Brief stints at clubs you forgot about

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hernandez has scored against some decent teams France, Spain, Argentina.

So fuck.

If he can do it against countries like that he'll probably be banging 5 in against the lesser Caribbean teams. Already has 14 in 23 games, most them probably as a sub.

Hernandez has scored against some decent teams France, Spain, Argentina.

So fuck.

If he can do it against countries like that he'll probably be banging 5 in against the lesser Caribbean teams. Already has 14 in 23 games, most them probably as a sub.

Aye, but if someone can score against big teams too it's impressive. Take Donovan and Dempsey, amazing for America both in major competitions and in Carribean teams... and i'd take either of them any day

Ricardo Lopez Felipe the keeper who signed for Man U about 6-7 years ago and played one game for them

Massimo Taibi was another keeper they signed to be the next Schmeichel. Wore tracky-b's and let a tame shot go through his legs. Never heard of again.

Think he played two games and in one of them, he was class so he was actually 50:50 with regards to the quality of his performances.

'The Blind Venetian' as he was dubbed. Played more than two games for the rags though Shirley?

That's 6 games too many.

He had the odd game where he was mint though. Portsmouth home, and Derby away spring to mind when we won 2-1.

* we sang ooh ahh Franzie Carr, before Cantona had even signed for t'Leeds.

Edited by McFaul

That's 6 games too many.

He had the odd game where he was mint though. Portsmouth home, and Derby away spring to mind when we won 2-1.

He had a couple of good games for us aye but I cant see how that would have translated to Serie A form. :lol:

The rags had it for "Ooh Aah Paul McGrath" originally btw.

That's 6 games too many.

He had a couple of good games for us aye but I cant see how that would have translated to Serie A form. :lol:

I thought it was Villa who sang that, and was it not on the back of some 1991 hip hop track. He was away from Man Utd by then.

That's 6 games too many.

I thought it was Villa who sang that, and was it not on the back of some 1991 hip hop track. He was away from Man Utd by then.

Nah it was Man U much as it pains me to give them the credit for anything. I must have missed the hip hop track completely mind. Unless you're thinking of 'Oops upside your head' which must've been the late 70's rather than 1991 :razz:

Allan Simonsen signing for Charlton from Barcelona was a weird one to get your head round as a bairn.

Former European player of the year iirc or did I make that up?

Guest alex
Allan Simonsen signing for Charlton from Barcelona was a weird one to get your head round as a bairn.

Former European player of the year iirc or did I make that up?

No, he was indeed. Charlton were about as fashionable as they are now as well.

Christophe Dugarry at Birmingham....possibly the most talented player to play at any of the Brum clubs, certainly in the last 20 years....and possibly ever?

Was mint for them, I think he scored at SJP when Sir Bob was manager...did they sneak a one nil?...mustve been the season we finsished fourth..

He got a two year contract on the back of some great displays then promptly did fuck all ever again for them :lol:

Say oooo, ahhh, Paul McGrath :razz:

I think you will find Dalian Atkinson wipes the floor with Dugarry

Christophe Dugarry at Birmingham....possibly the most talented player to play at any of the Brum clubs, certainly in the last 20 years....and possibly ever?

Was mint for them, I think he scored at SJP when Sir Bob was manager...did they sneak a one nil?...mustve been the season we finsished fourth..

He got a two year contract on the back of some great displays then promptly did fuck all ever again for them :lol:

Say oooo, ahhh, Paul McGrath :razz:

I think you will find Dalian Atkinson wipes the floor with Dugarry

Ginola wipes the floor with all of them.

David Kelly and Chris Waddle both briefly turning out for the Mackems.

Justin Fashanu played a game for us (away to Peterborough in the League Cup 91/92 season I think? He had some jewellry pinched from the changing room).

Franck Dumas signed for us, then f*cked off a few games into the season.

Andy Carroll played for Preston.