Summer 2011 net spend: Prediction

ChezGiven

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will put my neck on the line here and say I'll bare my arse in the Strawberry while wearing a "I want to suck Dekkas dick" t-shirt if we spend over £10m on one player.

:rolleyes: Bookmarked.

Out

Enrique - 8-9m (most likely Liverpool, possibly hijacked by Spurs)

Tiote - 14-16m (auction between Fergie & Wenger)

Barton - 5m (Villa or Everton)

Jonas - 5m (somewhere in Italy)

Smith/R.Taylor/Lovenpants/Best/Routledge/Guthrie/Harper/Perch - all sold to championship sides for grand total (if lucky) - £78.43p

Poss. income : £32-34m plus loose change

In

Taraabt - 6m + Routledge

Insomnia - 7m + choice of Smith/R.Taylor:rolleyes:/Lovenpants/Best/Guthrie/Harper/Perch

Van Aanholt - 2m (+ £x on appearances)

Cole - 6m (not even worth that but because he's English!!)

Wickham - 7m (+ £x on appearances)

Poss spend : £28m + ?

Of course, this is all hypothetical bollocks!! (and I'm praying that I'm way off with Cole)

Poss lineup next seaon :-

Forster

Simpson......S. Taylor......Coloccini......Van Aanholt

Gosling........Insomnia........Nolan©.......Taarabt

Ben Arfa

Stroller

Subs : Krul, Williamson, Ferguson, Vuckic, Lualua, Ranger, Wickham

Consolidate another mid-table finish or push for Euro place ???? (oops.....sorry....CT positivity snuck in there :angry: )

Talk about a luxury midfield :rolleyes:

I'm thinking in the vicinity of 10-15m will be spent.

I don't expect there will be players sold apart from Enrique, though anyone will have their price and I think they'd accept anything in double figures for Tiote. The more players we sell the lower our net spend will be because the club will only buy lower priced players as replacements in the hope that their values will improve as that is the model of operation that they have continually indicated that they will be using.

Surely Ashley wouldnt be so stupid to sell Tiote for £15 Million, Wilson friggin Palacios cost £16 million. With his stock being so high as it is at the moment and him being on a 6 year contract that has to push is price up to the mid twenties to thirty price range. Not that i'd welcome it like, we should be telling clubs to bugger off bidding on our players.

I would think Gameiro's price would be as you's say nearer the £15 million mark, as they managed to get £10 million from Arsenal for Koscielny and Arsenal were the only club interested in him, and i think there'll be more than a few clubs sniffing round Gameiro too

Enrique and Collocini the departures. Collo has 2 years remaining on his current deal, and obviously is a big earner - his stock has risen on the back of a solid campaign. It's Ashley's last opportunity to minimise his losses, as per the club's original 10m outlay. I expect our Iranian friend [Ashley & Dekka's consultant wheeler & dealer] to heavily tout him, especially abroad. There's nearly 20m there from those two departures, with 15m spent on fees. If Tiote goes it will be a bumper Summer for our owner. A profit will be made, it's a question of how much.

Interesting thoughts regarding Coloccini. His perceived value will certainly have risen. I'd say he would be well suited to Italian football. Not too sure exactly what he's being paid, but if it's particularly high then wages could prove to be a stumbling block to any kind of deal that they try to initiate.

With Enrique highly likely to go the chances of Coloccini and Jonas departing would increase. It's all speculation of course but plenty of reasons for believing that it's a realistic possible outcome. That sort of summer I think would have long term implications for the value of the Newcastle United brand.

I will put my neck on the line here and say I'll bare my arse in the Strawberry while wearing a "I want to suck Dekkas dick" t-shirt if we spend over £10m on one player.

To be fair, pud, you're doing that most Saturdays already. Slut.

Net I reckon less than £10m. And I would think it highly unlikely that we'll be buying £10m+ players, cos we simply won't pay the wages that they'd want to come here, even if Ashley was prepared to stump up that sort of cash for one player.

We wll sign Yaya Sonogo.

No idea about net spend as not sure who will be sold.

If we are inc the Carroll fee than after the summer win the club will still be in profit imho.

Guessing Ricky will leave and we will get a french left back.

Tiote to stay.

Wouldn't be bothered if Guti went.

I'm guarded about the summer window. The usual mix of excitement trawling the interweb for rumours tempered by remembering who is running the club.

Might be ONE BIG SIGNING if we are lucky.

Went for 10-15m cause I'm an eejit.

Edited by Park Life

Who would have thought the concept of 'net spend' was so difficult to grasp?

Voted £10-15 mill. Personally I think around the £10m mark will be accurate since a few players will leave. Although it should be the whole £35m of the Carroll transfer + any other transfer income from summer sales + £5-10m of Ashley's money. But it won't be.

Obviously if we sell Enrique or Tiote or both then it'll probably be closer to zero. Remaining positive that that won't happen.

