Brief stints at clubs you forgot about

The other day I suddenly remembered that Henrik Larsson played for Man United for a brief time and for some reason it totally slipped my memory. Then I remembered Ronny Johnson's brief stint as a Toon player. So, who can you remember signing for clubs for very brief times, that in retrospect, seem weird and out of place?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other day I suddenly remembered that Henrik Larsson played for Man United for a brief time and for some reason it totally slipped my memory. Then I remembered Ronny Johnson's brief stint as a Toon player. So, who can you remember signing for clubs for very brief times, that in retrospect, seem weird and out of place?

I had completely forgotten about him. :icon_lol:

Mancini's 4 games at Leicester people forget about. Futre at West Ham too, literally one of the best Portuguese players in history. Paul Bodin for us people forget about. He missed a pen for Wales in 93 that would've seen them go to USA 94 had it went in.

I can't even remember his name but we signed a defender a couple of years back who I don't think ever played. Someone mentioned him the other day but I have forgotten his name already, he might have been Senegalese..?

Well you did say "you forgot about".

I can't even remember his name but we signed a defender a couple of years back who I don't think ever played. Someone mentioned him the other day but I have forgotten his name already, he might have been Senegalese..?

Lamine Diatta :icon_lol: Played 9 minutes.

Lamine Diatta :icon_lol: Played 9 minutes.

That's it :blush:

Someone mentioned him and I didn't have a clue, took a while for my brain to click.

Was it Unsworth who signed with Villa for a day?

:) Aye, because "he didn't realise Birmingham was so far away"

Think I remember his missus kicking off alright.

Ginola and Gazza at Everton was an odd one.

Was it Unsworth who signed with Villa for a day?

:) Aye, because "he didn't realise Birmingham was so far away"

He signed because he and his wife thought Birmingham was where Bolton is. Never underestimate how thick footballers are. If Deadman was a footballer, and he went on a footballers edition of the weakest link, he'd easily get to the final.

George Weah at Man City.