Shola

Christmas Tree

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shola was shite yesterday and as usual spent most of his time on his arse.

Further proof you know fuck all. :lol:

Shola does have something to offer, on his day he can be unplayable. For that reason alone i would keep him as back up.

Two new strikers, Ben Arfa, Shola and Best. :lol:

Lovenkrands sold, Ranger and Airey out on loan.

I think the FC Lorient striker would be a decent signing. Can't remember his name Kevin something-io. He has scored a few this year in a rather poor side.

Personally I hope there is some way to finally get rid of him this summer.

Not sure how his contract stands but with incomings expected he will be surplus to requirements. Dont even want him there as cover.

he'll be number 1 striker in August

He is now.

Although I thought he looked decent when he dropped deep yesterday.

thats what I meant mate, he'll still be number 1 in August.

Sad.

CT and a few others will be pleased we aren't going to waste any money on good footballers though

Fuck me you are one boring,tedious fuck. Change the record

If he could stay upright and wasn't so lazy he would be ok but he cant and he is so maybe as back up, that's it. We need 2 strikers then either Best/Shola/Lovenkrands needs flogging.

I would hang onto Ranger providing we get 2 decent strikers in

If he could stay upright and wasn't so lazy he would be ok but he cant and he is so maybe as back up, that's it. We need 2 strikers then either Best/Shola/Lovenkrands needs flogging.

How much is a decent, Premier league ready, striker?

You're in cloud cuckoo land if you think Ashley's going to go out and buy 2.

...or are you just doing the old dad joke when Top Gear are reviewing a sports car worth quarter of a million..."I'll have 2!"

Guest alex

Not a Shola fan by any means but I find it incredible to see people wanting rid of him and wanting to keep Ranger. That's putting aside any argument about how good Ranger might be / his age etc.

...or are you just doing the old dad joke when Top Gear are reviewing a sports car worth quarter of a million..."I'll have 2!"

Thats like saying how much is a decent premier league ready defensive midfielder.......Tiote?

And yes every signing is not going to be a Tiote but your assumption is that only vast amounts of spondoolas will sort the problem.

There is no reason at all why we cant bring in excellent europeans for more sensible money. The club have basically said thats where they are looking so thats probably what we are going to get.

I would also add that our recent history (20 years or so) is scattered with players who have not been trophy players or have been relatively unknown from Europe or lower teams that have done well.

(And yes that is one of my blanket statements that Im sure is probably correct).

Seriously, why are we pinning our hopes upon finding Tiote like finds?

Tiote was the result of Keegan's interest in the player and everyone in the football world knew how good Ben Arfa is (was) but he is no different to the Bowyer/Barton signings we've made in the past - the baggage he carries makes him a risk other clubs aren't prepared to carry.

btw I'll predict now, if he comes good and other, more ambitious clubs, start to make overtures about wanting to sign him, he will just go on strike to get what he wants.

leopard spots and what not.

Guest alex

Tbh, I would rather look to young, hungry talent from Europe than overpriced English players like Carlton Cole. That's not me suggesting bargain-basement strikers from the continent is the way forward but if you scout the right players there's definitely better value for money to be had abroad. Watch us sign Cole now I've said that.

Tbh, I would rather look to young, hungry talent from Europe than overpriced English players like Carlton Cole. That's not me suggesting bargain-basement strikers from the continent is the way forward but if you scout the right players there's definitely better value for money to be had abroad. Watch us sign Cole now I've said that.

I'm telling you, with them getting relegated yesterday and Pardew having previous with him, plus the racial abuse he was getting on twitter I have no doubt he's on his way here.

cole an shamble ar to cool...... I - An anagram of both their names which will be the Sun's headline when we destroy the mackems again next season.

I hope to god I'm wrong.

I'm telling you, with them getting relegated yesterday and Pardew having previous with him, plus the racial abuse he was getting on twitter I have no doubt he's on his way here.

cole an shamble ar to cool...... I - An anagram of both their names which will be the Sun's headline when we destroy the mackems again next season.

I hope to god I'm wrong.

i suspect you're wrong about the headline, only because its wank, however i fear you are right about cole coming here :lol:

Edited by sandman02uk

I hope to god I'm wrong.

i suspect you're wrong about the headline, only because its wank, however i fear you are right about cole coming here :D

Wanker, I've been on all afternoon with that you Loathsome, laconical bore. :lol:

Edited by Jusoda Kid

Thats like saying how much is a decent premier league ready defensive midfielder.......Tiote?

And yes every signing is not going to be a Tiote but your assumption is that only vast amounts of spondoolas will sort the problem.

There is no reason at all why we cant bring in excellent europeans for more sensible money. The club have basically said thats where they are looking so thats probably what we are going to get.

All your hopes and dreams for the future are predicated on the fact that Tiote has been an absolute steal. The kind of deal you rarely see. And we're going to do it with EVERY player we sign in the summer?

Because it can happen, doesn't mean it will.

Let's look at ALL the strikers that have scored more than Ameobi this season (there's 24)

Berbatov £30m

Tevez £47m (reportedly)

Bent £24m

Van Persie £3m (7 years ago)

Odemwingie £1m

Campbell £1.25m

Carroll £35m

Hernandez £8m

Drogba £24m

Rooney £30m

Gyan £13m

Torres£50m

Fletcher £3m

Elmander £8.2m

Jones £8m

Rodallega £4.5m

Sturridge £6.5m

Pavlyuchenko £14m

Davies K Free

Chamakh Free

Ebanks-Blake £1.5m

Ba £7m

Saha £12.8m

Beckford Free

So two thirds of them cost more than Tiote (which isless than I thought there'd be), The majority are over two or three times as much as Tiote, but that's not important. How many of them (on either side) would you honestly put at the Tiote level of a steal?