Summer 2011 net spend: Prediction

ChezGiven

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It would be interesting to have 2 answers, what you think they will spend and what you think needs to be spent. I reckon £10m - £15m net is what will be spent and if they get it right, it should be enough. A striker, a defender and some stocking fillers. 2 to leave and if one of them is Enrique, the net may fall, we'll use his fee but not all of it. Tiote to stay.

:lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

£5-10m net spend I think (assuming Enrique leaves). Could be a bit more - I reckon around the £10m mark though.

I think we will spend about 8m net which would be a massive disappointment unless we sell Smith for 25m and sign a few decent players.........................................................................

Went for between 15 and 25 mainly because I expect Enrique to go and therefore more funds to be available. The club have already said that the £35 mill will be used for fees and wages.

I am also being realistic that this is a progressive summer and not a let's challenge the top 6 summer.

Would love to find two decent strikers, a replacement for Enrique and a decent Right back. I think Simpson has progressed but his backing off infuriates and forward play disappoints.

I am quite happy with the wealth of midfield talent and am unsure what Pardews plans are for Ben Arfas position and where he sees Barton playing.

Went for between 15 and 25 mainly because I expect Enrique to go and therefore more funds to be available. The club have already said that the £35 mill will be used for fees and wages.

I am also being realistic that this is a progressive summer and not a let's challenge the top 6 summer.

Would love to find two decent strikers, a replacement for Enrique and a decent Right back. I think Simpson has progressed but his backing off infuriates and forward play disappoints.

I am quite happy with the wealth of midfield talent and am unsure what Pardews plans are for Ben Arfas position and where he sees Barton playing.

Kind of ruins the concept of net spend with that statement

Guest alex
I'll be slated by some on this but Im saying that we will spend no more than £10m in the Summer and thats not net. Overall I predict another window where we make a profit.

If KK is correct about Tiote going we'll be lucky to break even like.

I'll be slated by some on this but Im saying that we will spend no more than £10m in the Summer and thats not net. Overall I predict another window where we make a profit.

If KK is correct about Tiote going we'll be lucky to break even like.

I think it'll be Enrique and Barton with Tiote as an outside bet however I wouldnt want to go against KKs contacts in the business.

I get the feeling he makes it his business to know what the club are upto.....

its just a shame he didnt do that when he was boss :lol:

Always the optimist you. :lol:

I'm hoping for £20m.

Though I expect us to hear lots of stories on 1st September about how difficult it was to do business and how close we were to signing another couple of players.

Always the optimist you. :lol:

I'm hoping for £20m.

Though I expect us to hear lots of stories on 1st September about how difficult it was to do business and how close we were to signing another couple of players.

Exactly.

"We were a gnats chuff away from signing Messi, trouble is we spent all month chasing him and then didnt have time to find anyone else. Dont worry though Shola and Peter are on fire in training while Ranger is almost the finished article."

Some peoples interpretation of net spend is genius like :lol:

I think probably the lower end of ten to fifiteen million will be about right. We desperately need two new strikers for the starting eleven just to have a decent chance. If Enrique goes we'll need a new left back too. Simpson and Taylor/Williamson could do with being upgraded to move us forward but aren't desperate. Then we need a bit more padding.

God knows what net spend would be needed but 2 stikers of sufficent quality would cost about twenty million straight away.

I think they will get only one of their main targets. They will have to pay a little more than they reckoned to land the main target, due to everyone thinking NUFC is flush. LardAsh will not like that. Following the main target purchase, every club will try to extract as much out of the fat bloke as possible but he wont be having any of it - the vast majority of potential signings will be lost due to the fat cunt's "Fack Off" attitude. I anticipate the club scrabbling around towards the end of the window to see what is left. Net spend £13.25 m.

contrary to what some posters have said about me in the past, I don't really see it in terms of "how much". I would look at the player, decide I wanted him [accepting he has to play for a club where he sees moving here is a step up - which is the problem now under Ashley, and is now much harder because of the sale of Carroll], and pay the going rate. A million quid or so OTT if necessary is neither here nor there if the player is a quality one and repays his fee on the pitch. I've said in the other thread 3 players I would like to sign and don't see any reason why a progressive and ambitious Newcastle United couldn't easily attract all 3 of those players.

Do that, keep Enrique, Tiotte and Barton.

By all means scout around and try to find younger players or hidden talent for small fees or for free on top of that, but being progressive means expressing your ambition and showing it.

Edit.

Trouble is, this won't happen, and nothing like it will happen under this owner. If that makes me negative and a "bad supporter" in the eyes of someone who only watches the game in the pub, when I'm really trying to say how big and how positive the club should be acting, there isn't really much you can say about such a moron.

Edited by LeazesMag

Net spend around £15m if Enrique stays, around £2-5m net if he goes

less if he goes ?

Net spend, yes.

So we'll spend £15m on players, but I don't believe the £8m we'd get for Enrique would be reinvested. So, the outlay would be £15m, regardless of the monet recouped from further sales.