Connor Wickham

KeithJ

This scouse is an emotional little cheeky irrelevant chappy. Luke Edwards is a dickhead, and to be fair he was the first one who made a cheeky remark, he's still licking his wounds after I called him an Ashley sympathising arsehole, and his pathetic responses reinforce my belief the British journalistic world is shit. I made a good point about Thomson House being too scared to voice a proper opinion for fear of being banned, and that's it.

To be fair it's voicing an opinion, the same way you did with CT the other day and that was well before CT had said anything directly to you.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright man, cool your beans. I was making an observation, not being overtly critical. :)

Personally I don't believe you should have London/South East journalists working for a Newcastle paper talking about football. Mind North Shields based ones aren't much better.

Alright man, cool your beans. I was making an observation, not being overtly critical. :)

Personally I don't believe you should have London/South East journalists working for a Newcastle paper talking about football. Mind North Shields based ones aren't much better.

Really, how so? most sports journalists are terrible, I agree, I only read articles by Sid Lowe, Hugh_McIlvanney, Jonathan Wilson and Kevin Mitchell. Most other prose on sport is pretty damn poor to be fair.

I also don't get why you should not have a journalist from south of tyneside because they don't know the area. That is just a little unfair. most of the writers from the area (anal oliver and the more recent lad) aren't fit to write decent prose. nowhere near good enough.....

Really, how so? most sports journalists are terrible, I agree, I only read articles by Sid Lowe, Hugh_McIlvanney, Jonathan Wilson and Kevin Mitchell. Most other prose on sport is pretty damn poor to be fair.

I also don't get why you should not have a journalist from south of tyneside because they don't know the area. That is just a little unfair. most of the writers from the area (anal oliver and the more recent lad) aren't fit to write decent prose. nowhere near good enough.....

The bloke "Edwards" had no grasp of what the club is and was. How the fuck could you coming from Haringey or other such shitholes. His support of Ashley borders on astonishing. Imagine Mick Dennis or Martin Samuel writing for the EC, just wouldn't happen and wouldn't work.

The mackems have just signed Dongwon to go with Wickham. Might be a good deal for them as well.

Young legs, bit of pace....much like ameobi and lovenkrands who are figuring in pardoo's plans for us. FFS.

He wanted to go to Liverpool - do you think he's good enough to get there eventually or is he stuck on wearside :)

Hopefully the former.

If he helps us to a good season or two and then a bigger club comes in for him and pays a substantial amount then I think we will all wish the lad well, hopefully he figures a lot in the England set-up too, about time the national team started to blood more youngsters. There's only really Wilshere and Carroll been brought into the squad since last year's World Cup humiliation.

Gardner has signed too, really happy with that one, we've been lacking a goalscoring threat from midfield but with him and Sessegnon in there then hopefully we won't need to splash out really big money on another centre-forward.

The defence needs sorted out then I think we're ready.

Would you not say a team with Bent, Henderson*, Onuoha & Welbeck is better than what you currently have? I.e last seasons team?

*I don't rate too much but you guys raved about him.

Out of the four listed I'd only really like Bent and Welbeck back.

Onuoha started like a house on fire and his form culminated in that wonder goal against Chelsea in November, since then he has been utter turd and would I fuck pay the £8m City have reportedly quoted for him.

I'm hopeful we'll maybe get Welbeck on loan again for a season from United.

Regarding Henderson, I'm with you Tom.

The lad has potential but I'm unsure whethere he will fulfill it, he was absolute turd for about 70% of games last season. He blew hot and cold, £20m is a ridiculous transfer fee and I think we've mugged the Scouser's off to be honest.

Yeh - to think Nasri is about to go for the same fee is insane! Nasri is 3 years older but he must be ten times the footballer.

Man City fan's don't even seem to be that bothered about signing him either, which is a sign of how times have changed. If we signed a player like Nasri i drown in me aan jizz

Out of the four listed I'd only really like Bent and Welbeck back.

Onuoha started like a house on fire and his form culminated in that wonder goal against Chelsea in November, since then he has been utter turd and would I fuck pay the £8m City have reportedly quoted for him.

I'm hopeful we'll maybe get Welbeck on loan again for a season from United.

Regarding Henderson, I'm with you Tom.

The lad has potential but I'm unsure whethere he will fulfill it, he was absolute turd for about 70% of games last season. He blew hot and cold, £20m is a ridiculous transfer fee and I think we've mugged the Scouser's off to be honest.

Depending which papers you read the fee was only 16 million and Comolli had this to say on the deal.

Comolli said, “On the fee, I’ve read and heard a lot of things. There was a lot of speculation on how much we would pay for Jordan and none of the figures I’ve seen are correct so far. We’ve paid a price that we are comfortable with, otherwise we would not have done the deal.”

Not that it matters if he does well. If he flops it's an expensive mistake whether it was 16 mill or 20.

From what I can make out FSG want to bring the wage bill down. In their eyes we we have enough mature players on high wages, and they want to bring in youngsters with potential but lower wages. They're all about long term. We just have to get rid of Cole, Poulson, Konchesky, and Jovanovic. Wouldn't be surprised if we had to send them out on loan and pay half their wages.

Yeh - to think Nasri is about to go for the same fee is insane! Nasri is 3 years older but he must be ten times the footballer.

to put it into perspective though, supposedly Nasri’s got one year on his contract and Man City are offering him £195k a week.

Nasri is top class like.