Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

24 minutes ago, ewerk said:

At least Arya finally got fucked. I’ve been waiting eight long years for that scene.

Sort of strange that she hasn't been involved in any talk or reference to sex at all really then just went for it. (I think the hound said something about anyone but him would have raped her but that was it). 

That tunic has pretty good cheb flattening properties as well. 

I think they could have easily covered the first two episodes in one longer episode.  I guess we'll have to see how the next four episodes pan out to discover how whether they have paced it correctly though. 

It seems they're setting it up a bit too obviously for some dead to rise from the crypts with the amount of times they've mentioned it's safe down there.  I'm hoping this is a bit of a bluff or it's going to be something more surprising happening down there.

17 hours ago, Renton said:

Only 6 episodes? Shit, thought there were 8. The pacing of the show in its entirety hasn't been great tbh.

I think the last 4 are all around 80 minutes each. The whole of next episode is the battle, longest in film/tv history apparently. 

If it's the longest in TV history because it needs to be, then great. If it's just 'to be the longest in TV history' then it'll be annoying.

I thought the first two episodes were pretty pointless thus far. Especially that second one. Clearly we are going to lose many main characters. Ok. I'm not even that invested in the white walkers since, as Renton points out, clearly they will be defeated. The real battle is between to crazy blonde chicks ;)

2 hours ago, David Kelly said:

It seems they're setting it up a bit too obviously for some dead to rise from the crypts with the amount of times they've mentioned it's safe down there.  I'm hoping this is a bit of a bluff or it's going to be something more surprising happening down there.

I noticed that with the crypts. Didn’t put the second part together. It’d be worth it to see a zombie Ned Stark swinging a sword.

There must be a "freshness" factor in the quality of Wight that can be reanimated given decomposition - Ned would be pushing it I reckon but Rickon might be okay. Not sure if Robb and Catelyn made it back. 

15 minutes ago, NJS said:

There must be a "freshness" factor in the quality of Wight that can be reanimated given decomposition - Ned would be pushing it I reckon but Rickon might be okay. Not sure if Robb and Catelyn made it back. 

Most of the Starks we've seen aren't there, probably only Rickon made it to a proper grave considering the circumstances of their deaths but even he fell in the middle of a battle field and was run over by a cavalry charge...so maybe not.

I think the crypts thing will have to be a double bluff of some sort, or will play out differently than we may expect, its too obvious otherwise.

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Ned is definitely there.

Am I forgetting something? He was beheaded as a traitor in kings landing, was he delivered back to winterfell at some point?

23 minutes ago, Howay said:

There was some sort of deal to give his body back wasn’t there? It’s been fucking ages since those seasons tbf :lol: 

I've just had a look (its a quiet day in the office) it was sent and made it to riverrun and was sent on to winterfell, but then Theon had his great idea to take winterfell and we never find out (in book or show apparently) if Neds body ever makes it there.

So if we are doing the whole "dead starks rise from their graves" thing then he probably will appear.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I've just had a look (its a quiet day in the office) it was sent and made it to riverrun and was sent on to winterfell, but then Theon had his great idea to take winterfell and we never find out (in book or show apparently) if Neds body ever makes it there.

So if we are doing the whole "dead starks rise from their graves" thing then he probably will appear.

Makes sense, I half remembered there being some sort of deal when the Lannister’s were fighting the Starks but there was a good chance I was misremembering so that clears it up. 

:lol: Theon, I started re watching from the start of the program and I had forgotten what an almighty bellend he was. 

Wouldn't Sean Bean get royalties if a zombie Ned rise from the crypts, head stitched on like Frankensteins monster? Given the makers seem to be in money saving mode (e.g. Cersei lost her appearance fee last episode) no way is Ned coming back imo. 

I genuinely hope Martin has thought of a brilliant ending to this series, would be a shame to end on a bum note. Not long to find out. 

I’m starting to suspect that dragon tits might end up turning to the dark side. She might be the breaker of chains but she didn’t sound overly chuffed when John Snow revealed his true identity. Now is that because she has moral concerns about her nephew slipping her a length or because she’s threatened by his claim to the iron throne? It’ll Interesting to see if they end up fighting or fucking once they’ve dispatched the undead.

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

Plus she isn't going to allow self rule for the North. 

A bit of an irrelevance now JS is rightful heir to the 7 kingdoms. Think Gloom might be right, she may go postal. 

I think Dragon Tits showed her true colours in the last episode when Jon told her who he really was.  It was interesting to see that to him the issue was his love for her and for her it was that there might be someone (well there is someone but the proof isn't going to just be believed by everyone) with a better claim to the iron throne than her.  I don't know whether she will go postal but I don't think she's going to be happy being the queen to her uncles King.

Regarding Ned, Littlefinger took his bones back to Catlyn and we can assume his skull was with them (or it would have been an insult to them rather than a peace offering) and there is an assumption that those bones were took back to Winterfell (Jon and others have been down in the crypts to visit their 'father').  Whether or not a corpse that has had its head removed could be risen by the Night King remains to be seen, but if Sean Bean had been anywhere near the production you would have thought that there's no way they could have kept it quiet.  Cat or Robb could possibly be there too as we've never heard anything about what happened to their bodies although Robb (in the books at least) was spoken of as having Grey Wind's head stitched onto his after the red wedding so if that's the case there is the same headless corpse question about him too.  Personally I'd think if there's any of the dead Stark's who we have already met going to rise it will be Rickon, but I think it's most likely that it's the long dead Starks who will pop up.

Arya and the hound saw Robb's corpse with the wolf's head being paraded when they arrived so they did keep that bit. 

Edited by NJS

3 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I think Dragon Tits showed her true colours in the last episode when Jon told her who he really was.  It was interesting to see that to him the issue was his love for her and for her it was that there might be someone (well there is someone but the proof isn't going to just be believed by everyone) with a better claim to the iron throne than her.  I don't know whether she will go postal but I don't think she's going to be happy being the queen to her uncles King.

She'll try to burn him alive with the dragon but find him still standing unscathed.