Gutierrez off in the Summer?

Christmas Tree

it's not like anyone didn't see this coming with enriques news, with any of the spanish contingent going the rest will follow suit.

be surprised if Enqirue/Jonas/Colo were all here next year.

Three good players whi doubt would be replaced by better quality

If we could bring N'Zogbia in, I wouldn't be too fussed about Jonas going.

Although once again, it will do absolutely nothing in terms of the depth of our already poor squad.

it's not like anyone didn't see this coming with enriques news, with any of the spanish contingent going the rest will follow suit.

be surprised if Enqirue/Jonas/Colo were all here next year.

Three good players whi doubt would be replaced by better quality

stop moaning man

He simply said that he'd like to play in Serie A one day, to complete the 'treble' of playing in the world's top 3 leagues.

Absolutely nothing to suggest that his mind has been made up and that he wants to leave, or that anyone is linked with him.

He simply said that he'd like to play in Serie A one day, to complete the 'treble' of playing in the world's top 3 leagues.

Absolutely nothing to suggest that his mind has been made up and that he wants to leave, or that anyone is linked with him.

Your joking surely? :lol:

Why do you think he's expressing this desire now? To Alert Italian clubs to his availibility.

"I'm happy to see out my last two years".

He knows fine well any sensible club will cash in this summer while his contract still warrants a decent fee.

No worry though, Zog at left back, lualua at left wing and Fergie on the bench......Sorted.

I think if Enrique goes Jonas and Colo will be next. They all seem very close off the field and they all have ambitions to win things. Don't get me wrong I am not saying we are never going to win anything but sometimes I think you can't blame players if they want to leave us as do the current board really have any ambition for us to win trophies and such? If they go it will be a loss in my opinion but I would be more worried about who would replace them, as don't have much faith in Pardew's transfer targets and even on Ashley splashing the cash!

It will be interesting to see the reaction of people like Christmas Tree when Jonas does leave and it suddenly becomes obvious that the young players we have like Lua Lua and Ferguson aren't in the same class and all of a sudden we have no one that frightens the opposition and we are all too easily played out of a game.

We won't sign a replacement and the squad will be weakened. I have no doubt about that!

Jonas is never injured. He carries the ball out of the defence regularly relieving pressure and wins free kicks & corners often.

Look around the PL, there isn't a huge amount of left wingers who you'd swap him for.

Why do you think he's expressing this desire now? To Alert Italian clubs to his availibility.

He knows fine well any sensible club will cash in this summer while his contract still warrants a decent fee.

You Negative Nancy.

No worry though, Zog at left back, lualua at left wing and Fergie on the bench......Sorted.

fuck off man :lol:

Gotta take the positives from any sales of players in the summer .

With previous sales we're all aware of the 're-invested into the club' promise so haway, no need to bust a swinger eh lads ?

Their word is their bond and im sure any monies will be put back into the club. To that effect, we must surely look forward ?

If it is 'adios' and money comes into the club, does that mean BigBelt has eyes on turning all the escalators back on in the Milburn for 2011/12 ?

The Enrique money's already been ring-fenced to crank up the undersoil heating at the training ground to warp factor +1'C for next winter i've heard too . :lol:

fuck off man :lol:

I hate to say this....

but.....

It will be interesting to see the reaction of people like Christmas Tree when Jonas does leave and it suddenly becomes obvious that the young players we have like Lua Lua and Ferguson aren't in the same class and all of a sudden we have no one that frightens the opposition and we are all too easily played out of a game.

We won't sign a replacement and the squad will be weakened. I have no doubt about that!

As Ugly Mackems suggested earlier, Jonas wont be that great a miss. Has put a few good performances of late, but overall has disappointed and failed to deliver time and time again.

I hope we start next year with wing men who have the ability to get crosses straight in rather than fanny'ing around on the wing.

CT. N'Zogbia is not a left back. He only ever played there as cover and was useless.

He has been playing as a winger or behind the striker since he left and is playing well. Hence the interest in getting him back.

Ben Arfa or Krul should be left back. They're left footed after all. :lol:

As Ugly Mackems suggested earlier, Jonas wont be that great a miss. Has put a few good performances of late, but overall has disappointed and failed to deliver time and time again.

I hope we start next year with wing men who have the ability to get crosses straight in rather than fanny'ing around on the wing.

Admittedly Jonas delivery regularly disappoints but you are missing the other aspects of his game (something that most people who don't get to the games often do) such as those Barney mentions.

