Summer 2011 net spend: Prediction

ChezGiven

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Net spend around £15m if Enrique stays, around £2-5m net if he goes

less if he goes ?

Net spend, yes.

So we'll spend £15m on players, but I don't believe the £8m we'd get for Enrique would be reinvested. So, the outlay would be £15m, regardless of the monet recouped from further sales.

Bastard Ashley, buying artwork with our money :lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

less if he goes ?

Net spend, yes.

So we'll spend £15m on players, but I don't believe the £8m we'd get for Enrique would be reinvested. So, the outlay would be £15m, regardless of the monet recouped from further sales.

Bastard Ashley, buying artwork with our money :D

:lol:

Jeepers I'm hungover today.

less if he goes ?

Net spend, yes.

Bastard Ashley, buying artwork with our money :rolleyes:

:D

Jeepers I'm hungover today.

are you still on holiday :lol:

£5-10m in my mind... Think it'll be a lot closer to £5m than 10 though.

We need to be spending £15-20m at least IMO. But I bet we're nowhere near that.

As Shearer says we need to spend £10m just to stand still.

Less than 10m net, I would say. We will buy this summer - even Ashley knows he'll never get away with spending nothing this time, what with the Carroll windfall - but it will be poorly spent and in positions not needed.

And yes, I'm a humongous pessimist, we're going to get walloped 8-0 on Sunday, we'll go down dead last next season and we'll sell everyone until Sammy Ameobi and James Tavernier are our only senior players left. :rolleyes:

If the club seriously had any ambition to build to challenge for a Champions League place in a few years time then I would expect them to spend all of the £35 million received for Carrol plus another £20 million on top.

Sounds ambitious but if we hadn't sold Carroll then I would have expected us to spend £20 million on new players in the summer.

No chance, I realise that - he will probably spend £20 million in total, sell Enrique and some people will be saying its a good transfer window - laughable

If the club seriously had any ambition to build to challenge for a Champions League place in a few years time then I would expect them to spend all of the £35 million received for Carrol plus another £20 million on top.

Sounds ambitious but if we hadn't sold Carroll then I would have expected us to spend £20 million on new players in the summer.

No chance, I realise that - he will probably spend £20 million in total, sell Enrique and some people will be saying its a good transfer window - laughable

The thing is, if we did spent 55m, we'd only waste it. Probably bid £20m for someone who's out of contract or something.

It is a risk spending big anyway. Torres has been woeful, Gyan was fairly pricey. Bent for £18m doesnt look bad money but that is going to rise to £24m for a one-dimensional player. His goals may well have saved Villa from the drop so in that case its probably well spent. All of them are January window signings though.

I dont think i'd want to change things round that much, or risk that much in one window, too disruptive and risky.

It could be, I always thought the player comming in was the most important, not his cost ?

exactly

We used to wonder what good players were going to come to the club, now we are wondering which of our best ones are going to leave.

Edited by LeazesMag

It is a risk spending big anyway. Torres has been woeful, Gyan was fairly pricey. Bent for £18m doesnt look bad money but that is going to rise to £24m for a one-dimensional player. His goals may well have saved Villa from the drop so in that case its probably well spent. All of them are January window signings though.

I dont think i'd want to change things round that much, or risk that much in one window, too disruptive and risky.

Gyan is good though. I'd take Gyan and Gameiro up front.

------Tiote

Barton---Ben Arfa

------Nolan

Gameiro--Gyan

Gameiro should be in our price range, £13m apparently.

I've heard Arsenal and Valencia are interested in signing him. Have you spoken to Gignac recently? How long is on his contract? Might have a better chance of signing him given the interest in Gameiro. Then we'd just need a pacy striker to partner him, unless we play Arfa just off him.

I reckon we'll get about £15 mill for Tiote. £8 mill for Enrique. £58 mill profits including the Carroll money. I think we can safely say there will be at least a £1 million net spend in light of this.

You realise to achive that net spend of £1 Million, in your example, we'd have to spend £59 Million. Eeejit :rolleyes::angry:

I reckon we'll get about £15 mill for Tiote. £8 mill for Enrique. £58 mill profits including the Carroll money. I think we can safely say there will be at least a £1 million net spend in light of this.

You realise to achive that net spend of £1 Million, in your example, we'd have to spend £59 Million. Eeejit :angry::icon_lol:

Is that asking for too much? :rolleyes:

Not sure if its me being wooshed now but no one expects the net to be anywhere near £35m, which is all the Carroll money. If he sells Enrique, he'll only spend a percentage of that. £1m net is just over 100% of the fees. The expectation according to this thread is around 40% of the fees.

Not sure if its me being wooshed now but no one expects the net to be anywhere near £35m, which is all the Carroll money. If he sells Enrique, he'll only spend a percentage of that. £1m net is just over 100% of the fees. The expectation according to this thread is around 40% of the fees.

Fucking hell did we get £35m for Carroll?!

:rolleyes: