New Boiler Cost?

ajax_andy

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

as if this board couldn't get anymore middle aged - a thread on new boilers ffs. 

aye, but does anyone know how much one would cost? :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, strawb said:

A new boiler is about £1400, depending on how big you need it to be. Not including fitting.

British Gas charge about the same to fit it.

The bastards

3 hours ago, strawb said:

A new boiler is about £1400, depending on how big you need it to be. Not including fitting.

We're not getting a range then? :sad:

• Haha 2

I noticed a company called Boxt that do monthly payments with no up front cost of a new boiler. Get servicing and parts lobbed in as well over the term.

Not delved too much into it as don't have any boiler issues at mo but might we worth a look.

Edit: Just noticed Strawbz mentioned them as well.

Edited by Holden McGroin

I've looked at them - it's a bit like a car pcp deal - you don't own the boiler at any point unless you cover the full price. 

Bloke's here at the moment so I'll know soon what the outcome will be. 

Currently have British Gas ripping up floorboards trying to find a leak.

Our boiler is emptying itself within 20 minutes of filling. 

We’ve exhausted all options bar tearing up the kitchen floor at this point. 

Fuckitty fuck arse shit piss cunt. 

And bollocks. 

• Sad 2
  • Jaysus... 2

14 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Currently have British Gas ripping up floorboards trying to find a leak.

Our boiler is emptying itself within 20 minutes of filling. 

We’ve exhausted all options bar tearing up the kitchen floor at this point. 

Fuckitty fuck arse shit piss cunt. 

And bollocks. 

That's a cunt. If BG weren't there I'd check if it isn't all venting outside but I'm guessing you and they have checked that already?

That's shit MF, stuff like this can be really stressful. 

I had a BG service last week and although everything is tickety boo (should be, the whole system is only 3 years old) we failed the service because THOSE CUNTS AT EDF WON'T GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER OVER MY SMART METER.  Beyond a joke now like, we had to get a new smart meter installed when we did the rennovation, and it has never worked. So the BG engineer could't verify the gas flow, hence the fail. Worse, we literally have no idea what we are using and haven't been billed for over a year, which in the current climate, is stressful. Had 3 people out, say the meter is fine, but it still won't connect. We've escalated our complaint as far as we can within the company, they ignore all complaints by e-mail. Impossible to get through to anyone remotely competent. Oh yeah, they also said they would put up our DD up to £850 per MONTH without explaining on what basis. 

So anyway, we want to leave EDF. However, am I right in understanding smart meters only work for the company who installed them? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Of course, nowt’s straightforward- been in this house since 2018, new boiler last January with a 5 year warranty. 

The warranty is registered under our previous address for some reason, and changing it, which you’d think would be easy, is not.…

… because of “the system”. :lol:

Which means that the leak detection team will be given the old address to go to. 

Fuck me with a rusty stick. 

• Jaysus... 2

Modern life. By rights we should be well on the way to having stress free lives, with technology having ssorted out all our problems. No work, no money, sipping blue synthahol cocktail, getting noshed off by filfthy Romulans (maybe). 

Instead NOTHING FUCKING WORKS the way its supposed to. Fuck technology, bring back paper bills charged in sixpence pieces and meat delivered by the butcher boy. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

That's shit MF, stuff like this can be really stressful. 

I had a BG service last week and although everything is tickety boo (should be, the whole system is only 3 years old) we failed the service because THOSE CUNTS AT EDF WON'T GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER OVER MY SMART METER.  Beyond a joke now like, we had to get a new smart meter installed when we did the rennovation, and it has never worked. So the BG engineer could't verify the gas flow, hence the fail. Worse, we literally have no idea what we are using and haven't been billed for over a year, which in the current climate, is stressful. Had 3 people out, say the meter is fine, but it still won't connect. We've escalated our complaint as far as we can within the company, they ignore all complaints by e-mail. Impossible to get through to anyone remotely competent. Oh yeah, they also said they would put up our DD up to £850 per MONTH without explaining on what basis. 

So anyway, we want to leave EDF. However, am I right in understanding smart meters only work for the company who installed them? 

Not any more. Mine was installed by British Gas and EON are now getting the readings. This is just a recent thing though.

On a side note I can't get a compatible IHD to work with mine but there is a free app called IVIE which gives me costings and usage retrospectively every 24 hrs.

• Like 1