Shola

Christmas Tree

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he could stay upright and wasn't so lazy he would be ok but he cant and he is so maybe as back up, that's it. We need 2 strikers then either Best/Shola/Lovenkrands needs flogging.

I would hang onto Ranger providing we get 2 decent strikers in

just like that. Over to you Mike.

:lol:

Personally I hope there is some way to finally get rid of him this summer.

Not sure how his contract stands but with incomings expected he will be surplus to requirements. Dont even want him there as cover.

he'll be number 1 striker in August

He is now.

Although I thought he looked decent when he dropped deep yesterday.

thats what I meant mate, he'll still be number 1 in August.

Sad.

CT and a few others will be pleased we aren't going to waste any money on good footballers though

Fuck me you are one boring,tedious fuck. Change the record

ironic.

You've got a lot to learn, by the look of things.

Can you believe we're even sniffing around Cole, ffs? 5 league goals this season.

Yes and No.

As I said I rate Shola ahead of him and you all know my thoughts on the sweat pod.

we have to be optimistic mate and think Mike's soopa scout is going to find the new Messi for a few quid playing in a Junior team somewhere, before any other pesky scout from somewhere else spots him first.

Carlton Cole ? Probably a good shout, that would mean Ameobi retains his nr 1 striker mantle too.

I think the FC Lorient striker would be a decent signing. Can't remember his name Kevin something-io. He has scored a few this year in a rather poor side.

Kevin Gameiro

Seems to be alot of teams being linked with him and has a good scoring record, but would be near the £10 million mark if he was to move anywhere

I'd definitely take him here, but I'm not holding me breathe, especially with us going to fork out that amount on Carlton Cole

That's him.

I think he would be good value at that price.

On Shola I don't think we should be thinking of getting rid of him. He's part of the furniture at the club. He'll never be a world beater but he is solid as a squad player.

The benefit of going to France is that they'll be on lower wages as a rule (obviously not in all cases). The problem is you never know what you're going to get.

The benefit of going to France is that they'll be on lower wages as a rule (obviously not in all cases). The problem is you never know what you're going to get.

You're right. Players in Ligue 1 are on lower wages, the transfer fees are not going to be rediculous, and the style of football is similar if at a much lower level.

I think France is the best place to look first. Definitely a better option than Italy and Spain for value. The Dutch league would be another good option.

Thing is though the players who are considered as potentially Premier League quality will already have been scouted by other clubs, so it'll be hard for us to get them to us without alerting other clubs to their availability, which will inevitably bump up their pricetags, so the likes of Gameiro, Sissoko, Matuidi will be being courted by other clubs

Thing is though the players who are considered as potentially Premier League quality will already have been scouted by other clubs, so it'll be hard for us to get them to us without alerting other clubs to their availability, which will inevitably bump up their pricetags, so the likes of Gameiro, Sissoko, Matuidi will be being courted by other clubs

There's another dimension to that though, which is, how many other teams are actually actively looking for a striker as a priority.

Assuming that the Prem is indeed the top draw for players:

Chelsea, Man City, Man U, Arsenal, if looking are in the price bracket above us (Benzema, Lukaku(sp?) land).

Spurs - could be looking, as Defoe, Crouch and P'chenko have hardly set the world alight. (less goals than Best, Loven and Shola !!!) Although they'll have to shift to buy (according to Arry's and Levy's recent rumblings)

Liverpool - look set up front.

Of the rest, we "should" be very attractive.

Also remember there's 25 man squads and also Platini's rules kick in on 1st June.

That seems pretty accurate.

Spurs should be our main rivals for signing the sort of players we should be after.

The likes of Bolton, Stoke, Sunderland, probably won't be in the market for an expensive striker.

Will be interesting to see what Blackburn do with their crazy Tikka Masala owners?

So surely we should have first right of refusal on some decent talent from the French and/or Dutch leagues.

That seems pretty accurate.

Spurs should be our main rivals for signing the sort of players we should be after.

The likes of Bolton, Stoke, Sunderland, probably won't be in the market for an expensive striker.

Will be interesting to see what Blackburn do with their crazy Tikka Masala owners?

So surely we should have first right of refusal on some decent talent from the French and/or Dutch leagues.

Bolton, Stoke, Sunderland and Blackburn have ALL invested much more in their current strikeforces than we have.

Spurs have champions league money in their pocket.

We won't be beating any of them to sign anyone.

Edited by Happy Face

Let's not forget NUFC have supposedly been getting absolutely fantastic PR in France over our handling of Ben Arfas rehabilitation.

The likes of Ginola, Robert etc make us much more of a prominent name than the stokes and Blackburns of this world.

Unless the top four come knocking I think we are a very attractive option to join this mighty famous club.

Let's not forget NUFC have supposedly been getting absolutely fantastic PR in France over our handling of Ben Arfas rehabilitation.

The likes of Ginola, Robert etc make us much more of a prominent name than the stokes and Blackburns of this world.

Unless the top four come knocking I think we are a very attractive option to join this mighty famous club.

If Messi became available for £20m and no-one else was interested and he was dead keen to come here, Ashley wouldn't pay the fee or the wages.

You're concentrating on the wrong thing if you're concerned about how attractive the club is to top quality players. Concentrate on the fees/wages we're demonstrably willing to pay in the last few years.

We're not talking about the Messis though, we are talking about the other Tiotes, Ben Arfas, Enriques etc out there in France, Holland etc.

The tier below the current world famous names.

There the ones we we can get.

Edited by Christmas Tree

We're not talking about the Messis though, we are talking about the other Tiotes, Ben Arfas, Enriques etc out there in France, Holland etc.

The tier below the current work names.

They're not strikers.

You didn't answer the question above about which of the 24 strikers who've scored more than Shola this season are the sort of signing you're hoping for 2 of this summer.

They're not strikers.

You didn't answer the question above about which of the 24 strikers who've scored more than Shola this season are the sort of signing you're hoping for 2 of this summer.

Not sure what you mean?

I would much prefer to find Graham Carr has unearthed the striker version of Tiote. Wouldn't you?

They're not strikers.

Not sure what you mean?

I would much prefer to find Graham Carr has unearthed the striker version of Tiote. Wouldn't you?

I mean what you're hoping for is rare. Hence why you can't answer the question.

They're not strikers.

Not sure what you mean?

I mean what you're hoping for is rare. Hence why you can't answer the question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Carr

wouldn't mind CT telling us where this scouting diamond Graham Carr has been hiding all these years.

Seems CT forgot about this. I'll lend a hand. Scratch off anyone over £10m for a start...and the freebies/cheap deals that had the pick of European top flight clubs and chose Champions league clubs...and the players we've already declared no interest in....you're left with...

Odemwingie £1m

Campbell £1.25m

Fletcher £3m

Elmander £8.2m

Jones £8m

Rodallega £4.5m

Sturridge £6.5m

Davies K Free

Ebanks-Blake £1.5m

Ba £7m

I like the look of Elmander but his form seems to have gone out of the window. Ba has been mentioned all over the board as a good signing, seems a bit of a twat to me though. You think anyone else there is a big improvement on Ameobi?

Odemwingie looks like the steal of the season on his goal return. We'd do well to unearth another like him.

Edited by Happy Face