Pet Hates & Peeves

Jan

A big gripe of mine is Asian shop keepers, mentioned this before, who can speak better English than most of the customers in their shop who speak Hurdu when there's just three of you there. They could be saying anything. It is rude I don't care how you look at it. Cue Renton and the HF saying what about English in Spain blah blah...

spot on. Should throw them into Robs muslim submarine and make them speak Urdu.

A big gripe of mine is Asian shop keepers, mentioned this before, who can speak better English than most of the customers in their shop who speak Hurdu when there's just three of you there. They could be saying anything. It is rude I don't care how you look at it. Cue Renton and the HF saying what about English in Spain blah blah...

spot on. Should throw them into Robs muslim submarine and make them speak Urdu.

:D:blush:

Anyone who starts their sentence with the word "Mate".

Closet homosexuals.

Rude people.

People who swear too much.

People who act like they are something when they are with friends but then wouldn't dare try anything with anyone when alone.

Knackers who walk around streets with big old fashioned headphones over the ears so they can't hear you tooting at them when they walk straight over the road

Taxi Drivers

People who disagree with me

People who dance with their reflection in shop windows [i kid you not, and I won't expand as someone will call me "racist"]

People who walk around in sunglasses in winter

People who say Louise Taylor writes shit yet are infatuated with her articles

Blokes who are employed in the "gents" and offer to polish your shoes for you on the way out, or whatever they are supposed to be doing in there

I must ignore 90% of texts.

Crap jokes and observations.

If you think you're a comedian, take it to twitter/facebook/toontastic where people who want to read it can find you. Don't ring me up.

I'm not talking dodgy jokes, I'm on about people taking forever to/not even bothering reply to texts about organising things etc.

OK I'll bite. People who moan like fuck because someone hasn't replied to a text they've sent them. See it happening all the time at work.

Fucking hell, if you want an immediate answer out of someone, fucking ring them!

If they can spend all day texting me total fucking shite, they can text back when it's important.

Aye but if you want an answer out of someone, make a bloody call man. Texting's alright if you're not arsed about an immediate reply. Same with email FFS. There's a bloke at work who regularly emails me to ask something and 30 seconds later is stood behind me asking if I've read the email.

Fuck's sake, why did he even waste his time typing!!!

The sun is at a lower angle in the sky in winter and creates more glare so that's allowed.

Sunglasses indoors however...

While we're at it.... lasses wearing pjyamas and baked-bean can sized rollers in their hair while shopping in Tesco. WTF is that all about?

The sun is at a lower angle in the sky in winter and creates more glare so that's allowed.

While we're at it.... lasses wearing pjyamas and baked-bean can sized rollers in their hair while shopping in Tesco. WTF is that all about?

Yeah, taking their kids to school in 'jamas & slippers with a coat over the top. Shameful. Didn't Tesco try to ban it btw?

Yeah, taking their kids to school in 'jamas & slippers with a coat over the top. Shameful. Didn't Tesco try to ban it btw?

I believe they did but it still happens. Fucking lazy cows, get dressed FFS.

The most I go out in my sleeping attire is to put the washing on the line or the bin out.

Me too. I only ever leave the house via the back door in my jarmas, never the front :D

I'm quite content to go to the shops in my scratty t-shirt and sweats, maybe haivanas or if it's proper corner shop shit I'll happily go barefoot.

It's like living on the riviera... :D

For the record, most Taxi drivers (that I know) have as much interest in conversation as most of you. We have usually been sitting without a job for half an hour or so and are well into the latest chat on Talksport or Five Live or even sometimes The Legends (another pet hate as it happens).

Anyway, we would love it if you didnt make shitty conversation, particularly the mind numbing what time did you start / finish etc and just leave us in peace to enjoy the radio.

It is unfortunately a known fact that "slavering on" with a punter usually leads to a higher tip. My advice to you all is explain within the first few seconds how you cant afford a tip and silence will accompany you on the rest of your journey.

On a side topic CT, whats your thoughts on tipping?

I stopped tipping the day you wrote that taxi drivers make £40k a year! :D

No thoughts on it as such. Being a tradition in this business along time just like the food industry.

Why people choose to tip one sector and not another is odd and probably can only be put down to tradition.

