Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, well she's a woman isn't she? :blush:

Proper epic episode, Arya to kill Dragon tits and Sansa to sit on what's left of the throne. My main gripe is how come Drogon became so overpowered in such a short time. Felt a bit cheap. As did the complete incompetence and cowardice of the kings guard. Soft shandy drinking southern cunts.   

I guess the justification could be that a scorpion has never actually hit a Dragon who knew it was there?

The kings guard getting swatted by the hound was one of my favourite small moments, a little reminder that the guy is awesome before he takes on the Mountain.

Clegane-bowl didn't disappoint either, good shit.

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Hold on, whats your point. She ruled by fear and literally had an almost indestructible  mountain protecting her.

I just think holding control of that many people by fear (without nuclear dragons) is a push in the context of how she got that power. 

Just now, NJS said:

I just think holding control of that many people by fear (without nuclear dragons) is a push in the context of how she got that power. 

She still had a keep they couldn't enter (that she never seemed to leave), the mountain by her side and the actual army loyal to the crown

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

My main gripe is how come Drogon became so overpowered i  such a short time. Felt a bit cheap

Eh? How was he overpowered?

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Eh? How was he overpowered?

Well, the last couple of dragons died with a whimper, an ice spear and a scorpion/ballista whatever we've decided to call it. Gave the impression they were vulnerable. But this fucker raised an entire city, surrounded by scorpions, more effectively than a thermonuclear weapon. I thought it was unbalanced personally. 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

They were this time. Yet a week ago a dragon could be shot multiple times from them.

an unaware and already injured dragon.

Like I said just up there, no scorpion has ever actually hit a Dragon that knew they were coming.

Just now, Andrew said:

Like I said just up there, no scorpion has ever actually hit a Dragon that knew they were coming.

Just because I know someone has a gun doesn't mean I won't get shot. 

Big fuckers these dragons, lots of inertia. The last one was shot through the heart and head. I guess the solution is to attack with the sun behind you.

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well, the last couple of dragons died with a whimper, an ice spear and a scorpion/ballista whatever we've decided to call it. Gave the impression they were vulnerable. But this fucker raised an entire city, surrounded by scorpions, more effectively than a thermonuclear weapon. I thought it was unbalanced personally. 

Yeah I think I get you. Overpowered is perhaps the wrong word though.

Just now, Renton said:

Just because I know someone has a gun doesn't mean I won't get shot. 

Big fuckers these dragons, lots of inertia. The last one was shot through the heart and head. I guess the solution is to attack with the sun behind you.

They aren't guns though, the projectiles are slower for a start.

That worked well for the ship ones, once she was in the walls there was a good shot of how they aimed the wall mounted ones and I don't think they could turn all the way round, they had three guys hanging off the back to tilt and turn it on a lower platform that didn't look like it went all the way round the thing

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Literally all they had to do was fly away. Dragons clearly thick as fuck.

btw this is brilliant, literally every other place I've seen GoT comments is just people fucking whining constantly.

It's been brilliant but not beyond criticism, particularly because the last series have been so rushed. There's a fair few loose endings that need tied, but will they? For instance it looks like the Bran saga is going to remain a mystery. Who the fuck is he and what was/is his connection to the NK? 

Wonder if they'll venture into that stuff more in the spin offs?

There have been a few rumoured and some canned (no one will say which though) The Long Night, Roberts Rebellion and Dunc and Egg being the ones I have heard of.

I think the dragonfire was a bit mixed up. When it hit people, it him them like fire. When it hit bricks and mortar, it hit them like a missile. Has it ever been shown to be that powerful in the past?

Also, any possibility that Dany will try to torch John Snow and he'll live through it with his Targaryan blood?

How does Sansa get onto the throne btw? That's a hell of a jump for one episode.

Just now, Andrew said:

I'm going to delete my post from 45 minutes or so ago.

I am enjoying this season and the fall of Dany :D

I mean, I hate 'perfect' characters, so this is enjoyable. Jon Snow gets away with his stuff cos I think he seems genuinely quite northern in his outlook, and I'm biased af.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

I think the dragonfire was a bit mixed up. When it hit people, it him them like fire. When it hit bricks and mortar, it hit them like a missile. Has it ever been shown to be that powerful in the past?

Also, any possibility that Dany will try to torch John Snow and he'll live through it with his Targaryan blood?

How does Sansa get onto the throne btw? That's a hell of a jump for one episode.

Seemed to have that explosive property against ships in the past and it definitely blew up the lannister lines last season.

I think Sansa may end up with it by virtue of being the only established noble who can actually take it and would accept it, she has the right people looking at her, Tyrion as hand(husband?) Brienne as kings guard etc.

“ Why won’t you fucking die?” :D

Top cunt, went out like he went through the series- giving no fucks. 

Also speaker of the best line in the entire series. 

“I understand that if any more words come pouring out your cunt mouth, I'm going to have to eat every fucking chicken in this room.”

RIP you glorious bastard. 

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

“ Why won’t you fucking die?” :D

Top cunt, went out like went through the series- giving no fucks. 

Also speaker of the best line in the entire series. 

“I understand that if any more words come pouring out your cunt mouth, I'm going to have to eat every fucking chicken in this room.”

RIP you glorious bastard. 

Yes! This hasn't had enough appreciation in here today, what a fucking great character he's been.

tenor.gif?itemid=9972691