Shola

Christmas Tree

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does Ba seem like a twat?

He has contradicted what the rags have been saying and said he actually signed the autograph and then the bloke had a go at him.

Its only 2 letter as well !

Not just that incident. He refused to train in Germany to force his move to West Ham.

He has contradicted what the rags have been saying and said he actually signed the autograph and then the bloke had a go at him.

Not just that incident. He refused to train in Germany to force his move to West Ham.

Ben Arfa done that and everyone loves him here?

I'd definitely take Fletcher here, whenever he starts he seems to get goals and he did the same in a poorer Burnley side, so he's a definite improvement on Ameobi and anything else we've got, and Ba seems to pick up the goals too i'd take him here aswell

I don't. I think he's a twat.

IIRC Leazes thinks he'll be acting the twat sooner or later too. I'm sure others are concerned about his mercenary strerak.

Pick one from Shane Long, Boothroyd or Carlton Cole. That will be our replacement for Carrol.

Add Elmander and Bendtner to the list of sub standard players were likely to check out.

fwiw, Shane Long would be a decent addition.

IIRC Leazes thinks he'll be acting the twat sooner or later too. I'm sure others are concerned about his mercenary strerak.

I've no doubt he will like but that'll be because a bigger club will probably come in for him and wont see us as progressing the way in which we really should be, and in that case i wouldnt blame him for acting a twat

Edit: Long has never been prolific and this is his only season when hes actually scored a fair amount of goals, he even said at the start of the season that he set himself a 10 goal target, he'd be a woeful Premiership striker IMO

Edited by StoneColdStephenIreland

I've no doubt he will like but that'll be because a bigger club will probably come in for him

Hopefully.

I've not really understood the Ben Arfa spunkathon so far. He's appeared in 4 games and we lost 3 of them....and he's had a nasty injury.

EDIT: I don't mean I hope to sell him ASAP. I mean hopefully he performs well enough to interest other teams.

Edited by Happy Face

Guest alex

I've no doubt he will like but that'll be because a bigger club will probably come in for him

Hopefully.

I've not really understood the Ben Arfa spunkathon so far. He's appeared in 4 games and we lost 3 of them....and he's had a nasty injury.

EDIT: I don't mean I hope to sell him ASAP. I mean hopefully he performs well enough to interest other teams.

He fits into both sides of the pessimist / optimist argumental cycle on here though. For the former he's potentially a bright light amongst all the darkness and for the latter he's a symbol of how the club's new transfer policy is serving us well :rolleyes:

I agree he's done nowt like. I also reckon he views us as a stepping stone / route into the PL and nothing more.

Hopefully.

He fits into both sides of the pessimist / optimist argumental cycle on here though. For the former he's potentially a bright light amongst all the darkness and for the latter he's a symbol of how the club's new transfer policy is serving us well :rolleyes:

I agree he's done nowt like. I also reckon he views us as a stepping stone / route into the PL and nothing more.

Thats the way i see him, i dont see him yet as an almighty player who is one of the top players in the division like others do, but i think we all know that he may have been if he'd have stayed fit and alot will hinge on whether he can live up to his high standards when he does return

I also believe too that we are a stepping stone to him to bigger things at the moment, but i think if we do show ambition he would happily stay with us

He got a Nigeria call-up a few months back but then got injured at Fulham.

As for Ben Arfa; the fact that he proved his talents during his stints at Lyon and Marseille suggests that he's done more than "nowt" like some of you are suggesting. As do his French caps and goals. A number of prominent people in the game speak highly of his attributes.

He's not done a lot for us, no, but I'd have thought it's pretty obvious why many of our fans are excited about him based on the above and the very little we've seen of in the black and white. We all know that's got a bit of a controversial history and that that would have played a big part in why he came to us and not a better team.

However he knows he now owes us for sticking with him after he got his injury and I was always of the impression that moving from France would have helped him grow up a bit. Moving to a new country can only aid his maturity.

Guest alex

He's done nowt here/in the PL though, which is obviously what people meant. No one is saying he isn't a good player but that doesn't necessarily tramslate into being suited to the English game. His injury could have impacted on his ability too. Hopefully not though.

Edited by alex

He's done nowt here/in the PL though, which is obviously what people meant. No one is saying he isn't a good player but that doesn't necessarily tramslate into being suited to the English game. His injury could have impacted on his ability too. Hopefully not though.

We've got those in Melbourne :D

Guest alex

We've got those in Melbourne :D

:blush:

Has anyone seen Louise Taylor fingering herself silly over Shola Ameobi here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/ma...ewcastle-united

"Spinning defenders has been second nature to Shola during a season when many erstwhile critics have been confounded by his numerous stellar performances. A highly skilful, often unorthodox striker willing to attempt things others leave behind on the training ground, he is cherished by Pardew. Conscious of his bravery in playing with a fractured cheekbone protected by a bespoke face mask, Newcastle's manager has the team's No23 to thank for ensuring that Andy Carroll's £35m January transfer to Liverpool did not prove to be quite as damaging as initially feared.

Like the enviably well-read Shola..."

Not sure of the figures, but I'm pretty sure more goals since Carroll's departure have actually come from Leon Best, who's been injured for weeks on end...

It's a sad sign of how we have fallen that Shola is the striker who we pin our hopes on - remember when he was behind Shearer, Kluivert and Bellamy? Or even Martins, Viduka and Owen. He's not been promoted because he's got better, he's just the same player he was then, but simply by virtue of sticking around for so long he's had his moments, mostly against the inbreds.

He might be a spastic, but he's our spastic.

:D

That Taylor article is actually not bad - apart from the bit about Shola's football ability of course.

(And the use of the word "bachanalian" - pretentious bitch)

• 2 months later...

Signs 2 year extension

SHOLA AMEOBI today signed a deal that should see him finish his career at St James’ Park.

The long-serving striker – who made his debut in 2000 in the 0-0 draw with Chelsea – has signed a two-year extension to his current deal which will keep him at St James’ until 2014.

The 29-year-old, famous for his goals against derby rivals Sunderland, has 71 goals for the club, and is regarded as an influential character in the dressing room at United due to his long affiliation with the Magpies.

And Alan Pardew has been keen to tie him down with a new deal.

Pardew made the striker captain for the recent friendly with Leeds United and has been impressed with Ameobi’s input behind the scenes.

However, Pardew is still working around the clock to bring in a new striker while interest in PSV Eindhoven and Holland left-back Erik Pieters is understood to be strong from the Magpies.

Yet the arrival of Pieters may depend on Jose Enrique’s departure from Tyneside.

Pardew is not thought to be interested in Norwich City’s Grant Holt and interest in Middlesbrough’s young left-back Joe Bennett is believed to have cooled down.

But interest in Pieters was revealed when Tim Krul, while on Holland duty, told the Dutch Press: “We are interested. The coach himself and the assistants have already seen a few matches of PSV and the question now is whether the clubs can work it out.

“Our current left-back Enrique has a contract that expires, however, he won’t sign and is interesting many clubs.

“Erik is my friend since we played together at the World Championships in Peru in 2005.

“From then we have always kept in touch, regularly send text messages and if possible we get together.”

Meanwhile, United youngster Michael Richardson – on loan at Leyton Orient – scored for the Os as they drew 1-1 with Southend in the Carling Cup last night, before winning through on penalties.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...r#ixzz1UbwnsbWR

That to me is the low point of what has been a shit summer - next 2 seasons completely written off from a football viewpoint.

I don't care if he's 3rd/4th or 5th choice - he's absolute shite.