Jose interview

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13268486.stm?

"I'm happy with that and I'm very happy here. I know there are a few difficult things at Newcastle, but we the players don't have to think about that.

"If I have to continue here [at Newcastle], I'm happy. If I have to go to another club, I'm happy in England. If I have to go to another league, I'm happy.

"I just want to play football - it's my life and it's best for me."

He off like.

I'd love to see him stay but from watchin that interview i think he's made it clear that he would be happy to run his contract down and intends on leaving at some point whether its this summer or next.

If he loves the club but does want to go, i dont blame him really but sign a new contract so we can get more money out of the deal and sell him to a team abroad.

"But a lot has changed. Before, we had players like Mark Viduka, and now we have players like Williamson and Perch - players who have played in the Championship and they fight to play in the Premier League."

:lol: jajajajajaja :D

Read the interview on the nufc blog site and read a comment made about if Jose is offered 50+ grand a week, he's gone because Ashley won't pay it (with reference to Carroll).

This may be controversial, but do you think it may be the case that Ashley felt Carroll was only one scrap away from a jail sentence and that he wasn't worth upping the wages for, and £35 mil is a lot for a twat. I would of thought that Ashley would be a massive Jose fan and might be willing to pay him more.

He has played terribly the last two games. Not the way you expect someone to be playing before opening up contract talks with the intention of signing in my opinion.

I would be incredibly suprised if he is still here come that start of next season.

What would you do if the choice was either

(a) re-sign him for 4 years on £75k per week, or

(:lol: sell him for £8m, buy 2 young defenders with the money both of whom would be on £25k per week.

I know what I would do. He is good on the ball, has a great first touch and is hard to disposess. He is not a great defender, often being caught out of position. He and Jose don't create an awful lot going forward. He is injury prone and that will only get worse. I would take the money.

As much as I hope he stays I think he is pretty much gone. If he really wanted to stay he could of said it in the interview. For me he can go anywhere just not Liverpool. Would be better if he went abroad but think he loves his cat and dog too much to bother with all the quarantine rules if he went abroad.

(:D sell him for £8m, buy 2 young defenders with the money both of whom would be on £25k per week.

I know what I would do. He is good on the ball, has a great first touch and is hard to disposess. He is not a great defender, often being caught out of position. He and Jose don't create an awful lot going forward. He is injury prone and that will only get worse. I would take the money.

He is absolutely a good defender like :lol: You'd be hard pushed finding a time when someone's got past him time and again this season. And he's far from injury prone either. Our left flank is generally our most effective one as well; if Guti was a better crosser, it would be a very good left side IMO.

yea thats what id do run the contract down sign a new one and maybe sell him at a higher price something thats going to be worth it

(:lol: sell him for £8m, buy 2 young defenders with the money both of whom would be on £25k per week.

Douche.

He's a far better defender than he is getting forward. His first touch isn't great, though he is hard to dispossess. I'll assume you mean 'He and Jonas' there, and ask if you've actually watched any Newcastle games? The majority of our possession is down our left hand side and together the two of them are very good at keeping possession and frustrating opposing teams into giving away free-kicks. Combined their crossing isn't fantastic, but they have still created a fair few goals. The amount of free-kicks and corners that we win down our left is massive. Add to that that we've scored quite a few off these sort of set pieces (largely when we had Carroll) and that shows their true value.

Two young defenders on 25k per week will be shit, there's no two ways about it. We already have enough shit defenders and certainly don't need any more to clog up our bench and reserve team. You may not be aware of this, but you can only have 11 players on the pitch so it doesn't really matter how many cheap, shit, average, or even semi-decent players you have in your team, if you can't field a premiership quality first 11 then you won't be in the premier league for long.

I, however have made a critical mistake by trying to make a point against a fucking idiot.

Edited by OzToonFan

He's a far better defender than he is getting forward. His first touch isn't great, though he is hard to dispossess. I'll assume you mean 'He and Jonas' there, and ask if you've actually watched any Newcastle games? The majority of our possession is down our left hand side and together the two of them are very good at keeping possession and frustrating opposing teams into giving away free-kicks. Combined their crossing isn't fantastic, but they have still created a fair few goals. The amount of free-kicks and corners that we win down our left is massive. Add to that that we've scored quite a few off these sort of set pieces (largely when we had Carroll) and that shows their true value.

Two young defenders on 25k per week will be shit, there's no two ways about it. We already have enough shit defenders and certainly don't need any more to clog up our bench and reserve team. You may not be aware of this, but you can only have 11 players on the pitch so it doesn't really matter how many cheap, shit, average, or even semi-decent players you have in your team, if you can't field a premiership quality first 11 then you won't be in the premier league for long.

I, however have made a critical mistake by trying to make a point against a fucking idiot.

I suspect I have seen a few more Toon games than you. He is not a great defender - count the number of times his winger ducks in front of him on right wing crosses into the box. He is a good defender though.

I appreciate that you can only have 11 players on the pitch. You do need a squad of 22/24 decent players. We currently have about 14 Premiership standard players. Which is one of the reasons he wants away. That is why 2 ambitious hungry defenders for 1 defender who doesn't particularly fancy another season with us would be a good swap.

There's always good arguments to be made about selling successful players for big fees and replacing them with 'two for one' and getting a bigger squad, but a look through history will tell you big fees get diluted over time by signing sub-standard players and then the fee is gone. Put simply, if Jose's or Carroll's direct replacements are inferior to them then we are worse off as a team. If other players in the club or prospective players see this it doesn't bode well as far as re-negotiating deals go. Generally speaking, when you sell your better players you end up a worse team. It isn't the fucking Krypton Factor.

Thanks for the early heads up. I now know to ignore every post you ever write about NUFC :D