980 to 2010 (you can include the 70s if you like) so we can decide what weight to give your views.

:lol:

Leazes Mag

I don't

I'm pretty sure this is first time I have addressed you. Perhaps your ears are ringing from all the meds.

How can I have a 'pre-conceived' opinion. It's not like I signed up to this forum already knowing your a grumpy old windbag.

there are plenty other people who don't find much to feel cheerful about where Mike Ashley is concerned. I don't take "meds", do you still wear short pants and white socks ? Is the sun in Oz affecting your brain ? Or is your telescope out of order ?

If you want to find message boards where people think the sun shines out of Mike Ashleys arse [i'm not saying you do, but its just a suitable reply to your comments to me] there are other ones that are quite rife with such lunatics.

I know he does, I've answered this question elsewhere. Probably more in 6 months that he has done since Mike Ashley bought this club. But I don't need to justify myself to you. I lived further away than you do too and still went to games.