Things you were right about

ChezGiven

The Feyenoord game in the CL- a bunch of us watched it my pals house. They were all doom and gloom and nervous, I knew we'd win, and said so well before kick off.

It wasn't one of those lucky guesses, I was absolutlely certain we'd win, when it went 2-2 everyone else was kicking off and shouting at the telly, as you do, but I had this zen calm.

I just said " Calm down man, we'll win"

Never been so sure of a game's outcome before or since.

(Whenever we watch matches at my mates, she still insists I sit in the same place as that night. Never works).

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Leazes, the score so far is

Parky - 1

Stevie - 356781

Craig - 1

Gemmill - 2

Said we'd finish 12th as well. That one still in play.

Said we'd finish 11th Sunderland 9th - I think that could well be it as well sadly. Got the top 4 right as well.

Toon connected things I was right about:

We'd piss the Championship - we did

We wouldn't concede against Man Utd - we didn't

We'd win against the Mackems by 4 clear goals or more - we did

Broke the news weeks before the event that Pardew was taking over from Hughton

Peasepud has had a lot right as well.

Leighton Baines? :)

I was right about Ameobi being better than Ranger. Shola was getting widely slated on here and people were stating that Ranger should start ahead of him. I defended Ameobi - bear in mind that we know for a fact many of the players read these boards - and he went on to score a last minute winner against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the 4-3 and also put in a incendiary performance against the Mackems topped off with an extraordinary goal. Ranger also continued to be markedly shitter than Ameobi.

First time I took Mrs. Fist up the Tradesmen's I said

" This might smart at first"

Can I have another point Chez?

:)

Not convinced by any of this like. Strikes me that anyone who takes the scatter gun approach could win by trying to predict everything possible. For instance, Parky could get a point for both saying we have never been to the moon and also we have beeen to Jupiter with the help of aliens. We need some kind of negative marking system - if adopted I suspect the board leaders would get a net of zero just like me. :)

Come on Leazes, the score so far is

Parky - 1

Stevie - 356781

Craig - 1

Gemmill - 2

No way is Gemmil getting two points for that. All he has listed is background information that was all readily available from the "introduce yourself to the forum" thread.

Great thread though Chez and I have loads to contribute after the pub.

You didn't announce that you were a fucking dickhead in the introduce yourself to the forum thread.

Gemmill should be deducted at least 20 points for saying Smith would be a quality signing, and that Owen was still world class.

Gemmill should be deducted at least 20 points for saying Smith would be a quality signing, and that Owen was still world class.

And that Souness would be great. In fact eliminate Gemmill ffs.

First time I took Mrs. Fist up the Tradesmen's I said

" This might smart at first"

Can I have another point Chez?

Not convinced by any of this like. Strikes me that anyone who takes the scatter gun approach could win by trying to predict everything possible. For instance, Parky could get a point for both saying we have never been to the moon and also we have beeen to Jupiter with the help of aliens. We need some kind of negative marking system - if adopted I suspect the board leaders would get a net of zero just like me. :)

Scatter gun…

Were you hiding in the closet you perv?

And that Souness would be great. In fact eliminate Gemmill ffs.

Cast iron case has been produced against Gemma I'm afraid. :)

Parky also started a thread on N-O I think saying Smith would be our most important player

Not as good as saying we'd finish above Arsenal. :)

Parky also started a thread on N-O I think saying Smith would be our most important player

Not as good as saying we'd finish above Arsenal. :)

A thread which has legend status. :)