Shola

Christmas Tree

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I am. Ashley isn't going to spend and like it or lump it Shola is an important player - at 9 goals he's second only to Nolan. I'm posting on my phone after a long trip so i wont go into intricate details but you're either an idiot or a w.u.m and only you know which.

Personally I hope there is some way to finally get rid of him this summer.

Not sure how his contract stands but with incomings expected he will be surplus to requirements. Dont even want him there as cover.

he'll be number 1 striker in August

What happened to team positive?

Tom's kinda right, but if you don't know which it's the former.

He's a half decent striker, certainly good enough to be a squad player for us and certainly cares about the club. In my opinion there's no point in getting rid of him; we'd get no money and we'd not find a player with a better song

CT is just clearly on the wind-up, yet again. It's tedious as fuck :D

Edit Here's a thought though, has Shola passed the tipping point and become a sort of cult figure at Newcastle? He's not great and there've been times where I've sworn bloody murder at him, but now? I kind of love him :lol: Him, with his gangly legs and inability to sprint. But he scored at the Nou Camp, he's never missed a competitive penalty for us, he's missed when anyone's nan could score and he's scored when everyone expected him to spack it into the crowd. Facing off with Wise on his home debut, playing in a Zorro mask... I'm telling you, ten years after his retirement (if he ever retires) we'#ll miss him!

Edited by The Fish

He's crap the majority of the time but Ashley will not be buying us 4 new strikers so we can't really afford to get rid of Shola or Best, in an ideal world those 2 will be back up but only Ashley knows if that's going to happen at the moment.

Not sure how his contract stands but with incomings expected he will be surplus to requirements. Dont even want him there as cover.

He is now.

Although I thought he looked decent when he dropped deep yesterday.

Edit Here's a thought though, has Shola passed the tipping point and become a sort of cult figure at Newcastle? He's not great and there've been times where I've sworn bloody murder at him, but now? I kind of love him :lol: Him, with his gangly legs and inability to sprint. But he scored at the Nou Camp, he's never missed a competitive penalty for us, he's missed when anyone's nan could score and he's scored when everyone expected him to spack it into the crowd. Facing off with Wise on his home debut, playing in a Zorro mask... I'm telling you, ten years after his retirement (if he ever retires) we'#ll miss him!

That's just about how I feel about him, though it's interspersed with freqeunt but sporadic moments of anger when he misses a sitter or does something stupid, and the occassional moment of delight when he does something Shola special like that goal against Sunderland.

101031-16-Newcastle_Sunderland.jpg

He is now.

Although I thought he looked decent when he dropped deep yesterday.

thats what I meant mate, he'll still be number 1 in August.

Sad.

CT and a few others will be pleased we aren't going to waste any money on good footballers though

Not sure why there's a thread about him being shite after a game he's apparently been canny in (I never saw much of it so can't comment) and a game where he scored a penalty Shearer would have been praised to the hilt for.

He'll NEVER win some people over. But he never cost us owt, never got daft wages, never missed a penalty, never fucked up off the field, never brought us any bad press.

He's not the world beater we all hoped he might be ten years ago, but some of the vitriol that gets thrown at him is bang out of order for someone that's put as many as he has past the mackems.

Guest alex
Not sure why there's a thread about him being shite after a game he's apparently been canny in (I never saw much of it so can't comment) and a game where he scored a penalty Shearer would have been praised to the hilt for.

He'll NEVER win some people over. But he never cost us owt, never got daft wages, never missed a penalty, never fucked up off the field, never brought us any bad press.

He's not the world beater we all hoped he might be ten years ago, but some of the vitriol that gets thrown at him is bang out of order for someone that's put as many as he has past the mackems.

The author might be a clue there :lol:

The author might be a clue there :lol:

I never read page 1. :D

Sorry for repeating anyone.