Osama Bin Laden

Jimbo

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"there could be 20 bin Laden's in 15 years time"

That isn't true for one reason: there won't be 20 jihadists with the wealth he had at his disposal; that's what separated him from the rest.

There have already been jihadists who have been as influential and more brutal in some aspects than OBL, Zarqawi being the most prominent.

The war in Afghanistan was when OBL became radicalized and it was the start of his belief that outsiders had no business interfering in muslim countries. In the ME currently there seems to be a wave of consensus amongst the people against tyrannical regimes and a clamour for reform and democracy. This is absolutely in conflict with the beliefs and goals of the jihadist movement. In Libya, the rebels even requested military support from the west, and this was endorsed by the Arab League. Perhaps some of these countries were motivated by political expediency, but nevertheless it is a move totally at odds with OBL's core beliefs, as is the entire pro-democracy movement in the ME. The Islamists are hated by significant numbers in the countries they unfortunately inhabit.

We are at war with that ideology, whether we like it or not, they don't need provocation as they are hell-bent on establishing a caliphate and killing as many people as it takes in the process. They can't win, because their ideology is so inhumane and brutal that only the most radical are happy to live it.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Thirty years ago when he was sat in the West Stand at the Highbury library in his JVC Arsenal top, there was no Bin Laden. Plenty muslims no doubt hated the West. It's ironic that Bin Laden shared the same aspirations and worked side by side with the yanks through the 80's till Russia fucked off out of Afghanistan. The first Gulf War was probably the catalyst for everything, and the irony was Saddam thought the Mujahadeen were a bunch of wanks. Either way there was no Bin Laden or no equivalent of a Bin Laden to that point. All these idiots around the world celebrating this :icon_lol: what a bunch of tools.

Like I say in 1980 there were no Bin Laden's, people of influence were found in Universities and the like, apparent OBL formed a lot of his views at uni, and his tutor was a hardcore Palestinian, jew hating chump. The point is now, these muslims around the world who generally aren't as well educated as people in Western Europe (who is though certainly not the yanks), now have an iconic symbol to aspire to be like. Bin Laden is probably the most famous muslim ever, even more famous than Genghis Khan, and that is the worry, there could be 20 bin Laden's in 15 years time.

It's like the line in Snatch, when Brad Pitt's getting battered all over, and Jason Statham goes "a pikey reaction.....is quite a faakin fing", well am telling you now we've all witnessed "a muslim reaction is quite a faakin fing", more worried about the future than I was last night.

I reckon Muhammad might disagree like. :D

Muhammed :rolleyes: he's just a plastic muslim. Good clip of him on youtube of him at Eldon Rec though from 1977.

:icon_lol: Not that Muhammad.

Ah the other Mohammed, the one who's got about as much chance of being real Moses has of sailing Noah's Arc up the Tyne with Shergar stood proudly at the front of the deck.

Ah the other Mohammed, the one who's got about as much chance of being real Moses has of sailing Noah's Arc up the Tyne with Shergar stood proudly at the front of the deck.

Apparently there's a fair bit of historical evidence of Mohammed's existence, being that he was in with a King. Tonnes more than for old JC of Naz.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's not dead yet and being held somewhere to try get as much info as possible out of him, the whole "tosses him into the sea" bit just sounds daft.

exactly, don't 100% believe he is dead

Thirty years ago when he was sat in the West Stand at the Highbury library in his JVC Arsenal top, there was no Bin Laden. Plenty muslims no doubt hated the West. It's ironic that Bin Laden shared the same aspirations and worked side by side with the yanks through the 80's till Russia fucked off out of Afghanistan. The first Gulf War was probably the catalyst for everything, and the irony was Saddam thought the Mujahadeen were a bunch of wanks. Either way there was no Bin Laden or no equivalent of a Bin Laden to that point. All these idiots around the world celebrating this :icon_lol: what a bunch of tools.

