smoggeordie

Just heard one of my mates from school has been killed in a motorbike accident in Thailand. Massive shock to the system. I've had old relatives die before and known of people who have died who have been my age, but this is the first time i've actually had someone who I used to be really good friends with die. I'm gutted. Lovely kid and a cracking centre back as well.

Really puts life/exams/football into perspective when this happens. :lol:

horrible that, RIP

but as you say it really puts everything else in perspective and should inspire us to live life to the full

about 5 people this year that I've been close to in the past or still am have got cancer this year

horrible that, RIP

but as you say it really puts everything else in perspective and should inspire us to live life to the full

Im not sure it does, maybe riding a motorbike in Thailand could be classed as living life to the full.

RIP to this kid though

Just heard one of my mates from school has been killed in a motorbike accident in Thailand. Massive shock to the system. I've had old relatives die before and known of people who have died who have been my age, but this is the first time i've actually had someone who I used to be really good friends with die. I'm gutted. Lovely kid and a cracking centre back as well.

Really puts life/exams/football into perspective when this happens. :lol:

Terrible crack that Nick. Hope it wasn't the Sheff Wed fan I met. Terrible for someone so young to die in those circumstances, well in any circumstances. When I was in Thailand no one on a bike wears a crash helmet, and the drivers are dicey as fuck. Terribly sad news, feel sorry for his parents too. Soz to hear about your loss mate.

Sorry to hear that - RIP. Sounds an awful way to go.

It's really sobering when it's someone your age. A lad I went to school with died on holiday when we were 18 and I thought it was terrible, and that was without being a particularly close friend of his. Someone else I went to school with died last week and again it was such a shock just for the fact it was sudden and she was only my age.

condolences SG

it's difficult when unexpected, had a mate die in an accident when i was fresh out of highschool. it seemed surreal when i found out, i didn't cry or even seem affected by it at all, until the funeral and his sister said her goodbye. i was a mess after that.