Guest alex
Interesting thoughts regarding Coloccini. His perceived value will certainly have risen. I'd say he would be well suited to Italian football. Not too sure exactly what he's being paid, but if it's particularly high then wages could prove to be a stumbling block to any kind of deal that they try to initiate.

With Enrique highly likely to go the chances of Coloccini and Jonas departing would increase. It's all speculation of course but plenty of reasons for believing that it's a realistic possible outcome. That sort of summer I think would have long term implications for the value of the Newcastle United brand.

Think Colo would look the part alongside someone like Vidic. I rate him that highly. He seems to love it here as well but the possible departures you mention might see him look for a move elsewhere. Spain or Italy would certainly suit his game too.

Think Colo would look the part alongside someone like Vidic. I rate him that highly. He seems to love it here as well but the possible departures you mention might see him look for a move elsewhere. Spain or Italy would certainly suit his game too.

I'd look alright next to Vidic tbf :rolleyes:

After some thought, Coloccini's probably been my man of the season and one of the best centre backs I have ever seen play for us. Possibly even the best. I think losing him next year could disastrous. Had someone suggested he could be this good two years ago I would have laughed in their faces.

I've gone optimistic and voted £10-15 million net, which doesn't include the Carroll money obviously, and assumes Enrique will be the only significant departure.

Guest alex

I'd look alright next to Vidic tbf :rolleyes:

:angry: Fair comment like. I used to say the same about me and Woodgate given even Andy O'Brien looked the part when he played with Woody. I think Colo would be great alongside a proper, dominating CB but what I meant was he could play CL level alongside someone like Vidic and not look out of place.

He was hugely rated in Spain when he played there, he was like a clown in his first season with us-he oozes class though. His partnership with Ricky is very important. If Saylor stops being an utter fanny and mans up, it would be nice.

Guest alex
He was hugely rated in Spain when he played there, he was like a clown in his first season with us-he oozes class though. His partnership with Ricky is very important. If Saylor stops being an utter fanny and mans up, it would be nice.

I think he was decent until about half-way through his 1st season here actually. Lost his confidence then never got it back until the following year. He needs people to play with though. Enrique and Tiote being the ones near him in the current team who are good enough on the ball to be able to play football with him. Williamson and Taylor don't fit the bill but I don't think that's a problem in itself for a CB (they have other problems like :rolleyes: ). Simpson is actually more of a concern, especially if Jose leaves.

Simpson isn't good enough, offers nothing going forward(has a nice 1st time cross on him though) and is wobbly defensively. Again it's a problem that he's undroppable, he might have an injury like the back end of last season, but the alternative is :rolleyes: and I think I'd rather be dead.

Regarding Colo, when we played a friendly against Shamrock Rovers(reserves) just after relegation, Colo was awful. He had just missed a simple header and someone yelled out "You're fuckin' shite, man". It was really loud and the ground was really quiet at that moment. Poor bastard.

I think he was decent until about half-way through his 1st season here actually. Lost his confidence then never got it back until the following year. He needs people to play with though. Enrique and Tiote being the ones near him in the current team who are good enough on the ball to be able to play football with him. Williamson and Taylor don't fit the bill but I don't think that's a problem in itself for a CB (they have other problems like :rolleyes: ). Simpson is actually more of a concern, especially if Jose leaves.

Exactly right.

He's one of the best technical players in our side regardless of position. Has hit a couple of volleys this season on target that most of our players could only dream about. Has the composure and ability to play it out from the back, and even when there's not a short passing option available he's got a decent long pass that he can usually pick out our players with. Doesn't cope well with pace though, but usually has the positioning to make up for it.

Just on our spending habits, Peasepud's arse will pretty much certainly remain constrained by pants. If you look at our entire team now there's only one player for which we outlayed more than £10M, and thats' the afforementioned Coloccini who cost £10.3M and came before Ashley had realised the reality of the finances of Premier League football and the absolute financial position of Newcastle United. The next highest priced player is technically Xisco at around £7M though hopefully he'll be completely off the books by the summer. Enrique is the third highest priced player (£6.3M) and he's likely to leave. After that it's Alan Smith (£6M), the less said there the better. Barton next up at £5.75M, then Jonas at £4.5M.

So of that bunch Enrique is likely to be sold. Xisco is likely to be sold (at a massive loss). Barton is stalling on signing a new deal. There's talk about Jonas' future at the club. Now there's speculation about Coloccini coming into the mix. If they all went that would leave Alan Smith as our most expensive transfer* (and he'd be on the highest wages). Of course they'd be desperate to get rid of Smith but I don't think that would be possible.

* The complete price of Hatem Ben Arfa is not really clear and could be anywhere up to £7M. I'd say it's more likely to be around £4-5M.

Also remember that first season neither Colo or Enrique had a word of English between them and all their translation was going through Jonas.

It must have been difficult for both of them considering they were surrounded by team-mates they couldn't communicate with.