The NUFC Summer Search for Strikers Station

Kuqi's on his way out.

Newcastle United striker Shefki Kuqi admits that his future at the Premier League club is up in the air.

The veteran striker was brought in to bolster the Magpies' forward line following the departure of Andy Carroll in January.

Yet since his arrival on Tyneside the 34-year-old has made only a few cameo appearances off the bench without finding the target.

With the season winding down Kuqi's attention will soon turn to finding a club to ply his trade next season.

When asked about his future the striker told the Evening Chronicle: "To be perfectly honest, I haven't had a chat about it.

"We have to take things step by step and finish the season. Whatever happens after that, I don't know."

Despite the uncertainty surrounding his future Kuqi insists he is committed to finishing off the season in impressive fashion.

The journeyman striker admits that he would love to cap off the campaign at St James' Park with a goal.

"I just hope the season doesn't finish without me scoring," he added.

"There are two games left at home and we're looking to get maximum points.

"We showed against Man United that if we're at our best, and on form, we can give anybody a game.

"If you're going to try to progress, you have to get the maximum points from the teams around you."

Carlton Cole is surely on his way in.

NEWCASTLE United were today linked with a fresh move for West Ham and England striker Carlton Cole.

The Magpies enquired about the 27-year-old on transfer deadline night in the aftermath of Andy Carroll’s sale to Liverpool.

And the Chronicle understands that the Hammers will offer Cole to a host of Premier League sides again this summer.

West Ham could be as good as relegated this weekend if they lose at home to Blackburn Rovers and Blackpool or Wigan record victories.

West Ham co-owner David Gold confirmed today that there will be a fire sale at Upton Park with other England internationals also up for grabs.

Gold said: “It’s unrealistic to ask an England player to come down and play in the Championship.

“It impacts on his career.

“Would I try to stop them? Of course I would try, but you would have a one in 10 chance.”

United manager Alan Pardew signed Cole for West Ham in 2006.

Pardew left Upton Park later that season following a takeover in the East End by Eggert Magnusson.

The Hammers will also offer Scott Parker, Robert Green and Matthew Upson to top-flight clubs.

Can't wait...

What about this Ricky Van Wolfswinkel fella, everyone was raving about him at the beginning of the season. He isn't particularly prolific (for a Dutch League striker) but had decent stats in Europe. For a 22 year old, if we could gut him for no more than a couple million, could be worth a shout. Better than spending a dime on Carlton Cole.

Were going to have the laziest, most offside striking partnership in the whole of history if we play Shola and Carlton Cole upfront

I'd rather have Carlton from the Fresh Prince than Carlton Cole tbh

:(

He doesn't fit the model, he's old and reasonably expensive. Fingers crossed that rules him out.

Don't think age plays a part with this lot, no matter what the say. They'll try everything they can to get him for as cheap as possible, if not, they'll move on to someone equally shit. Probably Bothroyd.

Cole is the expensive, shit decoy.

Once eveyone gets het up about not wanting him and we sign someone cheap and mediocre, it is seen as 'not as bad' as opposed being first linked with a superstar.

Were going to have the laziest, most offside striking partnership in the whole of history if we play Shola and Carlton Cole upfront

fresh03.jpg

He's a fatty!

The likes of Jason Roberts would do the same job for a fraction of the fee probably, I just can't see what Cole brings to the table.

Cole, Baggio, Bergkamp, Ferdinand, Shearer, Ronaldo, Kluivert, Owen - these were all strikers we either signed or seriously looked at the possibility of signing them in our life times. Now we're going to have to be grateful for Carlton Cole. It's one of these buys you just KNOW FOR A FACT, that it's not going to work out but we're still going to do it. The last time I was more certain of someone flopping was when Souness took over from Sir Bobby. 9 COLE :( shame he's not fit to wipe the arse of the last one to have that on his shirt.

I just don't know who we can sign to be honest, but please not him. I don't know who would want to come here who's really class. I'd love Llorente, but he's going to want to play for a CL team, and this Gervinho who I personally think is pish has turned his nose up at us, let him. I honest to god think we should go for someone who's about 32 or 33 like Drogba, who is rumoured to be leaving Chelsea, cos that's the best we can do, there's no really top 22-28 year old going to want to come and play up front for us.

Edit I'd rather fuckin Kuqi signed a 5 year deal than us get this N'Gog, an embarrassment of a player.

Edited by McFaul

fresh03.jpg

He's a fatty!

He'd still be more mobile than Carlton Cole tbh

And It annoys me aswell that were aiming for strikers that have been relegated than strikers that would kick us onto another level, thats the state were in were we wont spend the money on players that will help us kick on and improve, and if that doesnt happen then we can say bye to the players we have that are keeping us in the position we are. ie Barton, Enrique, Colo, Jonas etc

How anyone can say that this summer is gonna be all fine and dandy is beyond me, the signs are there to see that we are yet again on another downward spiral

Carlton Cole is fucking shit. Absolutely nailed on that Pardew will want to sign him, the stupid twat. The only thing I hope and pray is that he's too expensive for our bargain bin hunting owner.

Carlton Cole. Carlton fucking Cole. The very thought of him in black and white makes me want to shit on Pardew's car.

fresh03.jpg

He's a fatty!

He's aboot the same size as me. He's not a fatty. Fresh prince or Mike Williamson? Fresh prince every day.

Being realistic I would take Samba,Ba,Jarvis,Sturridge(wishful thinking),Elmander,Larrsson,Santa Cruz. All within a sensible budget I would have thought but Sturridge could cost quite a bit but he's worth 5 Carlton Coles

fuck me, two pages on C COLE. well now we know how liverpool fans were feeling when they used to get linked with him when hodgson was in charge. :( i think his only every scored two goals in a game once in his whole career

What about this Ricky Van Wolfswinkel fella, everyone was raving about him at the beginning of the season. He isn't particularly prolific (for a Dutch League striker) but had decent stats in Europe. For a 22 year old, if we could gut him for no more than a couple million, could be worth a shout. Better than spending a dime on Carlton Cole.
you are not going to get Ricky Van Wolfswinkel for a few million. he would cost a good part of 8 -10m.

you are not going to get Ricky Van Wolfswinkel for a few million. he would cost a good part of 8 -10m.

Richard Van Dogscock, we should snap him up if the opportunity arises :(