Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

Wouldn’t the kid from skins be next in line for the throne? Being Roberts son and being made a lord etc? 

Edited by strawb

1 minute ago, strawb said:

Wouldn’t the kid from skins be next in line for the throne? Being Roberts son and being made a lord etc? 

Depends if a Baratheon is considered as such, there are those who feel that the targaryen family are the only rightful heirs and that the baratheons were usurpers

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

Cersei and Jaime had a castle fall on them, they're dead, the mountain is dead too.

Cerseis prophecy (in the show) finished when Tommen died, Aryas finished when she killed the NK(assuming we're talking the one Mel made about eyes) and Dany doesn't have one does she?

We've seen episodes end with someone apparently dying only for them to have survived, I wouldn't be shocked if Jaime and Cersei somehow survived only to be ended by Dangerous Dany.

So are the prophecies are all bokum? Cersei wasn't killed by her little brother, unless you can blame Tyrion for sending them down into the basement? Has Arya killed anyone with green eyes? 

Dany's got a couple hasn't she? 

And what about Azor Ahai? And the Prince that was Promised?

And also, it was entirely unrealistic just how quickly and clumsily the eunuch turned on Dragontits.

Also also, did he manage to get any of those letters away that he was writing?

Edited by ewerk

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

And also, it was entirely unrealistic just how quickly and clumsily the eunuch turned on Dragontits.

Also also, did he manage to get any of those letters away that he was writing?

He's had his doubts for a while hasn't he? And the previous episode he had a big chat with Tyrion about it didn't he?

I think the implication is that he's got one or two out at least, right?

11 minutes ago, NJS said:

She did say "I've been betrayed" - not sure that meant they intercepted his letters or as I said about last week, he setup the sea ambush. 

Nah, can't see him setting an ambush where he's at risk.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

We've seen episodes end with someone apparently dying only for them to have survived, I wouldn't be shocked if Jaime and Cersei somehow survived only to be ended by Dangerous Dany.

So are the prophecies are all bokum? Cersei wasn't killed by her little brother, unless you can blame Tyrion for sending them down into the basement? Has Arya killed anyone with green eyes? 

Dany's got a couple hasn't she? 

And what about Azor Ahai? And the Prince that was Promised?

We literally saw them embrace as the entire building came down on them. They dead.

Cersei was never predicted to be killed by her brother in the show, only that her children would die.

Arya killed fuckin' loads of people since then, brown and green didn't matter, it was blue that mattered.

Dany has had none made of her that I know of.

Azor Ahai is the prince that was promised and we still don't know who that may be or what that prophecy means as the Night King is not named in it, only that "Darkness will flee before them".

The story isn't bound by prophecies anyway. Look at the red woman, her prophecies were fucking hopeless except when it mattered. 

Did anyone notice early on in the episode Dany looked really young when she tried to seduce Jon at Dragonstone. Then she turned round she looked 20 years older, reminded me of Melisandre a bit. Not sure if it was intentional or if meant anything like. 

22 minutes ago, Renton said:

The story isn't bound by prophecies anyway. Look at the red woman, her prophecies were fucking hopeless except when it mattered. 

Did anyone notice early on in the episode Dany looked really young when she tried to seduce Jon at Dragonstone. Then she turned round she looked 20 years older, reminded me of Melisandre a bit. Not sure if it was intentional or if meant anything like. 

I thought that was at the start when talking to Tyrion and it indicated she'd been crying over Missandei's and the rest. 

29 minutes ago, Andrew said:

We literally saw them embrace as the entire building came down on them. They dead.

Cersei was never predicted to be killed by her brother in the show, only that her children would die.

Arya killed fuckin' loads of people since then, brown and green didn't matter, it was blue that mattered.

Dany has had none made of her that I know of.

Azor Ahai is the prince that was promised and we still don't know who that may be or what that prophecy means as the Night King is not named in it, only that "Darkness will flee before them".

Maybe, but we literally saw Jon stabbed to death, Jaime sink into the inky abyss, and so on. I dunno.

Didn't Dany hear prophecies about the stallion that would ride the world, she saw visions of possible futures in Qaarth?

Do you think the Azor Ahai prophecy will be addressed in the tv show?

27 minutes ago, NJS said:

I thought he travelled with Jon, not the fleet? 

Nah he was on the beach with Tyrion after the attack.

26 minutes ago, Renton said:

True enough.

