Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

I've read a theory that he's so violent towards men because of his latent desire to pierce their flesh iykwim.

And obviously his desire to save the fairer sex comes from a positive relationship with his mother.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Wasn't it his job to save her? I doubt he'd have done it if it were just a randomer.

Not any more, he'd quit the King's Guard.

That was part an awareness that he'd need money or powerful friends to escape the Lannister's wrath, and part of an ongoing theme of the redemption of Cripples, Bastards and Broken things when faced with genuine evil/setbacks.

1 hour ago, adios said:

I've read a theory that he's so violent towards men because of his latent desire to pierce their flesh iykwim.

And obviously his desire to save the fairer sex comes from a positive relationship with his mother.

Plus he had a sister who died "mysteriously", which is pretty likely to mean "at the hands of his brother".

32 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Not any more, he'd quit the King's Guard.

That was part an awareness that he'd need money or powerful friends to escape the Lannister's wrath, and part of an ongoing theme of the redemption of Cripples, Bastards and Broken things when faced with genuine evil/setbacks.

Think he meant Sansa when he still was a guard - it was during a Joffrey walkabout that she was grabbed. 

Edited by NJS

49 minutes ago, NJS said:

Think he meant Sansa when he still was a guard - it was during a Joffrey walkabout that she was grabbed. 

Ah nerts.

Nice to see the easy procession lo victory laid out by Tyrion isn't going to happen though I think conveniently ignoring the fact that Varys should have had better intelligence about Euron and Jon was a bit glaring.

Otherwise all good. 

2 hours ago, NJS said:

Nice to see the easy procession lo victory laid out by Tyrion isn't going to happen though I think conveniently ignoring the fact that Varys should have had better intelligence about Euron and Jon was a bit glaring.

Otherwise all good. 

Wouldn't Varys have lost a lot of his spy network when he fled King's Landing? Qyburn certainly seems to have taken many of the little birds under his wing.

I like that the obvious weakness in Dragon Tits' army is a competent battle strategist. Jorah is gone, Selmy is dead, Tyrion has clever plans but we've seen them go awry. Jon Snow is a veteran commander, and will surely have learned his lesson from the Battle of the Bastards? And Davos is another.

Don't think that's the last we've seen of Nymeria and her megapack of wolves either. I'm sure there's a couple of viewpoint chapters in the books through her eyes.

Was watching last night's episode on wireless headphones and their batteries ran out halfway through. Tried rolling them around and stuff, but no joy. Had to root around boxes to find some and by the time I had it had taken me out of the flow of the episode. I was disappointed with the sea battle too, so that and the headphones meant this wasn't my favourite episode of the season so far.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Wouldn't Varys have lost a lot of his spy network when he fled King's Landing? Qyburn certainly seems to have taken many of the little birds under his wing.

I like that the obvious weakness in Dragon Tits' army is a competent battle strategist. Jorah is gone, Selmy is dead, Tyrion has clever plans but we've seen them go awry. Jon Snow is a veteran commander, and will surely have learned his lesson from the Battle of the Bastards? And Davos is another.

Don't think that's the last we've seen of Nymeria and her megapack of wolves either. I'm sure there's a couple of viewpoint chapters in the books through her eyes.

Was watching last night's episode on wireless headphones and their batteries ran out halfway through. Tried rolling them around and stuff, but no joy. Had to root around boxes to find some and by the time I had it had taken me out of the flow of the episode. I was disappointed with the sea battle too, so that and the headphones meant this wasn't my favourite episode of the season so far.

I presumed the little birds were just King's Landing and I was going to say he knew what was going on regarding Dany earlier but then remembered that was Jorah :)

I still think they should have realised that intelligence is a key part of warfare. 

14 minutes ago, NJS said:

I presumed the little birds were just King's Landing and I was going to say he knew what was going on regarding Dany earlier but then remembered that was Jorah :)

I still think they should have realised that intelligence is a key part of warfare. 

Nah, little birds are everywhere. That's how Varys knew about Dany and Viserys and so on.

I'm hoping for a Qyburn vs Varys snark-off

1 hour ago, strawb said:

Nathalie Emmanuel getting her kit off was the best bit of the episode

Did you not think her right tit was a lot bigger than her left?  Not that it lessened my enjoyment of that otherwise totally pointless scene.

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

There was no chapters in the books through Nymeria's eyes but there are a few sections.  I'm not sure we'll see her again, Aria's final words to her were a clear callback to the scene in season 1 where Ned says she'll be a lady and marry a lord and she replied no that's Sansa it's not me.  Clearly Nymeria is now a wild animal that can't go back to what she was which raises the question about whether Arya is the same.  It's possibly Nymeria might reappear at some point if Arya is fighting the army of the dead.

I enjoyed the sea battle greatly (whether this was down to not need headphones I'm not sure) despite how unlikely it seems that Euron's fleet could have sneaked up on Yara's without anyone noticing until they were right on top of them, let alone how Euron knew they'd be there anyway.  I did like Theon's struggles continuing.  I think it makes complete sense that he'd be unable to fight his uncle after what he went through at the hands of Ramsey.

20 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Did you not think her right tit was a lot bigger than her left?  Not that it lessened my enjoyment of that otherwise totally pointless scene.

Thankyou.  I knew I wouldn't be alone. Mrs HF rolled her eyes when i pointed it out. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Happy Face said:

Thankyou.  I knew I wouldn't be alone. Mrs HF rolled her eyes when i pointed it out. :rolleyes:

I mentioned it to a few mates last night but it seemed I was the only one who spotted it. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

Not a doctor but arent tits like bollocks in that there is always one bigger than the other?

13 minutes ago, NJS said:

Was it Manc-Mag who had the obsession with symmetrical breasts and labia? 

Not sure re: the latter but definitely had an issue with asymmetric tits

53 minutes ago, strawb said:

Not a doctor but arent tits like bollocks in that there is always one bigger than the other?

I've never studied bollocks but I've never noticed such an obvious disparity between right and left chebs before.

46 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I've never studied bollocks but I've never noticed such an obvious disparity between right and left chebs before.

Should start studying your own mate, I've only got one now so it's infinitely bigger than the other.

On 25/07/2017 at 5:46 PM, strawb said:

Should start studying your own mate, I've only got one now so it's infinitely bigger than the other.

I never leave mine alone mate.  I've was more talking about no paying attention to anyone else's.