I'm not suggesting hes world class or anything but you're living in a fantasy land if you think Lualua or Ferguson (two players who as yet have never started a premiership game in that position or even regularly came off the bench) are going to come in and be better than him. And when was the last time, under the current regime, we sold a player in any position and used the money to bring in a replacement of superior quality?

I do understand the points barbet raises about the other aspects of his game, however I don't think they compensate for his lack of end product.

However given his recent improvement, I would still rather have him at the club next season, however I think his press interview makes his exit a formality.

With regard and Ferguson, all we can do is wait and see, but I'm fairly confident they will both do well next season.

For me we've seen players like ferguson come and go without ever making an impact (Alan O'Brien anyone?). Time will tell but personally I don't have much expectation.

Back on Jonas, he's the only player we have who can take on his man and get at the opposition. He may not score or directly assist as many as we'd want but without his play I guarantee you we'd have scored a lot less.

I do understand the points barbet raises about the other aspects of his game, however I don't think they compensate for his lack of end product.

However given his recent improvement, I would still rather have him at the club next season, however I think his press interview makes his exit a formality.

With regard and Ferguson, all we can do is wait and see, but I'm fairly confident they will both do well next season.

Honestly CT, left wing(and left back) is one of the hardest places to get decent players. Look at some of the players we've had there in recent years, Glass, Speed, Viana(I know), Robert, Ginola, Duff, Giorgiadis, Elliott(!), O'Brien, Zog.

There's decent players there but each had without their flaws. As I mentioned, there arent many quality left wingers knocking about that have everything. Drenthe looks a decent player whenever I've seen him, but he's crackers. Jarvis & Hoilett look pretty good. I've mentioned this elsewhere but Jonas would had benefited from competition for his place.

Anyway, there's far more pressing areas that need strengthening, like right back & striker.

CT mate, you have to appreciate that a lot of the time Jonas' end product is a corner, or a free-kick earned. You're generally going to get better delivery from a set-piece than you will from an in-play cross. Even still his crossing is not as bad as is generally made out. He's provided 4 direct assists this season, and countless indirectly through free-kicks and corners, plus his 2 goals. His real value is as a player who cany run at defenders and pull opposing sides out of shape making more space for our other players and maintaining width that we're otherwise lacking. If you look at our side he's basically the only player who can break out of our own half on the dribble and beat defenders. There's plenty more value in that than the average Joe supporter realises.

I don't think some people understand what it would cost to replace him, especially when you consider his excellent injury record. There's zillions of players out there who may be able to technically cross more consistently but if they never get in the position to do so, what's the point?

You make out like it's a done deal him leaving, but the truth of the matter is if the club showed any ambition and retained players like Enrique then it would be no problems getting Jonas to sign a new deal. The fact that he's even coming out in the media is testament to the precarious situation the club is in in terms of player retainment much more than it is a sign that Jonas simply wants to go.

CT mate, you have to appreciate that a lot of the time Jonas' end product is a corner, or a free-kick earned. You're generally going to get better delivery from a set-piece than you will from an in-play cross. Even still his crossing is not as bad as is generally made out. He's provided 4 direct assists this season, and countless indirectly through free-kicks and corners, plus his 2 goals. His real value is as a player who cany run at defenders and pull opposing sides out of shape making more space for our other players and maintaining width that we're otherwise lacking. If you look at our side he's basically the only player who can break out of our own half on the dribble and beat defenders. There's plenty more value in that than the average Joe supporter realises.

I don't think some people understand what it would cost to replace him, especially when you consider his excellent injury record. There's zillions of players out there who may be able to technically cross more consistently but if they never get in the position to do so, what's the point?

You make out like it's a done deal him leaving, but the truth of the matter is if the club showed any ambition and retained players like Enrique then it would be no problems getting Jonas to sign a new deal. The fact that he's even coming out in the media is testament to the precarious situation the club is in in terms of player retainment much more than it is a sign that Jonas simply wants to go.

Bottom line is that when a player comes out and say he wants to play in Italy in two years time at the end of his contract, the writings on the wall.

I appreciate some of the things your saying about Jonas but I and a lot of others just find him (last couple of performances apart) a very frustrating player. How often do you see us catching people on the break with a ball out to the wing and a cross into the box? Thats usually because rather than being out on the wing, Jonas is deep in our half collecting the ball. His runs usually take so long to achieve anything the moment is gone.

Im also sick of seeing Newcastle over the years relying on one wing or the other. When Nobby was there every move came down the right and now we rely on the left. I wonder when the last time was we had a sustained period of wing play down both sides. (One for the Stevies).

I really do get those of you who love Jonas, but Im hoping to see a more direct wing play next season.