Charles N'zogbia keen on a move back to NUFC

jamie_gordon

Quality player. Shit attitude and i cant see how people could forgive him for his comments when he left.

What comments specifically?

My take on what he said was that he wanted a move to a bigger club and that wouldn't be possible from Newcastle where he wasn't being played often and when he was it was not in his preferred position. All completely legitimate reasons for moving. Chuck Joe Kinnear on top of that and I'd be looking for any way out.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality player. Shit attitude and i cant see how people could forgive him for his comments when he left.

My take on what he said was that he wanted a move to a bigger club and that wouldn't be possible from Newcastle where he wasn't being played often and when he was it was not in his preferred position. All completely legitimate reasons for moving. Chuck Joe Kinnear on top of that and I'd be looking for any way out.

That wigan were a bigger club.

I don't think he ever said Wigan were a bigger club. From memory he was saying big clubs were interested in him, Arsenal being the main one.

He's obviously not the smartest and he is a bit of a cunt, but he has improved and could be a good signing.

My memories of Zog are ones of occasional flashes of brilliance coupled with a difficulty in 'team play'. When I think about some of his stuff I've seen on telly during his Weegan days all that springs to mind are, once again, flashes of brilliance. Of course, flashes of brilliance are great, but 'team play' are vital ingredients in a player imo, so I wonder if he has improved in that aspect of his game at all.

If I'm doing him a disservice, don't hesitate to put me right folks.

That wigan were a bigger club.

That's precisely what I believe he was misquoted about.

"After four years at Newcastle, I want to reach a higher level of ambition. I don't think that is possible here."

Fair enough to say that after being consistently played out of position, and infrequently played in general.

"My objective when I left Newcastle was to play for a medium-sized club, before bouncing back in a big team.

"I hope that will be the case next season. Everything comes to he who waits."

Again fair enough. There was a perception based on some misquotes at the time that he was saying that Wigan were a big club (or a bigger club than Newcastle). That wasn't the case at all. He was saying that he ultimately wanted to move to a big club, and the best opportunity for him to do that would be to firstly go to a lower profile club where he could play in his preferred position. Doing so show what he is capable of and allow him to possibly catch the attention of a bigger side.

Personally I don't think he's currently good enough to play anything more than a bit part at a high profile champions league side. Even a bit part might be stretching it because he has quite a few weaknesses.

My memories of Zog are ones of occasional flashes of brilliance coupled with a difficulty in 'team play'. When I think about some of his stuff I've seen on telly during his Weegan days all that springs to mind are, once again, flashes of brilliance. Of course, flashes of brilliance are great, but 'team play' are vital ingredients in a player imo, so I wonder if he has improved in that aspect of his game at all.

If I'm doing him a disservice, don't hesitate to put me right folks.

That's more or less my impression as well, but statistically he looks a little better than that.

He's scored 9 goals effectively from midfield which is a very healthy total especially in a struggling side. In addition he has 5 assists, though he's their corner taker so I guess it's not really that important a statistic. In the Wigan side he's has taken the second most amount of shots. 38% of them are on target which is quite decent, and he has a pretty impressive conversion rate of those shots on target (scores from every 3.2 shots on target, or from every 8.4 shots in general). Of course analysing statistics like this doesn't even go close to giving a true indication of his worth.

Fitness/Injury wise he has started 31 games and been a substitute in 2 which is pretty good (Jonas, Colo and Enrique are the only players in our side to better that).

Anyone else remember how he'd beat his man superbly and proceed to cross the ball out of the stadium?

Bramble looked like a world beater at Wigan too, with lower expectations and less pressure-ie playin in front of only 15,000 fans.

I liked him as a player, but if we do sign him I'm not expecting the finished article.

"I've been here for four years. It's a club who have allowed me to discover the France youth team, and I thank them for that, but at some point you have to know how to aim higher," he said.

"I've spoken to my bosses at the club. They know what my aims are and what I want to continue to progress. As soon as a big club knocks on the door with a good offer, I don't think they'll prevent me leaving.

Still waiting on that knock? Disrespectful cunt.

A combination of playing every week, as well as the role Martinez has deployed him in, has meant that he's massively improved as a player since he's been at Wigan.

I'd be happy for him to return, especially if, and it's a big if, we could buy a good quality striker, then you could play N'Zogbia and Ben Arfa behind the striker, which will give us plenty of pace, movement and guile.

Then you could have Barton, Tiote and Nolan in a central trio, behind them.

A poor man's Barca, if there ever was one. :D

Guest alex
A combination of playing every week, as well as the role Martinez has deployed him in, has meant that he's massively improved as a player since he's been at Wigan.

I'd be happy for him to return, especially if, and it's a big if, we could buy a good quality striker, then you could play N'Zogbia and Ben Arfa behind the striker, which will give us plenty of pace, movement and guile.

A poor man's Barca, if there ever was one. :blush:

That's quite an exciting prospect actually. Which is why I don't see it happening :D

A poor man's Barca, if there ever was one. :D

I don't know what formation Pardew has historically favoured, but I could well see he looking at something like that- especially given our lack of quality our-and-out strikers.

Guest alex
Article in the OP is too good to be true.

Can still see one of those strikers here come September.

I wouldn't mind Boothroyd on a free as back-up like. Shola's always injured, he's probably better than Best and Ranger hasn't developed into anything more than a half-decent bench option. I'd still want a first choice CF though.

Guest alex

Given

Simpson Colocinni Bassong Enrique

Milner Tiote Barton

Ben Arfa Carroll N'Zogbia

That's the side we could have been looking at managed by KK if Ashley wasn't such an incompetent, fat cunt. That's not even getting carried away since they're all players he's either sold or bought since he purchased the club. Frustrating, isn't it?

Guest alex
Very. I'd swap Barton and Milner over though :D

It's a fluid formation :blush:

You've been drinking?

Unfortunately not. That Calvados is lovely btw, thanks very much :D

You've been drinking?

Possibly a wee bit early. Glad you like it anyway. That 'Hedonism' single grain i bought is ridiculously nice too btw.

Guest alex

You've been drinking?

Possibly a wee bit early. Glad you like it anyway. That 'Hedonism' single grain i bought is ridiculously nice too btw.

I bought The Peat Monster and I've already got The Spice Tree by Compass Box. They're both great. Seems like they know their shit.

Edited by alex

Anyone else remember how he'd beat his man superbly and proceed to cross the ball out of the stadium?

Bramble looked like a world beater at Wigan too, with lower expectations and less pressure-ie playin in front of only 15,000 fans.

I liked him as a player, but if we do sign him I'm not expecting the finished article.

I remember that, he was the worst crosser of a ball i'd ever seen in me life, I'm guessing thats improved now though