Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

• 10 months later...

Well today I finished my re-watch of the first two seasons.

Totally stunning TV and at times I'd forgotten how brilliant it actually is.

That episode detailing the episode of Blackwater Bay is some of the greatest TV of all time. The tension in the build up to the battle, when Stannis' fleet start playing their drums in retaliation to the horns, the wildfire exploding on the sea and the brilliant Tyrion's speech as well when that little scrote Joffrey shows how much of a coward that he is.

Tyrion steels the episode as he often does mind but all of it was brilliant and the visuals are stunning too.

Well today I finished my re-watch of the first two seasons.

Totally stunning TV and at times I'd forgotten how brilliant it actually is.

That episode detailing the episode of Blackwater Bay is some of the greatest TV of all time. The tension in the build up to the battle, when Stannis' fleet start playing their drums in retaliation to the horns, the wildfire exploding on the sea and the brilliant Tyrion's speech as well when that little scrote Joffrey shows how much of a coward that he is.

Tyrion steels the episode as he often does mind but all of it was brilliant and the visuals are stunning too.

Really like Davos too and not just because he's a Geordie.

:up:

Have you read the books?

Started watching this from the start on Tuesday (had the week off), finished the second series today. Fantastic. Tyrion obviously the best, and like his exchanges with Robson/Jerome (can never remember). Waiting to see the snivelling little shit Joffrey get his comeupance at some point.

Some great lines in it, not just for Tyrion. Ygritte asking Jon Snow when he pulled a knife on her in the night. Plus she's fucking hot.

It's already annoying me greatly having to watch this new series one episode a week. But there's no way I'm going to be able to wait until the end and watch them all in one go.

Contemplating giving the books a go but I've still got the third season of Boardwalk empire and the whole of The Wire to watch so I can't see me having the time soon!

It's already annoying me greatly having to watch this new series one episode a week. But there's no way I'm going to be able to wait until the end and watch them all in one go.

Contemplating giving the books a go but I've still got the third season of Boardwalk empire and the whole of The Wire to watch so I can't see me having the time soon!

The books are superb, and knowing the story doesn't spoil the TV show tbh

The books are superb, and knowing the story doesn't spoil the TV show tbh

Considering how often they tinkered with the story in the second season, every episode was like a new surprise, despite having read them all.

Third season has started well. Third book was also the best so that's no surprise. 5th book was good too.

Despite the fact I know what happens, despite the fact I know it's brilliant when it does, I still find myself calling Joffrey and Fucking Prick as often as he appears on screen. :lol:

Cracking episode that.

Edited by The Fish

Despite the fact I know what happens, despite the fact I know it's brilliant when it does, I still find myself calling Joffrey and Fucking Prick as often as he appears on screen. :lol:

Cracking episode that.

100% for both. Having watched the first 2 series and first episode of series 3 in 6 days, I'm trying to hold off on the second episode as long as possible. And what a snivelling little cathword he really is.

Definitely going to have to get the books.

Yeah I watched the first two series a month or so ago so watching one week at a time is hard work at the minute.

Also the first two episodes of season 3 should have been one double episode. All that's really happened is to re introduce the characters and a few new ones. That shouldn't have gone on over two weeks imo. While both were still very good I'm expecting it to really get going on the third ep. Which since I have Monday off, I'll be looking to have downloaded around lunch time :)

Yeah I watched the first two series a month or so ago so watching one week at a time is hard work at the minute.

Also the first two episodes of season 3 should have been one double episode. All that's really happened is to re introduce the characters and a few new ones. That shouldn't have gone on over two weeks imo. While both were still very good I'm expecting it to really get going on the third ep. Which since I have Monday off, I'll be looking to have downloaded around lunch time :)

More importantly, there's been a woefully dismal cheb count so far this series.

Don't open if you've not read all the books.

Anyone else noticed how many characters suffer injury to their hands? Off the top of my head there's

Jon Snow

Catelyn Stark

Jaime Lannister

Quorin Halfhand

Victarion Greyjoy

Even all of the POV "Hands" to the King (Jon Arryn, Ed Stark, Tyrion Lannister) are ruined in one way or the other.