Fifa 06 Or Pro Evo 5

Scunnytom

Fifa is ok in moderation.

By moderation I mean, played once on a giant tv screen at a mate's place. Let the glitzy glamour of it overawe you.

Then by the time the match is finished you realise how shit it is and it's back to Tyneside v South East London Reds.

When the demo versions of the games came out I thought they were both good, but that FIFA just pipped Pro Evo.

I bought FIFA when it came out and there are a few little niggly things about it, but on the whole it has the teams, the kits, the stadiums and most importantly the gameplay - which for me had made a big improvement in FIFA 2005 was better again. I think it's really good to play.

I got PES5 at Crimbo and aside from all the stupid names, bad kits and what have you, which is rife throughout it, the gameplay isn't all that brilliant. The menus are dreadful as well. Right now I feel incredibly frustrated and disappointed in it and I'm back to playing FIFA which doesn't just pip pro Evo, it's MILES better.

When the demo versions of the games came out I thought they were both good, but that FIFA just pipped Pro Evo.

I bought FIFA when it came out and there are a few little niggly things about it, but on the whole it has the teams, the kits, the stadiums and most importantly the gameplay - which for me had made a big improvement in FIFA 2005 was better again. I think it's really good to play.

I got PES5 at Crimbo and aside from all the stupid names, bad kits and what have you, which is rife throughout it, the gameplay isn't all that brilliant. The menus are dreadful as well. Right now I feel incredibly frustrated and disappointed in it and I'm back to playing FIFA which doesn't just pip pro Evo, it's MILES better.

71704[/snapback]

Can I just ask you why the hell you have an avatar of Owen's head pasted on someone else's body when you could just get a proper picture of him from Google or somewhere. He does actually play for Newcastle you know.

71704[/snapback]

I agree quite a bit. Graphic are poor on PES5 the game looks cartoon like. Gameplays good, hard to score atm! FIFA bugs me tho how you cant sprint clear of players with the ball. Grpahics on fifa are very good

71704[/snapback]

I agree quite a bit. Graphic are poor on PES5 the game looks cartoon like. Gameplays good, hard to score atm! FIFA bugs me tho how you cant sprint clear of players with the ball. Grpahics on fifa are very good

73878[/snapback]

So isn't it realistic in the way that Owen would sprint clear of someone like Henchoz? I've not seen it at all, but it would piss me off if players didn't have speed attributes.

Pro Evo always seems harder on 3 star than it is on 5 star. On 3 they always seem to defend in numbers and stupidly deep so its solid to score. When you play 5 star, they're better going forward but they're more attacking so more space at the other end.

Having played both, Pro Evo is far far better. FIFA was typically rubbish, press shoot and the ball bends into the top corner from anywhere. Also on the one I played, they hadn't updated the last week of the transfer window. I'd expect that with Pro Evo but I thought FIFA were meant to be good at that kinda stuff?

Like a foo' I used to buy FIFA every year. I've been playing Pro Evo since the PS1 and it is better by a country mile imo. Sod the strips and real names, style over substance imo. If you want to ENJOY PLAYING A GAME which, last time I looked, was the point, then Pro Evo is the boy.

71704[/snapback]

73878[/snapback]

So isn't it realistic in the way that Owen would sprint clear of someone like Henchoz? I've not seen it at all, but it would piss me off if players didn't have speed attributes.

73921[/snapback]

Yeah they catch up, then hold u back before slide tackling you and winning the ball? Pro Evo is hard to score on i find

71704[/snapback]

73878[/snapback]

73921[/snapback]

Yeah they catch up, then hold u back before slide tackling you and winning the ball? Pro Evo is hard to score on i find

77340[/snapback]

No doubt about it, Pro Evo all the way.

Get the patch, get a max drive, you've got yourself the best football game ever made.

Can I just ask you why the hell you have an avatar of Owen's head pasted on someone else's body when you could just get a proper picture of him from Google or somewhere. He does actually play for Newcastle you know.

71849[/snapback]

You can indeed ask. The reason is, I made that about 2 mins after it was announced he had signed, before there were any pictures of him in an NUFC shirt, and I've never actual got around to changing my avatar, being the lazy arse that I am.