If Jon takes the throne, he's likely got to choose between Tyrion and Davos for the Hand (if they both survive), he's got no natural military advisor, no master of coin, no master of whisperers, no grand maester, no kings guard. He's got to rule over a country where three major families are dunzo (Lannister, Tyrell, Targaryen),  the capital is destroyed and the crown is likely bankrupt.

No wonder he doesn't fucking want it.

10 hours ago, Renton said:

Latest Game of Thrones episode sends curveball to children named Khaleesi. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/may/14/latest-game-of-thrones-episode-sends-curveball-to-children-named-khaleesi

There's a Khaleesi in my daughters year. :icon_lol:

They should go full DnD with it now and change her middle name to 'The Uncorrupted' or 'The Breaker of Chains'. Then those kids with a bit of darkness in them can be 'The Fallen'

I mean, if they're going to be stupid enough to name their children after someone who starts the series off with murderous violence and has ambitions of dominion over all men, and then be surprised when those ambitions are manifest.

Edited by Rayvin

9 hours ago, The Fish said:

If Jon takes the throne, he's likely got to choose between Tyrion and Davos for the Hand (if they both survive), he's got no natural military advisor, no master of coin, no master of whisperers, no grand maester, no kings guard. He's got to rule over a country where three major families are dunzo (Lannister, Tyrell, Targaryen),  the capital is destroyed and the crown is likely bankrupt.

No wonder he doesn't fucking want it.

Was just saying that to the lads at 5-a-side

• Haha 3

i loved it. my only gripe, along with everyone else on the internet it seems, was the catalyst that turned daenerys to the darkside. it was well signposted, we all knew it was coming, but after freeing all those slaves, it didn't take much to turn her into a mass-murdering tyrant. we know she was driven by her desire to reclaim the iron throne, but then she completely destroys the capital she wished to rule from and loses all her allies. we know she has the mad king's blood, but it didn't quite add up, for me. 

it'll be interesting to see where the last episode goes now. daenerys is surely for the chop, but i doubt even arya stark fancies taking her on after seeing what she can do on top of her dragon.  i agree with those that say the lack of new source material and the writer's rush to wrap it all up has compromised the plot in the last season, but still compelling TV and an awesome spectacle. and i loved the hound v the mountain. very satisfying end to his story.

Edited by Dr Gloom

On 24/04/2019 at 09:28, Dr Gloom said:

I’m starting to suspect that dragon tits might end up turning to the dark side. She might be the breaker of chains but she didn’t sound overly chuffed when John Snow revealed his true identity. Now is that because she has moral concerns about her nephew slipping her a length or because she’s threatened by his claim to the iron throne? It’ll Interesting to see if they end up fighting or fucking once they’ve dispatched the undead.

fighting it is, then. 

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

i loved it. my only gripe, along with everyone else on the internet it seems, was the catalyst that turned daenerys to the darkside. it was well signposted, we all knew it was coming, but after freeing all those slaves, it didn't take much to turn her into a mass-murdering tyrant. we know she was driven by her desire to reclaim the iron throne, but then she completely destroys the capital she wished to rule from and loses all her allies. we know she has the mad king's blood, but it didn't quite add up, for me. 

it'll be interesting to see where the last episode goes now. daenerys is surely for the chop, but i doubt even arya stark fancies taking her on after seeing what she can do on top of her dragon.  i agree with those that say the lack of new source material and the writer's rush to wrap it all up has compromised the plot in the last season, but still compelling TV and an awesome spectacle. and i loved the hound v the mountain. very satisfying end to his story.

Think the second bit explains the first bit.

Dunno how you slow that down though? Or maybe you could provide a little shove to tip her over the edge? 

Really enjoyed the episode mind. Cleganebowl was a sight to see. The much lauded Golden Company were fucking worthless though. though they did allow for a mirror image of Jon facing down the onrushing cavalry in the Battle of the Bastards, with their leader bricking it and trying to run instead.

At least it was better than the last two. 

Some right time wasting scenes mind, like watching Brienne write a load of pages about Jaime. 

I’m still confused why that Gray Worm was so adamant Jon was going to die, then was fine Jon got sent to the wall, then Gray Worm and the Unsullied immediately fucked off. Meanwhile the rest were like “aye sorry like Jon” :lol:. I get they wanted him to end by being back with his wildling mates, but the whole “back to the nights watch was a bit cack imo.