It's not like you give the local corner shop keeper a couple of extra quid?

As Stevie said yesterday it can be a 20p round up or a 6 or 7 quid round up. Had both yesterday.

I would say 2 in 10 jobs approx don't tip.

There is also this misconception that the fayre goes to some big boss and a taxi driver is on a limited wage.

People often after cash has been exchanged will hand you pound and say "this ones for you".

Also at one point Taxi driving used to be a 2nd job to help make ends meet. The people using taxis would have been wealthy and maybe that's where it all kicked off.

I'm quite content to go to the shops in my scratty t-shirt and sweats, maybe haivanas or if it's proper corner shop shit I'll happily go barefoot.

It's like living on the riviera... :blush:

what are 'haivanas' ?

Google came up with this ?

SsJ2l.jpg

dear Doctor Bongo :D

what are 'haivanas' ?

They're actually these (fish cannot spell).

08-02-07-havaianas-001.jpg

and should be worn by these

australia-day-2010-108001.jpg

Working mainly with women annoys me - One minute texting their boyfriends and all happy, the next cursing their screens because their latest delivery from ASOS hasn't arrived. Just give us a blowey under the desk for fuck's sake.

Well I know for certain we've covered this topic before but I can't miss this opportunity of a good whinge about my pet hates :blush:

1.Benefit scroungers and fiddlers, who have no intention whatsoever of ever getting a job.

2.Scummy woman shouting at their scummy children and pulling them up the street

3.The way kids speak today, whats going on? Its a kind of ghetto language or something :D

4.Hearing another person's music through their ear-phones

5.Twats who have their jeans down to their knees

6.Middle lane sitters

7.Brummies/Brummie accent/Birmingham itself

8.Kids walking around with their hoodies up

9.Being cut off by BT/EDF/TalkTalk/Whoever/ after waiting in the 'queue' for over half an hour

10.The crappy music played over the phone whilst you wait in their queue

11.Old folk who they think their advanced years gives them right to be rude and bad mannered

12.Snobs

13.Wine/Food Snobs (there are a couple on here) :D

Back later with Part 2

what are 'haivanas' ?

They're actually these (fish cannot spell).

08-02-07-havaianas-001.jpg

and should be worn by these

australia-day-2010-108001.jpg

. . say no more Sam, say no more .

Working mainly with women annoys me - One minute texting their boyfriends and all happy, the next cursing their screens because their latest delivery from ASOS hasn't arrived. Just give us a blowey under the desk for fuck's sake.

You can't put all lasses in the same bracket :D some are quite funny and interesting you know :D However, I know the type of lass you're on about in the work place. I used to work with this lass called Christine who was from down the coast right, and every day I'd have a bet on with the lad opposite me by what time she'd mention her weight watchers points. As the weeks and months went by my spread bet was down to like 10 past 9, and we'd like start at 9am. Oh dear :blush: bless her. Was a canny lass actually just boring, she had a massive arse too but would wear proper tight pants.

Well I know for certain we've covered this topic before but I can't miss this opportunity of a good whinge about my pet hates :blush:

1.Benefit scroungers and fiddlers, who have no intention whatsoever of ever getting a job.

2.Scummy woman shouting at their scummy children and pulling them up the street

3.The way kids speak today, whats going on? Its a kind of ghetto language or something :D

4.Hearing another person's music through their ear-phones

5.Twats who have their jeans down to their knees

6.Middle lane sitters

7.Brummies/Brummie accent/Birmingham itself

8.Kids walking around with their hoodies up

9.Being cut off by BT/EDF/TalkTalk/Whoever/ after waiting in the 'queue' for over half an hour

10.The crappy music played over the phone whilst you wait in their queue

11.Old folk who they think their advanced years gives them right to be rude and bad mannered

12.Snobs

13.Wine/Food Snobs (there are a couple on here) :D

Back later with Part 2

I have to deal with them fuckers everyday at work and all they do is moan and shit about having to wait to get paid for fuck sake, theyre all a bunch of nobs, I just wanna tell them to get out and get a friggin job instead of coming to me and complaining

Stinks of an inferiority complex tbh

Ye naa what yee are?

Stinks of an inferiority complex tbh

Ye naa what yee are?

A top notch piss taker?