Shola

Christmas Tree

Can't wait for the testimonial.

As Stevie said a while back, potentially the first player to get booed at his own testimonial. :icon_lol:

Isnt be becoming a bit of cult figure now? Or is that just me? :lol:

Not just you :icon_lol:

Painfully average but I can't help but like the bloke. Gets far too much abuse from the stands.

He's the epitome of what has been going wrong at the club for several years now. He has his short spells of brilliance where he looks like a decent squad player and that help him to get new deals, but for the other 80% of a season he is either injured or just plain shit.

There is a reason Keegan wanted to get rid of him to move on and take the club forward with all other managers deciding to stick with him the club is not making any progress.

He's 29 years old now and most women have a better grasp of the offside rule than him.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've defended Shola in the past only on the basis that I think the stick he gets it way ott. That doesn't mean I don't agree he's shite though. But there's a massive difference between being shite and not trying. He's a carthorse who's never had pace, which some people thinks makes him lazy which is a load of shite really. Wanker in front of me (who personally I hope hasn't renewed for this season because he's a tit) is on Shola's back from the 1st to the 90th minute, EVERYTHING is his fault and it's pathetic frankly.

His hip is more or less in tatters too, isn't it?

As Stevie said a while back, potentially the first player to get booed at his own testimonial. :icon_lol:

Painfully average but I can't help but like the bloke. Gets far too much abuse from the stands.

He's the epitome of what has been going wrong at the club for several years now. He has his short spells of brilliance where he looks like a decent squad player and that help him to get new deals, but for the other 80% of a season he is either injured or just plain shit.

There is a reason Keegan wanted to get rid of him to move on and take the club forward with all other managers deciding to stick with him the club is not making any progress.

He's 29 years old now and most women have a better grasp of the offside rule than him.

I agree. I still like him though. He's shit but he's our shit.

I agree. I still like him though. He's shit but he's our shit.

I would be quite happy with him being someone else's shit tbh.

That compilation man :icon_lol: I think the worst bit is where, against Celtic, that through ball is played to him, on his right (him being right-footed obviously) where he basically doesn't even need to take a touch, so what does he do? He takes a touch with his fucking left peg and passes it into touch. His football 'brain' there in a nutshell. I do have a soft spot for him though even if I do agree with Wolfgang.

That compilation man :icon_lol: I think the worst bit is where, against Celtic, that through ball is played to him, on his right (him being right-footed obviously) where he basically doesn't even need to take a touch, so what does he do? He takes a touch with his fucking left peg and passes it into touch. His football 'brain' there in a nutshell. I do have a soft spot for him though even if I do agree with Wolfgang.

I actually felt bad for him watching that compilation. Shouldn't have done though, but there's just something about him that lets him almost get away with being shit or injured the majority of the time. Maybe it's when he flies in and scores a fucking belter of a goal against Sunderland?

newcastle-united-s-shola-ameobi-l-scores-his-2nd-goal-against-sunderland-during-an-english-fa-premier-league-football-match-at-st-james-park-newcastle-upon-tyne-england-on-october-31-2010-photo-by-graham-stuart-for-editorial-use-only-additional-rf_72597.jpg

Canny penalty taker though.

I have a soft spot for him too, and think he gets a tad too much abuse. Seems to stumble from contract to contract somehow.

Anyway, I wonder how much of this has to do with his little brother being a bright prospect.

hes signed an extention on his contract huh just when we thought of him going lol how come he can sign a contract extention but enrique cant seems very fishy to me i bet ashleys just waiting near the end of the transfer window then flog him

When he's on his game he can look pretty good, just inconsistent. Think Sammy looks a decent prospect and doesn't come over all gangster like Ranger, who I can see wasting his talent because he's got a poor attitude.

inconsistent, basically = not good enough

• 5 months later...

Horrible performance yesterday. That was the worst side of Shola. Annoying that we see no show performances like that from him all too often. Best wasn't much bette like. I put a much blame on the two big lads up front for the defeat yesterday as on the defence. They just couldn't make it stick second half