Like I say in 1980 there were no Bin Laden's, people of influence were found in Universities and the like, apparent OBL formed a lot of his views at uni, and his tutor was a hardcore Palestinian, jew hating chump. The point is now, these muslims around the world who generally aren't as well educated as people in Western Europe (who is though certainly not the yanks), now have an iconic symbol to aspire to be like. Bin Laden is probably the most famous muslim ever, even more famous than Genghis Khan, and that is the worry, there could be 20 bin Laden's in 15 years time.

It's like the line in Snatch, when Brad Pitt's getting battered all over, and Jason Statham goes "a pikey reaction.....is quite a faakin fing", well am telling you now we've all witnessed "a muslim reaction is quite a faakin fing", more worried about the future than I was last night.

I reckon Muhammad might disagree like. :rolleyes:

Muhammed Ali ?

Edit. Just realised, how can I be a "racist" when Muhammed Ali is one of the people I'd most like to meet ?

:icon_lol:

Edited by LeazesMag

Wouldn't be surprised if he's not dead yet and being held somewhere to try get as much info as possible out of him, the whole "tosses him into the sea" bit just sounds daft.

does actually. The whole thing has so many holes, he's been dead ages man.

Should've just stuck a spike up his arse and put him on display until the smell got too bad.

Some of the old ways are still the best ways.

FYP

I don't think it's beyond the bounds of possibility that he had become a marginal figure in Al-Q and was simply tossed to the USA by the Pakistani govt for political reasons. To avoid the prolonged nuisance of a show trial, further martyrdom and accusations of human rights abuses and deciding that as a peripheral figurehead he had nothing useful to tell them anymore, maybe they just wanted to execute him in revenge for 9/11and claim it as a victory over Al-Q. Or maybe Pakistan demanded that he be killed in situ as a condition of agreeing to the operation.

Then having ensured it's him they dump his body at sea to ensure there is no martyred body for prolonged mourning and as a shrine for future jihadists.

This seems more plausible to me than the conspiracy theory alternatives at the minute.

I reckon Muhammad might disagree like. :D

Muhammed :rolleyes: he's just a plastic muslim. Good clip of him on youtube of him at Eldon Rec though from 1977.

:icon_lol: Not that Muhammad.

Genghis Khan wasn't a Muslim and there's absolutely no historical doubt that the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) existed. Thousands of accounts of his life exist, documented both by his allies and the people he converted and by his enemies among the nonbelievers of Mecca.

I honestly think that there will be little to no backlash in Muslim countries that are not already pits of terrorism (Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan.) Bin Laden was not loved in the Arab world, especially not in his homeland, and I don't think there's anyone who's not already an Islamist/terrorist who will be suddenly moved to embrace extremism because of the death of a lunatic who brought a bad name to Islam and Muslims in general.

Should've just stuck a spike up his arse and put him on display until the smell got too bad.

Some of the old ways are still the best ways.

FYP

No, I actually meant a pike. Even though they were normally reserved for heads.

Anyway, thank Christ the cunt is dead.

does actually. The whole thing has so many holes, he's been dead ages man.

Americans are so daft.

Apparently he was aided by father christmas and Neil Tennant from the Pet Shop Boys.

15984211.jpg

Yanks release pictures of Obama watching the kill go down......Not quite as hi-tec as it is on 24.

Should have filled the shot with lots of machines that go beeeeeep.

Fella in uniform in the middle clearly playing Command & Conquer.

15984211.jpg

Yanks release pictures of Obama watching the kill go down......Not quite as hi-tec as it is on 24.

Hilary supressing a giggle?

15984211.jpg

Hilary supressing a giggle?

They could be shocking new evidence of Bill getting a nosh off Monica. Also this pic I must have been hallucinating as I'm sure I saw a Wesley Snipes look a like in it the last time I saw it last night.

Anything that knocks the Royal wedding off the top of the agenda should be cause for celebration.

If they hadn't already buried the NHS cuts announcement under the royal wedding this would be a perfect foil.