Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

mine are orange , andrews are green

he's in a world that has dragons and giants and his da was head supersolider, i think 2 arrows at his feet should be enough to make him think

"here maybe should move more than in a straight line"

His dad left for KL before he started any training I think.

What research into the zig zag run have you performed Ant?

My guy says he doesn't "think there is enough evidence in the superiority of running in a zig-zag for wholesale recommendation."

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/dont-run-in-a-straight-line-and-other-bad-advice

Better to put more distance between you and the shooter than take twice as long to reach your target and give him twice as many shots.

Maybe if Jon Snow had stuck to the FUCKING GAMEPLAN then less people would have died.

You done fucked up, Jon Snow.

Saw a gif taking the piss showing the bit where he asks Sansa what he should do and she says "Don't do what he wants you to do" and he replies "good advice" then does exactly what Ramsay wants him to do.

Here's another (unimportant) question about that episode... but where was Ghost during the battle?

As is usual for any episode, “Battle of the Bastards” featured a wide cast of characters, both in the titular battle and elsewhere. One notable exception, though, was Jon Snow’s direwolf, Ghost. Ghost has been Snow’s fierce defender since the show’s first season, but was entirely missing from the most recent episode at a critical moment. It may seem like an oversight, but according to the episode’s director Miguel Sapochnik, there was a good reason for it.

Speaking to Business Insider, Sapochnik explained that the original plan was for Ghost to play a big role in the episode, but that was ultimately cut due to time and budgetary constraints. There was a lot of CG in “Battle of the Bastards,” but apparently Ghost was just one CG character too many:

“[Ghost] was in there in spades originally, but it’s also an incredibly time consuming and expensive character to bring to life. Ultimately we had to choose between Wun-Wun and the direwolf, so the dog bit the dust.”

Here's another (unimportant) question about that episode... but where was Ghost during the battle?

As is usual for any episode, “Battle of the Bastards” featured a wide cast of characters, both in the titular battle and elsewhere. One notable exception, though, was Jon Snow’s direwolf, Ghost. Ghost has been Snow’s fierce defender since the show’s first season, but was entirely missing from the most recent episode at a critical moment. It may seem like an oversight, but according to the episode’s director Miguel Sapochnik, there was a good reason for it.

Speaking to Business Insider, Sapochnik explained that the original plan was for Ghost to play a big role in the episode, but that was ultimately cut due to time and budgetary constraints. There was a lot of CG in “Battle of the Bastards,” but apparently Ghost was just one CG character too many:

“[Ghost] was in there in spades originally, but it’s also an incredibly time consuming and expensive character to bring to life. Ultimately we had to choose between Wun-Wun and the direwolf, so the dog bit the dust.”

Makes sense. Thank you, sir!

His dad left for KL before he started any training I think.

He's also meant to be like 8 year old in the book, no idea in the show but he's still young and terrified. My biggest complaint wasn't that he should have zig-zagged it was that I literally couldn't give a fuck about Rickon, he has barely been on the show and most of the time that he was he barely spoke anyway. If they were always heading in this direction a little more could have been done to make a connection so you felt a pang of sadness, instead it feels like Rickon's entire character was to force Jon into that charge.

Another minor complaint would be Jon's charge, I understand he would be full of hell about his brother being killed but howay he surely knew Ramsey would kill him and completely hoying away your battle plan decreased any chance of possible revenge, this from a bloke that was fairly calm under a siege by zombies... It was needed to set up the dramatic ending I suppose, now it's time to watch Littlefinger creep on Sansa for another hour :lol:.

Edited by Howay

This is the first season I've watched in real time and I now realize what they do at the end - make you want to know what happens next NOW.

Bastards.

What research into the zig zag run have you performed Ant?

My guy says he doesn't "think there is enough evidence in the superiority of running in a zig-zag for wholesale recommendation."

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/dont-run-in-a-straight-line-and-other-bad-advice

Better to put more distance between you and the shooter than take twice as long to reach your target and give him twice as many shots.

You're both wrong

If he'd ran backwards, he'd have seen them coming, and he'd've been able to flip Ramsay the finger every time he missed.

That's what I'd have done, anyway, maybe throw in a few cartwheels on the way.

Tommen's suicide was the first "Holy shit" moment in GoT for quite some time for me. Initially I expected him to be blown up in the Sept, then when the Mountain stopped him leaving his room I figured he must survive and maybe Arya would bump him off to get to Cersei?

Really looking forward to the fall out of that episode; Cersei's acts are probably a step too far for Jamie, Littlefinger has got into Sansa's head and she'll hate that the North has declared Jon, a bastard, King of the North, instead of rallying behind her, a trueborn Stark. Where are Dragon Tits' ships going to land? Now that Bran knows about Jon's lineage, who the fuck is he going to tell that gives a hairy bollock?

Oh well, only another 40 odd weeks to wait...

tumblr_m9bxsoxYPM1qiyseco3_250.gif

The coming way seems a bit unbalanced to me.

On Jon's side we have a ragamuffin outfit of northerners and wildlings who have already been decimated by conflict. Oh, and little fingers people and the knights of the vale.

On the Lannister side, erm, not sure they have any allies left. They've got th mountain I guess.

That leaves Dragon tits. Even leaving behind the second sons, she has:

The unsullied.

The Dornish.

The Iron Isles.

The Dothraki.

The Tyrells.

Three fuck off dragons.

And loads of ships.

Should be a cake walk.

Disagree about Sansa Fish, I think shes now worried what littlefingers response to Jon will be, shes seen him trick and kill people many times to get what he wants, which she now knows is he crown and her. Jon is now in his way and I reckon shes worried that littlefinger will set out to kill him off and take his place.

Also, Lady Mormont is going to die next season, nailed on.

The coming way seems a bit unbalanced to me.

On Jon's side we have a ragamuffin outfit of northerners and wildlings who have already been decimated by conflict. Oh, and little fingers people and the knights of the vale.

On the Lannister side, erm, not sure they have any allies left. They've got th mountain I guess.

That leaves Dragon tits. Even leaving behind the second sons, she has:

The unsullied.

The Dornish.

The Iron Isles.

The Dothraki.

The Tyrells.

Three fuck off dragons.

And loads of ships.

Should be a cake walk.

That's not the real war though, it shouldn't take much conquering to destroy what's left of the Lannisters. Dragon Tits will land somewhere to lure them out, join up with The North armies. She might have to see off Euron's fleet en route, but once she gets to Westeros it should be a piece of piss to destroy Cersei's lot. Then, however she's got to turn that army North to meet the army of the dead.

Can the GOT maesters on here tell me if the Starks and the dragon lass are going to form an alliance or if they're going to battle it out for complete control?

I'll be annoyed if all the goodies decide to be friends.

Disagree about Sansa Fish, I think shes now worried what littlefingers response to Jon will be, shes seen him trick and kill people many times to get what he wants, which she now knows is he crown and her. Jon is now in his way and I reckon shes worried that littlefinger will set out to kill him off and take his place.

Perhaps, I'm not convinced that she's savvy enough to see past her own ego. Is it better to be the Lady of Winterfell or the Queen of all Westeros? She couldn't tell Jon that thousands of mounted soldiers were on their way, because... deus ex machina, will she help him or will she look out for herself (until her betrayal fails and she begs forgiveness)?

I reckon the Red Woman is going to meet up with the Brotherhood, by the way.

Can the GOT maesters on here tell me if the Starks and the dragon lass are going to form an alliance or if they're going to battle it out for complete control?

I'll be annoyed if all the goodies decide to be friends.

They'll battle against each other until it beckons known that R+L=J.