Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

“You can’t ignore the parallels between Kings Langley’s own rich history and the themes in the show such as battling kings and warring families.”

I'm reasonably sure you can.

Watched all three series in the week after Christmas. I'm hooked. Never been into fantasy stuff, comic books, or RPG games when I was a younger lad, but this is quality. Need to watch it in blocks of 3-4 episodes at a time especially to start with so you quickly get accustomed to 'their world' so-to-speak. I shall do the same when series four comes out - record the shows and watch them that way.

The trailer for the new season has been on now (apparently had close to ten million hits on youtube already). Clearly they're going to merge the forth and fifth books (which makes perfect sense given the way they're split) and start on them in this coming season. The big problem will arrive in season five if The Winds of Winter isn't released pretty soon and then they are going to have to make up an ending long before A Dream Of Spring is ever released.

• 2 months later...

:lol: the hound and bronn had a couple of cracking one liners actually laughed out loud at them.

i'm happy enough watching this week by week, i'm not a massive fan of it, it's good but i'm not chomping at the bit for the next episode

The conversation between Aria and The Hound before they went into the tavern was brilliant.

Cracking start to the new season. Some excellent one liners from The Hound and a great last scene (interesting too given the most reason chapter from the new book that's been released).

Oh great so she's still alive at that point in the books jees thanks for taking all tension from her scenes for the next 3-4 seasons and spoiling everything David Kelly gaaaaaawd,

Anyway the line about people that name their swords was great, good start to the season.

Oh great so she's still alive at that point in the books jees thanks for taking all tension from her scenes for the next 3-4 seasons and spoiling everything David Kelly gaaaaaawd,

Anyway the line about people that name their swords was great, good start to the season.

Or maybe she's not and that's why it's interesting. Or maybe I meant it was interesting because of the Hound liking chicken!

Haven't started watching this season yet. Is it mostly based on part 2 of book 3, does anyone know? Or will it have loads of book 4/5 in it as well? Just finished part 2 of book 3, wondering whether to get straight into book 4 or not.

Haven't started watching this season yet. Is it mostly based on part 2 of book 3, does anyone know? Or will it have loads of book 4/5 in it as well? Just finished part 2 of book 3, wondering whether to get straight into book 4 or not.

Have read all the books and doesn't stop me enjoying the show, even if I do know what happens etc.

Have read all the books and doesn't stop me enjoying the show, even if I do know what happens etc.

Yeah, I'm fine with that as I've finished all of book 3 now, just wondering how much of book 4 and 5 might be this season, find it fills in so much more detail.

Yeah, I'm fine with that as I've finished all of book 3 now, just wondering how much of book 4 and 5 might be this season, find it fills in so much more detail.

There are quite a few characters that have been added to the cast for this season that don't appear until book 4 & 5 so I think it's safe to assume they are going to get into those book by the end of this season. Although per the books, Jamie and Brienne shouldn't be in Kings Landing yet so they're obviously changing some the timeline of some things.

Also from memory, the last scene of the first episode doesn't take place until right at the end of book 3 at the earliest.

They're not. It's another clan who are. The Thenn's are probably the most organised of all the Wildlings in the books iirc.

There's a quote along the lines of 'They had more in common with those south of the wall than those to the north'.