Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

5 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: iirc Emilia Clarke (and maybe a few others) had it written in their contract not to show any Cheb. I hope Arya did too as frankly I don’t want to see anymore of that, I know she’s 22 but it all seemed very Adam Johnson. 

Fairly sure we've seen Dragontit's tits on multiple occasions? 

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

Fairly sure we've seen Dragontit's tits on multiple occasions? 

She definitely changed her mind after the first 2 or 3 seasons and said no more but then got them out for that fire scene in S6 - though like Cersei's walk of shamr they might have used a body double/cgi combo. 

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

She definitely changed her mind after the first 2 or 3 seasons and said no more but then got them out for that fire scene in S6 - though like Cersei's walk of shamr they might have used a body double/cgi combo. 

Too late. Once it is put into the wank bank, it stays in the wank bank. 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

(Must be weird going to a job interview and being asked “ do you get your tits out?” :D )

It's the first question I ask every interviewee tbf.

19 hours ago, Renton said:

Massacre the southern armies (with element of surprise), turn them, then fuck the Starks in a pincer movement. Easy. 

The news of the undead army's advance would reach KL way before they did, giving both the North and the South enough time to mobilise their troops and allow them to surround the undead army with Dragons and Plot-Armour clad folks on one side of them, and Dragonfire-spewing Mad Queen's on the other. 

Tactically, it's stupid.

Cracking episode, thought it was very well done. Looking forward to next week now :lol: 

Spoiler question:

Was that the same knife that the assassin tried to kill Bran with in the first episode?

Edited by Howay

Less deaths than I thought. 

The episode was decent but hard to be blown away when we pretty much already knew the result and how it was going to be delivered. The only question to be answered was who was going to do it.

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Did both the dragons survive?

Also, how did that fat fuck Sam not get his blubbery arse handed to him?

Both are spotted in the trailer for Ep 4 supposedly. 

I enjoyed it but still think it's all too rushed. 

I'd add that there seems to be a lot of people saying this was the main story and it's conclusion. I always considered the dead thread as just another part of the big picture. 

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

How do you know that Andrew? Also is it valerian steel or one of those ice jobbies? The current Mrs PL wishes to know these things :) 

I thought she'd given that dagger to Sansa but that was definitely a dragon glass one so I just assumed she used the one Bran gave her that she used on Littlefinger and was originally the one used to attack Bran when he was first crippled. Also stated as Valerian steel. 

Edited by NJS
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NJS said:

I'd add that there seems to be a lot of people saying this was the main story and it's conclusion. I always considered the dead thread as just another part of the big picture. 

Well no, the main thread is who sits on the iron throne? 

That’ll be down to a punch up between Cersei & the iron born v Dragon tits Snow and a dragon or two....

Just now, PaddockLad said:

Well no, the main thread is who sits on the iron throne? 

That’ll be down to a punch up between Cersei & the iron born v Dragon tits Snow and a dragon or two....

I agree but the idea was that all the winter is coming  stuff and the first scene of the entire thing were foretelling this big living v dead story. 

• Like 1

Good episode I thought. Entertaining to the end given it was basically just one long fight sequence. I was expecting more deaths to favourite characters too.  

It was hard to tell wtf was going on at times it was so dark but were all the unsullied wiped out as well as the Dothraki? Dragon tits will have to work on her people skills to rally the north to her cause but it’s hard to see Cersei standing much of a chance against her dragons.

36 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Did both the dragons survive?

Also, how did that fat fuck Sam not get his blubbery arse handed to him?

Aye :lol:

fair enough that brienne and the kingslayer survived fighting with their backs to the wall but that’s a sympathy save. It got a bit Hollywood in places. Disappointingly low death count tbh

41 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

How do you know that Andrew? Also is it valerian steel or one of those ice jobbies? The current Mrs PL wishes to know these things :) 

NJS is right, that dagger has been around a while! (I have wiki'd this for some details btw)

The cutthroat who came to kill off Bran had it, Cat was led to the conclusion that it is Valyrian steel and (through littlefingers bullshit) that Tyrion had put the hit on Bran which caused him to be taken prisoner and the whole war to begin.

Cat gives it to Ned just before she does this this and he has it when he tries to arrest Cersei and Joffrey, when littlefinger betrays ned he takes possession of it.

Jump then to season 7 and sam discovers that dragonglass and valyrian steel are going to be useful, there is a drawing of the dagger in the book he is reading about it, we're reminded here that it is one of the few valyrian steel weapons not lost.

Spoiler

Littlefinger gives it to Bran, who gives it to Arya ("its wasted on a cripple") right where she happens to use it to kill the NK, also exactly where she managed to sneak up on Jon two episdoes ago and ask "how did you survive a knife to the heart?" it was being hinted and hinted at over and over.

She spars with Brienne and pulls the exact same move she uses on the NK, executes Littlefinger with it and then we get to here.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Good episode I thought. Entertaining to the end given it was basically just one long fight sequence. I was expecting more deaths to favourite characters too.  

It was hard to tell wtf was going on at times it was so dark but were all the unsullied wiped out as well as the Dothraki? Dragon tits will have to work on her people skills to rally the north to her cause but it’s hard to see Cersei standing much of a chance against her dragons.

Cersei does have the scorpions, which we've seen to be effective if they land a hit on a Dragon.

I'm expecting at some point is for Daario and the Second Sons to be called upon to bolster the army taking on Cersei, which would mean there are two mercenary companies from Essos in conflict over the throne of Westeros.

Great episode in the main. It's rare that I'm so transfixed on something nowadays i do nothing but watch. The tension scenes were the best imo, the battle bits were too busy and the CGI surprisingly weak in parts.